The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey Amy!

I'm in Falk-egg too. I got the booklets and stuff last Thursday. Did you get anything? What course are you doing? I'm doing Industrial Design.

What did you hear? Is there any thing in particular we should know about these halls?!? I've not visited them.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
im going to falk egg as well. found this site if its any use... http://students.falk-egg.com ive heard its not that bad, but what do you expect for the price. im not too bothered really, everything suits me except 8 people using one bathroom... :biggrin:
Reply 3
well said channy. i'm off there too.
Reply 4
well said channy. i'm off there too.

i know someone who took a gap year and is now coming to join me at lufbra. and hes going into falk egg
Reply 5
im going there too. rather dissapointed cos i got given my third choice.
Reply 6
yeah i got my third choice too, except i didnt get an en suite but not too bothered. i wish i had known about telford being like impossible to get into, i would've thought more wisely about my choices!!
Reply 7
Falk-Egg was none of my choices, but the more I think about it the happier I get, just don't like the idea of now wash basin and 8 people to one bathroom which may not have a shower!! Im sure once Im there it will be fine.

Im studying Media and Commnication studies by the way!!
*~Amy~*

Im studying Media and Commnication studies by the way!!

Ah....so you'll be joining the Media Crew at the Union no? LCR? LSU TV etc etc?

Z :biggrin:
Reply 9
falk-egg is ok, its got a great social scene as you are all in small groups of srudents. the blocks are (or at least used to be) single sex, and on the whole are a little shabby, could do with a little renovation, compared to the other halls on campus. There is a large games room, and you are in quite a quiet area of campus.

It doesn't suit everyone, but Im sure you'll learn to love it!
Reply 10
kelamia
yeah i got my third choice too, except i didnt get an en suite but not too bothered. i wish i had known about telford being like impossible to get into, i would've thought more wisely about my choices!!

:ditto: :withstupi
Reply 11
Akira_Shinoda
Ah....so you'll be joining the Media Crew at the Union no? LCR? LSU TV etc etc?

Z :biggrin:

It would be fab to get involved in all of that yeah, just see what happens!
Reply 12
Dont no what everyones problem with falk-egg is! they won message to garcia (big campus waterfight and treasure hunt!).
The atmosphere in F.EGG is cool and there common room is well kitted out. I wudnt complain to be honest, theres nicer places, but there are much much worse!
Reply 13
*~Amy~*
Anyone else staying in these halls?! or anyone got any info on them, I've been given a place in them... so far Im not too impressed by what Ive heard though :frown:

hey, im goin falk egg as well, im doing engineering, see you there
Pravin
Reply 14
there might be people out there who got fancy accomodation, but remember this, we at falk-egg will be able to spend our money on other things too!
Reply 15
kelamia

Me too I put down telford thinking that most people would want catered and expecting to be sent there (with an en-suite) but i was told that it is where all the gap year, differed entry places are sent. But I am happy to be in faraday, sounds good. To be honest I reckon where-ever anyone ends up we are going to have an awesome time!
Reply 16
Just stayed in Falk-Egg last night for my re-take. THe rooms are basic, Nothing special, each block has 8(well the one i was in had) people in it, 3 on the bottom floor as well as bathrroom, middle floor kitchen and 2 rooms, top floor 3 rooms and bathroom/shower. Everything is very close together, so its probably very sociable within your quad.
Reply 17
iklemarc
Just stayed in Falk-Egg last night for my re-take. THe rooms are basic, Nothing special, each block has 8(well the one i was in had) people in it, 3 on the bottom floor as well as bathrroom, middle floor kitchen and 2 rooms, top floor 3 rooms and bathroom/shower. Everything is very close together, so its probably very sociable within your quad.

Exactly,
People who are well up for the university lifestyle learn to make do with what they've got. Wherever you live you'll make lots of new friends and have a great laugh. It will be one of the best years of your life.
At the end of the day it's just a room where, if you really want, all you need to go there to do is sleep, and if you're lucky in freshers week maybe you won't sleep in your own room much anyway! :wink:
funkymonkey
falk-egg is ok, its got a great social scene as you are all in small groups of srudents. the blocks are (or at least used to be) single sex, and on the whole are a little shabby, could do with a little renovation, compared to the other halls on campus. There is a large games room, and you are in quite a quiet area of campus.

It doesn't suit everyone, but Im sure you'll learn to love it!

thank you, well said. i was there last year, as i've already said, and tbh, it's awesome, and you will learn to love it, as long as you're not fussy. Also, i'll see many of you going into falk-egg in freshers week as i'm a freshers helper next year, if anyone has any questions, please feel free to add me to msn...

[email protected]
slmizon
Me too I put down telford thinking that most people would want catered and expecting to be sent there (with an en-suite) but i was told that it is where all the gap year, differed entry places are sent. But I am happy to be in faraday, sounds good. To be honest I reckon where-ever anyone ends up we are going to have an awesome time!

haha!! i know that feeling well. I put telford first last year, and ended in falk-egg, i was a bit iffy to start off with, but i didn't really care, as it turns out, i couldn'tve been happier.

Latest

Trending

Trending