The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Haha! This tread got really boring. I'm going to JBP! My mates were in it this year. Its great!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 41
Moonbeam1991
Dropped been and gone, unecessary comment...

I'm sure UNITE knowing both properties inside out would agree you are better off if it is between JBP and Concept, that Concept is more spacious, better priced and closer to the Uni and a better choice on every level. JBP is not bad its just Concept is better and cheaper... JBP v Lupton is different and I would balance the argument where possible, but personally would go JBP.

How many times, I do not have this crazy one sided Concept Place thing, it just makes 0 sense to choose JBP over Concept on any level that is all. If it was Concept v Opal 3 it would be different, or Concept v Sky Plaza or even Broadcasting Tower it would be totally different and better balanced.

Dude, seriously. You really don't know when to quit.
AbzS
Dude, seriously. You really don't know when to quit.

By rationally assessing in much detail and concluding JBP is good but Concept is better on every front, trying to help people get a better accomodation for them and your being ungrateful about damned well researched advice... I dropped it and 3 idiots reignited it once it had been and passed...
Reply 43
Moonbeam1991
By rationally assessing in much detail and concluding JBP is good but Concept is better on every front, trying to help people get a better accomodation for them and your being ungrateful about damned well researched advice... I dropped it and 3 idiots reignited it once it had been and passed...

If it's been dropped and blah, then don't reply. Just let us have a laugh at your expense :smile:
I'm not being ungrateful, it's like going to buy an LCD TV and someone's constantly in your face about buying a Plasma. When people say no, respect it and move on. You could have easily created a separated thread and given out advice there :smile:
AbzS
If it's been dropped and blah, then don't reply. Just let us have a laugh at your expense :smile:
I'm not being ungrateful, it's like going to buy an LCD TV and someone's constantly in your face about buying a Plasma. When people say no, respect it and move on. You could have easily created a separated thread and given out advice there :smile:

Well some people wanted my advice I got postive rep for some of this on here...

Its worth persisting to help someone, just because the immaturity and narrow minded views of others, who had opened a thread to already made up there mind, despite asking for assistance and advice.

Its not like that at all, since a Plasma costs more. Plasma's cost more and there is no logic in buying one over the new crystal LCD screens of the same size... thus it undermines your unrelated analogy. Im not a salesman im effectively moneysupermarket.com for Leeds Accomodation... Totally different, im not here to sell things im here to help students get the best deal and best accomodation for them.

The problem is potential students are highly emotive due to natural excitement they are not thinking straight, they are dreaming up where they will live and will not have any criticism of this picture perfect accomodation they have envisaged. Sadly they dont want to hear the truth right now, but I will deliver it in their best interests, because they could save some money and have a better time and be in a more conveniant location with a greater option of entertainment and local amneties.

I just think its mad when something better is offered in every single category and aspect and its cheaper... that an idiot would take the pricier option. Total moronic behaviour... more fool those.

I think if you dont want the help dont comment, if you dont like what you read ignore it, so those who do want the advice can take it and make a rational decision and the rest can go make an emotive decision.

I have never said Concept is the best accomodation in Leeds and I have never said JBP is the worst. I simply play properties off against each other and pro and con them with reference to the other, sadly JBP has no pro over Concept, but Concept has a fair few pro's over JBP. That is not my fault is it?

If JBP was £20 cheaper a week then it would be a balanced analysis and make more sense in those choosing it who want to save some money, yet Concept is the cheaper so i'm making people aware of snagging a better deal and a better accomodation.
Reply 45
My analogy... mate your head is stuck too far up your arse to see the point everyone else is making here too.
Just by looking at your negative rep we can gather that you're not such a good moneysupermarket.com
So, your credibility as an advice-giver is reduced to nothing here.

I can see you do politics, so you love to debate, which is probably why you love writing a load of tosh here.

There's some things such as "a good feeling" "social factors" about JBP or any other accommodation you just can't measure. You can measure things like costs and crap like that. You can't simply say "oh from people I have asked blah blah"

It's like you really do not get the message, you're still making points right now in your post. I'm not asking you to justify anything, I'm just telling you to pack it in, because the general consencus on this thread is for you to stop talking about Concept.
Which had occured and ended until personal snipes begun.

You cannot measure "a good feeling" but that is rather pathetic to say lets go live in a slum, because it has a "a good feeling" but it doesnt have a "better feeling" than the comparison in dispute.

So now you snipe that I study politics, my neg rep is due to neg bomb of a few for being realistic and honest with them, perhaps I should lie and tell them what they want to listen to, so they can dress up their fancy ideas. I had many positive reps that sadly did not carry the same weight of neg bombs. Im willing to be honest and some people do not like reality and the truth, they prefer fantasy this explains my negative rep.

It need not be a debate, Concept has been proven in my analysis on various factors to be better. It has the "good feeling" you talk of also. You can observe and come to some general findings, im not one to back measurable stats, observation and your angle on "feel good factor" is taken into account in my analysis and findings.

You quickly find social factors are less important as the year goes on at University... You begin to realise the big fuss for nothing on social factor reasons for choosing an accomodation. The University uses these "imagined" social pros to sell properties that cannot sell themselves the whole "feel good" is tripe im afraid. Majority of accomodations all have good equal social atmospheres. Only these designed to be more quiet are less intense social atmospheres and less outgoing.

Next year come back and tell me that social factors are still as important as you first thought, this is the mistake of the University fresher, a mistake many will make but a mistake that can be avoided from being made aware by those who have experienced this.

Latest