The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You don't request things, they ask you about your condition and then make recommendations based on your answers.
Reply 2
Grotbag
You don't request things, they ask you about your condition and then make recommendations based on your answers.

Ah I see. What sort of things do they request or is it different for every person as it is for every disability?
Reply 3
Every persons needs will be different, which is why they call you in for an assessment.
Like someone else has said, you don't ask, they have a really really long list of questions they go through and ask you about how you work and learn and what you have problems with.

From that they suggest things to help you compensate. If you're dyslexic that might well include study skills support, adaptive software like a screen reader, longer library loans, a printing allowance if you have to do extra printing, possibly a computer to use.
Reply 5
They will also allow you to try out equipment. I was given a dictaphone to play around with.
Whats the deal with EU students entering the uk for student with a disability? can we get assessed based on our needs?
Reply 7
spinandscribble
Whats the deal with EU students entering the uk for student with a disability? can we get assessed based on our needs?

DSA is only available to UK students.
does anyone know of a way for eu students to get support if its needed?
spinandscribble
does anyone know of a way for eu students to get support if its needed?

your own government?
hypocriticaljap
your own government?

yeah I was thinking about that but as far as i'm aware in Ireland the funding goes through the uni you attend and you don't apply as a individual. Having seen others from outside ireland avail of the services in my last uni I forgot the difference with the uk when compared to EUs.

Latest