The Student Room Group

Starting on Access at Derby Uni in September?

Hi, just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there waiting to hear from Derby Uni regarding the Access to HE Diploma course? If so, please get in touch as I would love to hear from anyone who I may be studying with and am a little daunted as it's been so long since I've been in a classroom lol! (I am 26) :smile: xxx
P.S. Still haven't heard anything :s-smilie: the wait is making me soooooo nervous! Argh!!!!! X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rufie1984
Hi, just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there waiting to hear from Derby Uni regarding the Access to HE Diploma course? If so, please get in touch as I would love to hear from anyone who I may be studying with and am a little daunted as it's been so long since I've been in a classroom lol! (I am 26) :smile: xxx
P.S. Still haven't heard anything :s-smilie: the wait is making me soooooo nervous! Argh!!!!! X

Hey :smile: I'm in the same boat as you, the waiting is torture! I asked that Val woman about when we'd know for sure we were accepted and she said to give her a ring end of may time, depending on when you applied. Only 17 more days to go :P X
Reply 2
Hey! :-) Only 15 days to go!! Lol!! When did you apply? What subjects have you chosen? I've picked Psychology, Sociology and Cultural Studies. Don't think I can wait much longer though :-S X
Reply 3
Hey, I'm starting the foundation joint honours in sept, I don't know if it's the same for access student's but I got a letter through the post with an unconditional offer.
Reply 4
I sent my application at the start of April :smile: She did actually say i'd get a letter in June, but that i could give her a call end of May for a wink and a nod if Im in. I really can't take anymore waiting! Keep thinking what if im Not in!! Well hopefully not too long to wait now :smile: Im doing the science route, Biology ( eeek!) with either Physics or Chemistry (double eeek!!), hoping to study for a Veterinary Nurse Degree afterwards, Whats your plans? X
Reply 5
Ive applied too! Still waiting!!! I sent off mine in April... Lana Ive chosen Bio and Chem too as double science
Reply 6
I sent mine off in April too :yep: Don't think I could cope with doing all the sciences!! :rolleyes: Although, I must say I'm under no illusion that they're all going to be difficult! I'm thinking of ringing them on Friday to see if they can tell me anything yet. What do you guys think? Or do you think I would be pushing it? X
P.S. It's reassuring to know we're all in the same boat! :smile:
Reply 7
leelou905
Hey, I'm starting the foundation joint honours in sept, I don't know if it's the same for access student's but I got a letter through the post with an unconditional offer.

Thanks for the info leelou905, but I think you guys get to know sooner as you have to apply for student finance etc. Congratulations though :woo: xxx
Reply 8
Yeah was thinking that might be the case! but thought it might help anyway and thank you :biggrin: I'm excited! What pathway are you taking for your access??
Reply 9
leelou905
Yeah was thinking that might be the case! but thought it might help anyway and thank you :biggrin: I'm excited! What pathway are you taking for your access??

I bet you are!!!! I'm just full of nerves at the min :eek: am so tempted to phone but keep telling myself that I might end up annoying them instead lol! :rolleyes:

Have applied to do the social science pathway (Psychology, sociology and cultural studies). Fingers crossed I get in :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: What are you going to be studying? xxx
Reply 10
OK... a friend who has also applied to Derby has told me that after ringing them last Thursday that there has a been a hold up with sending out interview letters or place offering letters. Apparently are being sent out this week... we'll see....
I sent off my application in February (not April as I wrote above), so was one of the first after those info evenings and still not heard :frown:
I just really want to get going with it!!

Congrats leelou on getting onto the foundation joint hons!

I rang them up in April asking if they had received my application form and also asked when the interviews are and the lady told me in June.

Im really tempted to ring them too!
Reply 11
Got my letter offering me a place this morning - :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that waiting was worth it - phew! Good luck, and hopefully I'll see you all in September :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: xxx
Reply 12
Just saw your reply and thought id check my post and received a letter as well :smile:

I'm in too!!!! Woop! yay for the both of us!! So relieved and hopefully all of you still waiting will hear soon enough. Good luck to you all. XxxX
Reply 13
Got a letter today too! and offered a place! Yay! :woo: :woo:
Congrats to you girls who got on too!!
Wow congratulations to all :smile: Look's like I should be seeing you lot around then, Btw I'm doing double Biology and chemisty going on to forensic science with criminology for my degree :biggrin: yayyyy!
Reply 15
Awesome, prob will see you around or maybe same classes if your doing Bio and Chem! Im hoping to go on to do dental hygiene/therapy after the access course :smile:
Reply 16
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: Congratulations Everyone! Hope you like my new signature!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I just couldn't help myself! Lol! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 17
P.S. As you can probably tell - I'm loving this guy -----> :woo:
Haha I like it. everyone's basking in glory :woo:
Reply 19
Hi guys,

I got confirmation recently. Will be doing Sociology, History and Cultural Studies. I can't wait!

Gratz to everyone!

Latest

Trending

Trending