The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1
milbrodt
Hey all
If anyone has any Qs about Manchester's lifestyle, nightlife and social life ask me. Ive been a student now for a whole year and i feel as though i know Manchester inside out
Fire Away recruits
Greg

Oh dear you are doing better than me, I have lived in Manchester since I was 5 and I don't know a thing about nightlife
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
yeah, where are good places to go on friday and saturday nights, like what nightclubs which play club music and new stuff? (ie. not indie or all that stuff)
How much does a typical night out cost?

How long did it take you to get used to the city, like learn where everything is?
Reply 3
Well it depends on the type of music your into and how long u can stay out on a night and of course whats close too you. I lived in Cambridge Halls South which belongs to MMU.
Mondays- The Fottage, Oxford Road £1 a drink, which all different types of music
Tuesdays- Club Trop, Manchester University Academy £1.50 and its gr8 for jst dancing
Wednesday- MMU Student Union £1 a pint of Diesel/Snake Bite. So i guess that answers ur Q whether its cheap or not!!!
Thursday- BEST NIGHT- Go to the footage for a few then move onto "The Pub", (thats what its actually called) after which you should get into "The Zoo" which is a club (who comes up with these names???)But get into the queue early to avoid disappointment. This night could be a little expensive
Friday-Im afraid student nights have finished for the week unless you go to Fallowfield which is where im living in sept yey! "The Bop" which is at Owens Park Haalls its amazing for a great night out but you honestly have to join the queue about 8;30 otherwise ur goin no where. Other alternatives include "The Queen of (Tarts) Hearts" over the road.
Saturday and Sunday- Go to the Cinema and dnt go into town because you will end up spending £5 on a drink.
Other places to go include Paparazzi, Tiger Tiger(Mondays), AND DONT FORGET CARNAGE I DID IT LAST YEAR AND OMG IT GOT MESSY!!! www.carnageuk.com :smile:
Reply 4
milbrodt

Tuesdays- Club Trop, Manchester University Academy £1.50 and its gr8 for jst dancing

Friday-Im afraid student nights have finished for the week unless you go to Fallowfield which is where im living in sept yey! "The Bop" which is at Owens Park Haalls its amazing for a great night out but you honestly have to join the queue about 8;30 otherwise ur goin no where. Other alternatives include "The Queen of (Tarts) Hearts" over the road.

and robinskis! i always had fun on a friday night in robbos. if the queue for op was long we just ended up going there.

i swear its £3.50 to get into club trop? oh well still hardly breaking the bank, and its a good night out! i only went once this year but i love it.

practically every place you mentioned is cheesy, lol. i like it. oh another place worth going is the AU on a wednesday night, a complete pit but an experience to be had. it used to be in piccadilly 21 but i do believe it has moved and im not sure about its future. ah that place was a total hole, i remember one night they switched the water off and i thought i was gonna die cause i couldnt get a drink of water. and the toilets werent working, urgh. oh and they always ran out of glasses, haha. oh but special memories, good times. the dj was appalling.
i've heard au is moving to the cellar bar in the union once its been refurb'd. also heard that it could be at the op bar. only rumours tho! 21s was cool!
Reply 6
lol sounds like great fun!

thanks for all the info though
Reply 7
Hey again guys
Yeah i forgot bout Picadilly 21 and Robos but i got kicked out of there cos this bar man who was off duty was looking at me wiv the evils and then i nearly got in a fight for no reason (not my fault thou)
Good and Happy memories thou!
Dont forget to steal the bouncers Kick-Kat at the end of the night lol

Latest