The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You're really willing to put your body through that? :lolwut: :sigh: :no: What happened to a healthy diet and exercise? :woo: How big are you OP?
It doesnt make you lose fat... you just lose the how do i put this? um. sh*t.
it can in fact make you GAIN weight- makes you starving, and send s your body into starvation mode. plus your body builds resistance to them, you have to take more and more... buggers up your colon, can give you cancer, plus an OD hurts like hell.
dont do it trust me. really doesnt work.

plus its called bulimia.
Reply 3
aren't laxatives prescription only anyway? :s-smilie:
Reply 4
theres nothing wrong with eating less and exercising
Reply 5
Yeah you'll lose weight, e.g. water, muscle, excrement. You won't lose fat, but then I guess that's what happens when you chase a number on the scales...
dam.p
aren't laxatives prescription only anyway? :s-smilie:

no. regulations are getting stricter thoguh- some pharmacies keep them behind the counter
My mum's friend was psychologically addicted to laxatives as a weight loss aid. She became very ill because she wasn't getting any nutrients from her food.

If you're THAT motivated that you'll eat laxatives to lose weight, then you're more than capable of motivating yourself to exercise a little bit of self control and eat properly whilst exercising.

Weightloss is not rocket science. It requires effort and patience - I pity anyone who can't muster up the effort to do something for themselves and rely on pills to do something that is physically possible without pills.
Reply 8
it could kill you, no jokes; puts huge stress on your body and from looking at your attitude, addiction. You need some help :frown: you shouldnt feel that you have to do that to your body to lose weight.
a healthy diet and exercise isn't working - i go running every day, i go circuit training once a week, i barely drink alcohol and other than that my diet is pretty clean, lots of fruit and veg etc. no difference - so it's time to get drastic. i realise it's an eating disorder, but it's easier to conduct at uni without my friends/parents finding out and stopping me. i need to be thin and i don't care how.

it's almost impossible to be anorexic at uni without people noticing, because meal times are where we all meet up so people would notice if i wasn't there or if i didn't eat anything.

bulimia [as in making yourself vomit] is horrible, i've tried it - it doesn't actually bring up the majority of what you've eaten, drinking salty water to make yourself throw up really burns, it also bruised my throat, and apparently it messes up your teeth and basically fries your digestive system with acid...

so laxatives?
yeah- it can give you heart attacks NOT WORTH IT...
... go for a half an hour walk a day
lose about a pound a week, risk free
OP I won't quote you but anon fail. :sigh: I honestly think you may need some professional help i.e counselling. :hugs:
lemon curry?!
a healthy diet and exercise isn't working - i go running every day, i go circuit training once a week, i barely drink alcohol and other than that my diet is pretty clean, lots of fruit and veg etc. no difference - so it's time to get drastic. i realise it's an eating disorder, but it's easier to conduct at uni without my friends/parents finding out and stopping me. i need to be thin and i don't care how.

it's almost impossible to be anorexic at uni without people noticing, because meal times are where we all meet up so people would notice if i wasn't there or if i didn't eat anything.

bulimia [as in making yourself vomit] is horrible, i've tried it - it doesn't actually bring up the majority of what you've eaten, drinking salty water to make yourself throw up really burns, it also bruised my throat, and apparently it messes up your teeth and basically fries your digestive system with acid...

so laxatives?

laxatives mess up your body as much as vomiting...they will not make you lose weight, with all sorts of horrible side effects. said it before, they will make you ill and worst of all GAIN WEIGHT
Reply 13
don't do it. i used to be bulimic and i would sometimes take laxatives. never more than what it said to take on the box, but sometimes everynight for weeks. i am terrified of the damage i've done to my body, i know one day it's going to come back and bite me on the ass. everytime i get a slight stomach ache it's the first thing my mind jumps too. even with all this fear, sometimes i am really tempted to take them again, just so i'll feel a bit better about myself. so not worth it. you can die the first time you take them, they're so bad for you.

plus, you lose nothing but water. no real weight loss. it's horrendous, painful, and doesn't work. please, don't do it!
Ilora-Danon
My mum's friend was psychologically addicted to laxatives as a weight loss aid. She became very ill because she wasn't getting any nutrients from her food.

If you're THAT motivated that you'll eat laxatives to lose weight, then you're more than capable of motivating yourself to exercise a little bit of self control and eat properly whilst exercising.

Weightloss is not rocket science. It requires effort and patience - I pity anyone who can't muster up the effort to do something for themselves and rely on pills to do something that is physically possible without pills.

you seem to be assuming that i'm too lazy to get off my ass and exercise - not the case. i have very strong willpower, but i can't physically do any more exercise than i'm doing at the moment and still have enough energy to do my uni work.
OP, how much do you weigh and how tall are you? :holmes:
Diet and exercise DOES WORK ffs. There's something very very wrong with what you're doing if you're eating a calorie deficit and not losing fat.

My guess is you're consuming too many calories and are simply 'maintaining' your weight. If you're eating a calorie deficit, you WILL lose fat - that's a fact.
oh boy, epic anon fail again. oh well!
Reply 18
lemon curry?!

so laxatives?

Well something's wrong here. What's your height and weight? Tell us your average daily diet and exercise regime.
Reply 19
if you don't mind me asking, how big are you actually? it sounds to me like you have an eating disorder, they make you feel and perceive yourself as fat when you're actually not, :/

Latest