The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
burrows161
Hellooo, i have a few questions for whoever might know.

Basically i do rock climbing at the minute through college and with friends and i was wondering if there was a society for rock climbing?
a group of people who go climbing?
does anyone else do any climbing on here?

Yes, and it's a very active society! Technically, it's called Mountaineering, but they just do climbing (if you want mountaineering join MPS Mountaineering; if you want hillwalking, join Rambling Society [Ramsoc]). They go to the climbing wall in Notts pretty much weekly and they go outdoors rather often as well, often to the Peak District, given the awesome gritstone for climbing there!

And of course, the university has a couple of climbing walls.

See http://www.unumc.org/ for more info :smile:

Just to note, MPS Mountaineering also do a lot of climbing, especially ice climbing in the Winter, as they go up to Scotland every few weeks pretty much :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you, and that sounds awesoume.

I go to the peak district a lot myself now as i live in sheffield and it is great for climbing.

All excited now lol
Reply 3
burrows161
Thank you, and that sounds awesoume.

I go to the peak district a lot myself now as i live in sheffield and it is great for climbing.

All excited now lol

Ugh lucky you - you have Climbing Works and The Edge - our indoor climbing centre appears feeble in comparison, but still some awesome routes in there, and plenty of bouldering <3
Reply 4
Cool, i mean i mainly go to the foundry in sheffield, because i top rope more than boulder.

But to be fair as long as there are good routes and they change regurarily i'm happy wherever.
Reply 5
oh and lead a lot aswell of course lol
Reply 6
Yeah, plenty of top roping :smile: Can't do any leading in there, but the top roping and bouldering routes do change regularly. Peaks for leading :p:
Reply 7
aha, of course :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending