The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
I don't mean to worry you but i think you'll find that your options for accommodation are quite limited now. If you look at the accommodation thread you'll get more details. But all of the accommodation at Nottingham is great and seeing as your guaranteed accommodation (presuming your undergraduate) you should be fine :smile:.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
i just went onto nottingham website and they have said UPDATE 30 APRIL 2010 FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY - We can no longer accept applications for University Park. There is still en-suite availability at Jubilee Campus. what do i do now? :frown:
Reply 3
panjabiflower
i just went onto nottingham website and they have said UPDATE 30 APRIL 2010 FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS ONLY - We can no longer accept applications for University Park. There is still en-suite availability at Jubilee Campus. what do i do now? :frown:

Either apply for en-suite on Jubilee, apply for off-campus accommodation (Broadgate Park is a couple of minutes from campus, very nice modern accommodation, but is self-catered; there are others too), or put in a late accommodation form when they become available for University Park and hope for the best (I don't recommend this option, because you'll be even more limited by this point).
Reply 4
DarkWhite
Either apply for en-suite on Jubilee, apply for off-campus accommodation (Broadgate Park is a couple of minutes from campus, very nice modern accommodation, but is self-catered; there are others too), or put in a late accommodation form when they become available for University Park and hope for the best (I don't recommend this option, because you'll be even more limited by this point).

can i apply for jubilee accommodation and complete a late accommodation form for uni park at same time?
Reply 5
panjabiflower
can i apply for jubilee accommodation and complete a late accommodation form for uni park at same time?

Not that I'm aware of. The point of the form is to make up a list of people to assign accommodation when it frees up, and is useful for those who apply through Extra, Clearing or by having Notts as their Insurance choice. If you have accommodation, you have accommodation. You could email Accommodation Services and ask, but I don't really see them letting you.
Reply 6
DarkWhite
Not that I'm aware of. The point of the form is to make up a list of people to assign accommodation when it frees up, and is useful for those who apply through Extra, Clearing or by having Notts as their Insurance choice. If you have accommodation, you have accommodation. You could email Accommodation Services and ask, but I don't really see them letting you.

do you know of any med students who live at jubilee?
Reply 7
panjabiflower
do you know of any med students who live at jubilee?

Yeah I do know a couple. I wouldn't worry about not having any fellow Medics near you - there's only 1 other Computer Scientist in my halls on UP lol
Reply 8
DarkWhite
Yeah I do know a couple. I wouldn't worry about not having any fellow Medics near you - there's only 1 other Computer Scientist in my halls on UP lol

i think i am going to put down jubilee as my first choice. Do you know after results day are there likely to be a few places going free at uni park? If so, could i then change my accommodation preference?
Reply 9
panjabiflower
i think i am going to put down jubilee as my first choice. Do you know after results day are there likely to be a few places going free at uni park? If so, could i then change my accommodation preference?

Places will free up after results day, because undoubtedly, some people won't meet their offer, but you won't be able to switch accommodation - they'll be giving it to people who submitted the late accommodation form, so people that get in through Clearing, Insurance offers etc. Well, you might be able to, but I really doubt you'd get priority..
DarkWhite
Places will free up after results day, because undoubtedly, some people won't meet their offer, but you won't be able to switch accommodation - they'll be giving it to people who submitted the late accommodation form, so people that get in through Clearing, Insurance offers etc. Well, you might be able to, but I really doubt you'd get priority..

do you know anything about broadgate accommodation?
panjabiflower
do you know anything about broadgate accommodation?

Yeah, it's really nice and modern inside, self-catered and BGP itself is a couple of minutes off-campus, about 5 minutes from the West Entrance Hopper Bus stop to get to Jubilee, SB etc. They have all the reps for nights out, and the JCRs like campus halls, and plenty of facilities. They're closer to Beeston as well, which is a bonus.
DarkWhite
Yeah, it's really nice and modern inside, self-catered and BGP itself is a couple of minutes off-campus, about 5 minutes from the West Entrance Hopper Bus stop to get to Jubilee, SB etc. They have all the reps for nights out, and the JCRs like campus halls, and plenty of facilities. They're closer to Beeston as well, which is a bonus.

for broadgate there is only ensuite studio left- do you anything about this? :s-smilie:
panjabiflower
for broadgate there is only ensuite studio left- do you anything about this? :s-smilie:

There's a 360degree tour here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/_broadgate_park/en-suite_studio.html :smile:

i get the feeling i may feel a little isolated lol
i am unsure about whether to go for jubilee (newark) ensuite or broadgate ensuite studio?
is jubilee campus about a 10mins walk to qmc?
panjabiflower
is jubilee campus about a 10mins walk to qmc?

It's about 15 minutes, but yeah, it's not far :smile:
Reply 17
riverside point or st peters court?
any notts trent or notts uni students need a flat startin september 2010 - TWO rooms goin living with FOUR student nurses... £90 a week all bills included!! lounge, 3/4beds, good sized bedrooms, 2shared bathrooms, kitchen and close to city centre! please let me no asap!!! please please pleeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending