The Student Room Group

immigration

Ok not a huge politics fan or anything but just something i discussed today...ok so certain nationalist parties and tories propose to ban immigration? im all for spreading jobs and equality for residents of the country but seriously, i dont think anyone born here truly wants to do some of the jobs an *immigrant* is willing to do. Lot of them pay taxes and keep the smaller end of the country going. Hard Laboured and less wealthier jobs need to be filled? i mean half of us going to uni are not going to wanna be cleaners or hotel attendants ? the little things make the big things go round yeah?...... Lot of the immigrants from europe....its a two way thing for us to venture out....student experiences government funds... seriously dont think immigration is a HUGE thing alot of its hidden jealousy ? ....discuss
Reply 1
People tend to start out in a "******" job and move up within that shop/sector.

Cashier > Supervisor > (usually put entirely in charge of an area of a shop e.g. bakers, stock etc > Manager

Immigrants currently stop British people from even getting a cashier or "stock replenishment" job.
I don't think Tories want to ban it they just want a cap.
Reply 3
IGX_RSV2
People tend to start out in a "******" job and move up within that shop/sector.

Cashier > Supervisor > (usually put entirely in charge of an area of a shop e.g. bakers, stock etc > Manager

Immigrants currently stop British people from even getting a cashier or "stock replenishment" job.

Or could it be that British people aren't willing to do these jobs?
Reply 4
Are you gonna clean my loo...i wont employ a polish who would and is fair happy with the job :smile: <<< thats my point lol
Reply 5
bigmo7
Or could it be that British people aren't willing to do these jobs?

Really? There seems to be plenty of British people applying at my mums workplace :smile:
Reply 6
Its not that there is a genuine problem with immigration, its more the need for a a centre point of contempt, where we can focus all of the **** ups in our own lives and take it out on those who are just trying to make a living. I wager that the majority of Brits would not have the balls to travel to a strange country and start a new life.

I also wager some idiot is going to neg the **** out of me for that.
Reply 7
i don't think that it's really a question of whether immigrants benefit britain or not (although personally i beleive they do-look at the NHS) it's a question of where else can they go? the answer in most cases is nowhere. i have met people from all over the world who have escaped their home country under horrendous circumstances and the people who think that they are just "coming over here and taking all our jobs" are ignorant and don't realise what most of these people have been through. it is our duty as an economically developed country to welcome these people and to let them make a living to support themselves and their wider families back home. it's disgusting that people like Nick Griffin would ban immigration given half the chance.

Latest