The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Work experience will certainly improve your chances, but it's not necessary. If you have good exam results, good references and a personal statement that shows you have a keen interest in the subject (and prove it in interview if necessary), you'll stand a good change of obtaining offers without work experience.
Reply 2
I didn't do any and neither did the only other person i know who applied for engineering.
We did however do the Engineering Education Scheme together and I did Headstart.
We both got into Imperial :dontknow:
Smeh
I didn't do any and neither did the only other person i know who applied for engineering.
We did however do the Engineering Education Scheme together and I did Headstart.

Ooooooh! :camp:

This is mine :ahee:
Reply 4
+ polarity -
Ooooooh! :camp:

This is mine :ahee:

:eviltongue:
...I like saying it :mmm:
Reply 5
ShaqZigWINNER64
Work experience will certainly improve your chances, but it's not necessary. If you have good exam results, good references and a personal statement that shows you have a keen interest in the subject (and prove it in interview if necessary), you'll stand a good change of obtaining offers without work experience.

Thank you so much! I've been worrying about it, as I don't have any work experience and don't know how to get them.
Reply 6
Smeh

Thanks for your reply!
Reply 7
You won't even get looked at without experience. Or you will find it very tough for someone to give you an oppourtunity, it all depends on how determined you are.

The problem with engineering is experienced people want to protect their own jobs so they don't actually help others out, they seem to limit themselves to helping.

Graduate role or an apprenticeship is a great help.

I went straight into a Engineering role and learn that there was so much more to engineering than just what I had picked up in my degree. It's taken me a year to fully adjust myself into my position and only now I am beginning to get into my stride. Be ready for a whole life long experience of university as the studying doesn't stop. GRRRrrr lol
Reply 8
CAxEngineer
You won't even get looked at without experience. Or you will find it very tough for someone to give you an oppourtunity, it all depends on how determined you are.

The problem with engineering is experienced people want to protect their own jobs so they don't actually help others out, they seem to limit themselves to helping.

Graduate role or an apprenticeship is a great help.

I went straight into a Engineering role and learn that there was so much more to engineering than just what I had picked up in my degree. It's taken me a year to fully adjust myself into my position and only now I am beginning to get into my stride. Be ready for a whole life long experience of university as the studying doesn't stop. GRRRrrr lol

...I think they're just talking about getting onto a degree course :smile:
Reply 9
LOL good rant wrong location then.
Reply 10
Smeh
...I think they're just talking about getting onto a degree course :smile:

yes, I was asking only about getting onto a degree course :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending