The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
[QUOTE="SirMasterKey"]

Yep that is one. There are 2 other's in Edexcel's book for the course

'How popular was the Nazi Regime in the years 1933-1939?'

and

'How effectively did the Nazi State operate from 1933-1939?'

as well as the German responsibility for WW1 one.

Isn't the Nazi one taught as a whole and questions can come up on both efficiency and popularity?
Reply 41
[QUOTE="257532"]
mhuss

I'm actually a bit confused about the controversies. Is one whether Germany was responsible for the First World War? Are there only 2, because I know we aren't doing that one? Are you doing them both?

we are doing both but my teacher has decided to do only one next year as we are desperately running out of time??
What are you doing at uni and which uni?
BODisGOD

is one question is going to be on nazi Germany and one question on causes of ww1?

No idea, sorry I'll be finding out in the exam :rolleyes:

mhuss

Isn't the Nazi one taught as a whole and questions can come up on both efficiency and popularity?

I think so but in the book there are two chapters on it so can't be too sure.
Reply 43
what text books are you all using?
Charrp
what text books are you all using?

Not the official Edexcel one that's for sure. I've been using a few. Steve Eddy and Tony Lancaster's book on Germany is really good, as are the Short Oxford Histories of "Imperial Germany" and "Weimar Germany".
Reply 45
davedave4619
Not the official Edexcel one that's for sure. I've been using a few. Steve Eddy and Tony Lancaster's book on Germany is really good, as are the Short Oxford Histories of "Imperial Germany" and "Weimar Germany".

we've been using the two edexcel ones and the hite and hinton weimar and nazi germany... what's wrong with the course textbooks in your opinion?
Reply 46
On there will be two section a questions to choose from, Section b- there will be an option of conroversy

I am using Years of Weimar. the Third Reich and post war Germany but in class we are using the edexcel one!!
Charrp
we've been using the two edexcel ones and the hite and hinton weimar and nazi germany... what's wrong with the course textbooks in your opinion?

My teacher spotted two errors in the textbook already. And I personally don't think many of the topics are covered in enough detail for those aiming for high A grades. Wouldn't you agree?
davedave4619
My teacher spotted two errors in the textbook already. And I personally don't think many of the topics are covered in enough detail for those aiming for high A grades. Wouldn't you agree?

serious? i thought the book had loads of irrelevant information which wasnt required for the exam...
Reply 49
davedave4619

would you like to inform us of these errors?
i agree about the too much info.. i have three textbooks and seeing as one of the questions is sources....
also, it's a lottery of grades anyway seeing as they've never set the exam before!
i'm really scared now!
how many points have you guys been told to make per essay?
Reply 50
mhuss

we are doing both but my teacher has decided to do only one next year as we are desperately running out of time??
What are you doing at uni and which uni?

Yeah there is a lot of infomation, and we're just finishing covering it so another chapter would be pushing it for time! But it's a good idea to do both, I'd much rather have the choice in the exam.
Oh I haven't applied for uni this year if that's to me (the quotes are all going funny and it's a bit confusing sorry!:smile: )
Reply 51
qwertyuiop09
serious? i thought the book had loads of irrelevant information which wasnt required for the exam...

Me too! And I don't know about not having enough information for getting a high A but I don't find it that easy to understand. It's so wordy and sometimes hard to find what's important.

I've got the Hite and Hinton one at home too and it helps with the understanding as I find things are explained really well in there.
Reply 52
I am just scared the marking will be funny because it is the first time- either they will be really generous or really harsh!!
Reply 53
mhuss
I am just scared the marking will be funny because it is the first time- either they will be really generous or really harsh!!

mm i feel the same! my friend had this trouble on her retake in jan.. she got a U and when we got it remarked it went up to a b! history is just so objective..
what have you guys all be advised about essay structure/how many points to make?
Reply 54
[QUOTE="257532"]
mhuss

Yeah there is a lot of infomation, and we're just finishing covering it so another chapter would be pushing it for time! But it's a good idea to do both, I'd much rather have the choice in the exam.
Oh I haven't applied for uni this year if that's to me (the quotes are all going funny and it's a bit confusing sorry!:smile: )

what is everyone talking about when they say do them both?! are there two distinct ones that always come up?
we've just been learning everything?
Reply 55
Charrp

what is everyone talking about when they say do them both?! are there two distinct ones that always come up?
we've just been learning everything?

For section B I think there are two controversies and there will be a question on each one. So if you do both you can choose.
Reply 56
For section B I think there are two controversies and there will be a question on each one. So if you do both you can choose.

what are these two controversies?
i thought it could be on anything?
Reply 57
Charrp
what are these two controversies?
i thought it could be on anything?

I just double checked to make sure and this is from the specification.

Associated controversies
a) To what extent was Germany responsible for the outbreak of the
First World War?
b) How popular and efficient was the Nazi regime in the years
1933-39?

For example within the 2nd controversy it could be on any controversies within that unit. So it could be whether Hitler was a weak dictator, whether the Nazi Party ruled by terror or consent etc.
Reply 58
I just double checked to make sure and this is from the specification.

Associated controversies
a) To what extent was Germany responsible for the outbreak of the
First World War?
b) How popular and efficient was the Nazi regime in the years
1933-39?

For example within the 2nd controversy it could be on any controversies within that unit. So it could be whether Hitler was a weak dictator, whether the Nazi Party ruled by terror or consent etc.

so question b won't be about weimar?
Charrp
so question b won't be about weimar?

Yeah. Weimar could only come up in Part A, though it doesn't have to. Part B will definetly be about the Nazis 1933-39.

Latest

Trending

Trending