Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Football League Thread

Announcements Posted on
Get involved in Football Predictions and you could bag yourself up to £15 a week! 28-01-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    We've got pitch covers at St James Park, and even then that was bought using some sort of fan raised fund through the trust, rather than the club itself, so undersoil heating is way out of our league. We seem to be having a few backroom issues at the moment, the one of the members of the board of the supporters trust (which is the majority shareholder) has managed to fall out with everyone on the board of the club itself, due to a football site he runs, and the fact that he's trying to throw his weight around a bit, can't see that it will mean anything in the long run, but it does highlight an issue with Fan owned clubs, if the club ever needed to dip into the reserve fund there could be problems if neither of the boards are actually speaking to each other.
  2. Online

ReputationRep:
    huzzah.

Beckford and Danns sent off and losing 1-0. Today has been an incredibly crap day.
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    huzzah.

Beckford and Danns sent off and losing 1-0. Today has been an incredibly crap day.
    You were unlucky today to be fair. We didn't play very well even with 11 vs 10, once we got the goal it was kind of all over, the game as a whole was fairly even. Plus the fact you actually finished with only 8 men on the pitch. The fans kept going all game though!
  4. Online

Sheffield Wednesday up to second after Huddersfield dropped points against MK Dons.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Stevenage do the double over Sheffield Wednesday with a 1-0 win at Hillsborough nicely complimenting our 5-1 win at home last September. This gives us an all-time record over Sheffield clubs of three played, three won, with an aggregate score of 8-2.

Now we just need to beat Sheffield United at Bramall Lane in April and we'll have completed a very unexpected quadruple. That also means that, providing we win our games in hand, we should be up to 4th in the league, and it'll be 3rd if we win our upcoming game against Huddersfield Town. Suddenly, automatic promotion is a real possibility, not so bad for the rank outsiders back in August!

But the league campaign is to take the backfoot for a week now, as we host Tottenham Hotspur in the last sixteen of the FA Cup on Saturday! Tickets went like gold dust (the armchairs always come out of the woodwork for games like this) but, thanks to my membership in the Supporters' Association, I got my ticket with no bother.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Up the football league we go
    wemberleyyyy
  7. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseroserose.)
    wemberleyyyy

:shh:
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:

:shh:
    :hand:
  9. Online

ReputationRep:
    aaah, but he cheated and moved it forward 5 yards - wouldn't have happened if the ref had paid attention. :mad:
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    aaah, but he cheated and moved it forward 5 yards - wouldn't have happened if the ref had paid attention. :mad:
    I don't recall
    Never mind, there was always the second leg to get it back.. oh wait

11. Online

ReputationRep:
    I don't recall
    Never mind, there was always the second leg to get it back.. oh wait

Kermorgant was decent. :yep:

edit: Oh and we did get it back - if it weren't for the FA not including away goals - we'd have won.

Damn these straws feel nice.
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    wemberleyyyy
    Where you sitting?
    Best moment ever almost a year ago for me when Obafemi Martins scored that screamer against the gooners.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Where you sitting?
    Best moment ever almost a year ago for me when Obafemi Martins scored that screamer against the gooners.
    I don't know. I've been 3 times, lost twice on the same side of the stadium :rolleyes: so hopefully the other end!
    Ahh, a Birmingham fan?
    is mine
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:

Damn these straws feel nice.
    :lol: playoffs this season dyou reckon?
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I can see into the future...

Spoiler:
    Show
  16. Online

ReputationRep:
    :lol: playoffs this season dyou reckon?
    nah. Far too inconsistent.

Don't think we've won back to back league games in about a year now (since the 2-0 defeat v youse lot last Feb), and we really need to hit a sustained run of form to get ourselves in there.

Still, at least Florist and Cov are dooooooooooooomed.
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    I can see into the future...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Look at the top 3 of League 1 though, they all went down and look like coming back up pretty quickly
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    nah. Far too inconsistent.

Don't think we've won back to back league games in about a year now (since the 2-0 defeat v youse lot last Feb), and we really need to hit a sustained run of form to get ourselves in there.

Still, at least Florist and Cov are dooooooooooooomed.
    fair do's.

I used to go out with a Forest fan, we bonded over getting done over by Blackpool :rolleyes: although i hated forest cos they kept trying to buy all our players.
    i didn't realise they were so low in the league! mad that that's happened in 2 seasons :confused:
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. I've been 3 times, lost twice on the same side of the stadium :rolleyes: so hopefully the other end!
    Ahh, a Birmingham fan?
    is mine
    Been 1 won 1 at Wembley, 100% record
    Same can't be said for Millennium Stadium though, only a 50% win record there.

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a very interesting end to the season coming up. I think we need to get some emergency loans in to keep our push for automatic going. If not we're screwed, and if it comes to play offs we'd have played a lot of games!
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Been 1 won 1 at Wembley, 100% record
    Same can't be said for Millennium Stadium though, only a 50% win record there.

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a very interesting end to the season coming up. I think we need to get some emergency loans in to keep our push for automatic going. If not we're screwed, and if it comes to play offs we'd have played a lot of games!
    I know, where did you lot come from !? Although the guy on SSN said it wasn't a great game to watch tonight?

Same with us I think. We got Harris from Newcastle but defensively I'm not convinced. We were never the same after someone nicked RJ off us :rolleyes:
Updated: January 22, 2014
New on TSR

Watching anything good at the moment?

Chat about the best TV shows here

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.