The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Looks like there's a chance I'll be near a Conference ground next season, as Barnet seem to be slipping down the table.
Is Russell Slade still in charge at Yeovil?

I have no idea how they've not been relegated from L1 yet, somehow survive every season. :dontknow:
Original post by barnetlad
Ask any West Brom or Norwich fan, or read what Brian Clough thought of him, and you wouldn't want him as your manager. Not as bad as the sacking of Lee Clark.

Didn't say I'd like him as manager. And if he got appointed manager of Birmingham I'd be gutted. But he didn't deserve to be sacked for the job he was doing.
Original post by barnetlad
Ask any West Brom or Norwich fan, or read what Brian Clough thought of him, and you wouldn't want him as your manager. Not as bad as the sacking of Lee Clark.

What did Brian Clough say about him? :holmes:

I've had a look but can only find quotes slagging him off as a player, but never as a manager.
I'm actually going to be able to watch the MK Dons match today, happen to be in the UK for an interview. :smile:
Original post by alex_hk90
I'm actually going to be able to watch the MK Dons match today, happen to be in the UK for an interview. :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by ipswichblade
Maybe for now. But it will be the other way round come May. :biggrin:

Did you enjoy? I was thankfully at a family meal down near Brighton so didn't even get commentary of the game. I had a bet on Wednesday to win so that was nice lol! A big game is the game that we always mess up in....I knew we would lose by the odd goal! :rolleyes:

Such a shame we lowered ourselves to hoof the ball instead of playing the nice passing football we have been. Although, to be fair, it was expected when playing against a team that like the ball in the air so much! We should have come out second half and taken them on playing our own game but too late to worry about now. I am afraid with not living in Sheffield/Yorkshire, the derby games don't affect me as much as they should. I am like, yep, it was disappointing but lets move on and carry on in 2nd place with a win tonight. Let Wednesday have the 4 points and 3rd spot! :biggrin:

Getting more interesting now, can't believe you lost to Walsall.
Original post by alex_hk90

Well, Exeter have decided that they need no left back looking at the squad today :confused:. Can't see us putting up too much resistance.
Original post by scriggy
What did Brian Clough say about him? :holmes:

I've had a look but can only find quotes slagging him off as a player, but never as a manager.

Brian Clough slagged him off as a player.
Original post by joelburr
Well, Exeter have decided that they need no left back looking at the squad today :confused:. Can't see us putting up too much resistance.

You were quite unlucky with the deflected goals but you were right in that there wasn't really much resistance (though again unlucky at the end when one of your players got injured and you'd used all your subs). Good win for us though! :smile:
Still as tight as ever in League 1 with both Sheffield United and Wednesday winning today, but Huddersfield dropped more points. Another surprise defeat for Charlton but I am sure they'll still go up.
Lallana for England.
Original post by Rock Fan
Still as tight as ever in League 1 with both Sheffield United and Wednesday winning today, but Huddersfield dropped more points. Another surprise defeat for Charlton but I am sure they'll still go up.

Yep, Charlton will still go up. Our performance at Brentford was a good one (a rare away match for me) and at a place where the home team haven't been beaten since last November!
Original post by Rock Fan
Getting more interesting now, can't believe you lost to Walsall.

We had the whole back 4 out and 2 loan players started the game, who has just joined us earlier that day. Was obviously going to be a defeat for me. Any team that has a regular back 4 but for 1 game has none of those 4 players available will struggle.
Reply 6854
ffs birmingham, f***ing lose to leicester
In fairness, we were much better than you, well deserved win. Incredibly soft penalty for youse to start off with though.

6 points off the play-offs, I can't help but wonder where'd we'd be if we didn't throw so many games away.
Original post by marcusmerehay
Is Russell Slade still in charge at Yeovil?

I have no idea how they've not been relegated from L1 yet, somehow survive every season. :dontknow:

Gary Johnson's back in charge now, time for promotion!

I honestly have no idea how we keep staying up, but we're 9 points clear of relegation at the moment :biggrin:
Good results for Blackpool today to finish in the play off's.

UTP!
Original post by Alofleicester
In fairness, we were much better than you, well deserved win. Incredibly soft penalty for youse to start off with though.

6 points off the play-offs, I can't help but wonder where'd we'd be if we didn't throw so many games away.

Every club in every league can say what if this or that didn't happen though :wink:

We've really missed Murphy since his hip injury. Having to change our defence around has ruined us. I trust Hughton to sort out this poor run of form out like he did at the start of the season though. I want to finish 4th so we get the 2nd playoff leg at home but really don't mind.

Latest