The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6860
Original post by Alofleicester
In fairness, we were much better than you, well deserved win. Incredibly soft penalty for youse to start off with though.

6 points off the play-offs, I can't help but wonder where'd we'd be if we didn't throw so many games away.

ur still crap
Reply 6861
Now unbeaten in 5 and ended Reading's winning streak. I'll take that.
Our centre back Danny Coles has fractured his spine in a collision with the keeper in training, and is out for the rest of the season at the very least. Horrific injury for one of our most solid players. We don't seem to be getting too much luck this year. League two, here we come.
I'm still reeling at Barry Robson's sending off on the weekend. Seriously reduced boros chances of staying top 6.
I haven't been on TSR for ages, but we're in bad shape..Leeds away next
Original post by DJB_1990
Now unbeaten in 5 and ended Reading's winning streak. I'll take that.

Was unlucky today against Derby, really hope Donny stay up!
2nd spot in League 1 is going to go down to the last game I think! Eeek!
Since moving to uni, I've barely seen Cardiff play. Can anyone give me any updates?
Original post by Welsh Leprecaun
Since moving to uni, I've barely seen Cardiff play. Can anyone give me any updates?

I'll let you know Sunday. Another must win for Birmingham :wink:
Ahhh, I can die happy
Original post by Tricky_Tree
Ahhh, I can die happy

as much as I dislike Forest (I assume by your username & location that's who you support?), you've done us a huge favour by beating Leeds so heavily and any thrashing a Colin team receives is always good.
The night after Collymore says they will win the playoffs lol.

Birmingham screwed up but thankfully the others didn't take much of an advantage so we've got away with it.

Whats the likelihood of pompey folding now then?
Very interesting Championship results today...

Leeds... :lol:
Original post by Alofleicester
as much as I dislike Forest (I assume by your username & location that's who you support?), you've done us a huge favour by beating Leeds so heavily and any thrashing a Colin team receives is always good.

You are correct in your assumption, join me in the following song...

'We all hate Leeds scum!'
Reply 6874
Can't wait to see the back of this league. We really are ****.
Original post by Tricky_Tree
You are correct in your assumption, join me in the following song...

'We all hate Leeds scum!'

Indeed. Amazing result for you guys!

Just how I felt last season...I knew we were down around Christmas time with the way things were going. Hopefully you will do what we are (hopefully) doing and go back up ASAP!

As for the League 1 results last night, really didn't see those coming. Thought we would struggle at County especially after they got beat at the weekend against Wednesday. We were 0-4 up at half time! :eek: Great result and nice that Walsall did us a favour by holding Wednesday to a draw as well. :biggrin:
Reply 6877
I drove up to Swindon for our (Torquay) game against them last night. Due to living in London for the past couple of years, I haven't been able to watch Torquay as often as I would have liked to, but what I saw last night was our worst performance I have seen for years. We started off OK, but once they got their first goal (diabolical defending from a corner), you could just feel the life go out the team. We never looked like scoring, looked even worse after they got their second (another instance of atrocious defending from a corner), and we were lucky to only concede two.

Onwards and upwards though, our run in isn't all that bad, and I still think we're odds-on to finish in the top 3.

Exeter City for relegation from League One by the way :P
Reply 6878
Original post by ipswichblade
Just how I felt last season...I knew we were down around Christmas time with the way things were going. Hopefully you will do what we are (hopefully) doing and go back up ASAP!

As for the League 1 results last night, really didn't see those coming. Thought we would struggle at County especially after they got beat at the weekend against Wednesday. We were 0-4 up at half time! :eek: Great result and nice that Walsall did us a favour by holding Wednesday to a draw as well. :biggrin:

Results went completely tits up for us yesterday.. I was so confident as well. However, the faith is there! I still believe we will go up automatically..

You're still in with a chance, cut out the despondency!
If pompey can do us 4-1 I'm sure you can get 3 points off us :wink:

Latest