The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
It might do them some good. They've been in mid table mediocrity for so long, at least relegation gives them a chance to clear out the deadwood and rebuild. Don't know what their financial/ownership situation is like these days but they could finally sort that out too.

Leicester fans are in no position to wum though :holmes:

Absolute mess!! Coming from a Coventry fan!
Original post by Alofleicester
Didn't quite work, but was about as successful as your attempts to avoid returning to where you belong. Cheers for asking.

We were favourite to go down. You're favourite to go up at the start of the season. So you've dissapointed!
Didn't quite work, but was about as successful as your attempts to avoid returning to where you belong. Cheers for asking.

Its our second relegation in 40 odd years
Original post by Stringer987
We were favourite to go down. You're favourite to go up at the start of the season. So you've dissapointed!

Its our second relegation in 40 odd years

So the season hasn't gone quite as well as we'd hoped - at least there's not a trip to the Echo where we can play spot the fan (Out of interest - D'ya go dressed as empty seats?)

So, London buses? League two should be fun for you, you might actually win a game.
So the season hasn't gone quite as well as we'd hoped - at least there's not a trip to the Echo where we can play spot the fan (Out of interest - D'ya go dressed as empty seats?)

So, London buses? League two should be fun for you, you might actually win a game.

Remind me how was it when you got relegated? How was Sven as your manager again?
Original post by Stringer987
Remind me how was it when you got relegated? How was Sven as your manager again?

Can't say the actual moment was all that great, but league one was just brilliant.

He was quite good, couple of iffy results but overall did a decent enough job and perhaps should have had more time.
Any Reading fans on here?

Unbelievable run of form post christmas, yet again! So glad I don't have to go to Wembley to get upset though! Really hopeful, with the new ownership, that we are going to stay in the Premiership for longer than two seasons this time.

URZ!!!
Reading's form was been sensational, they deserved to go up.
Reply 6948
Well we were due a win and a few favourable decisions haha.
Original post by alex_hk90
MK Dons 1 Sheffield Utd 0. :biggrin: I heard the second half on the radio and it sounded like a hard-fought, moral-boosting win for us, especially as we were down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes or so. Hopefully we can carry this form into the playoffs.

Shouldn't have lost the game. The first half was awful though - players clearly affected by the previous days events. Hate to admit this and bring it up but it was clear to see. 6135 Blades fans were let down by the lads in the first half. However, much better second half and should have made it 1-1. Awful home support as expected and great away support - as expected. Didn't think much to the stadium - with it being not finished and I don't like the new stadiums anyway! Good luck in the play offs though.
Original post by Rock Fan
Wow another twist in the League one Promotion race. Sheffield United looked rubbish today, Wednesday very nearly blew it against Carlisle but got a very late goal.

This was nailed on to happen - after the previous days events. Carlisle were always going to struggle to get anything at Hillsborough and we were away at a good side with the players affected by everything that had happened. Sad but true. BUT...in our own hands. Not sure that Wednesday will win at Brentford and if they don't, promotion could be sorted next Saturday evening with a win against Stevenage. Come on Blades, lets show everyone we can do it. We need 2 wins and we can definitely get them. What people must remember - almost every time we have lost this season, Wilson has got the lads to bounce back and bounce back well.
Original post by ipswichblade
Shouldn't have lost the game. The first half was awful though - players clearly affected by the previous days events. Hate to admit this and bring it up but it was clear to see. 6135 Blades fans were let down by the lads in the first half. However, much better second half and should have made it 1-1. Awful home support as expected and great away support - as expected. Didn't think much to the stadium - with it being not finished and I don't like the new stadiums anyway! Good luck in the play offs though.

I kind of agree about the stadium - it should be better when it's completed though. And regarding our support, it's because as a new club our supporters tend to be much younger and many more families than the traditional hardcore football fans. Perhaps after a generation or so we'll develop those but at the moment they are a very small minority. And thanks - we have a terrible record in the playoffs, never getting past the semi-finals. :sigh:
I kind of agree about the stadium - it should be better when it's completed though. And regarding our support, it's because as a new club our supporters tend to be much younger and many more families than the traditional hardcore football fans. Perhaps after a generation or so we'll develop those but at the moment they are a very small minority. And thanks - we have a terrible record in the playoffs, never getting past the semi-finals. :sigh:

Yep. To see home fans getting into their cars after the game and in their cars they had Arsenal stickers in was interesting!
If it makes you feel better - we have a terrible record in the play offs...we get to the final but then lose without even scoring 1 goal! :eek::rolleyes:
Yep. To see home fans getting into their cars after the game and in their cars they had Arsenal stickers in was interesting!

Yeah, a lot of people from MK have moved out from London so they'll also support other teams. In fact, I also support Arsenal because my dad's family used to live in North London before moving to MK.

If it makes you feel better - we have a terrible record in the play offs...we get to the final but then lose without even scoring 1 goal! :eek::rolleyes:

:console:
Shef Weds last minute winner made my accumulator come in. Thanks Wednesday.
Yeah, a lot of people from MK have moved out from London so they'll also support other teams. In fact, I also support Arsenal because my dad's family used to live in North London before moving to MK.

Yep, thought so.

Really don't want the play offs! Come on Brentford! :colondollar:
Yep, thought so.

Really don't want the play offs! Come on Brentford! :colondollar:

If that's the case you probably could've done with Brentford beating Stevenage yesterday, they're effectively out of the play-off race and have little to play for now, whereas it would've been huge for them otherwise.

It's exactly the same in Stevenage, because we're both New Town's everyone moved over already fans of various London clubs, so gaining a committed fanbase has been a struggle: there's little more annoying than seeing people wearing Arsenal or Spurs kits at Stevenage games.
Reply 6957
I thought we were absolutely done for in the automatic promotion race.. Until yesterday.

So so excited about the next two games - Blades, your good run may be up, and I can't wait!

Worst case scenario is the playoffs, which is obviously not ideal but to be fair, we've got a decent playoff history. But, we shall see. Knowing our luck.. We'll lose in the semi-s to 6th place. *Sigh*
Original post by cloop
I thought we were absolutely done for in the automatic promotion race.. Until yesterday.

So so excited about the next two games - Blades, your good run may be up, and I can't wait!

Worst case scenario is the playoffs, which is obviously not ideal but to be fair, we've got a decent playoff history. But, we shall see. Knowing our luck.. We'll lose in the semi-s to 6th place. *Sigh*

You will win the play offs if we get 2nd trust me!

In our hands still and would have taken this situation at the start of the season. Obvious that we were going to lose yesterday after recent events and the fact that MK Dons are a good side.
Original post by Introvert2020
If that's the case you probably could've done with Brentford beating Stevenage yesterday, they're effectively out of the play-off race and have little to play for now, whereas it would've been huge for them otherwise.

It's exactly the same in Stevenage, because we're both New Town's everyone moved over already fans of various London clubs, so gaining a committed fanbase has been a struggle: there's little more annoying than seeing people wearing Arsenal or Spurs kits at Stevenage games.

They may be more relaxed now though...no pressure on them to get anything at all from anyone including their own fans. We will see.

Latest