Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Football League Thread

Announcements Posted on
Get involved in Football Predictions and you could bag yourself up to £15 a week! 28-01-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    I bloody hope so. I hope he rots. Not going to comment any further on the matter now - not much to say although he is appealing but by the time this comes to anything, he won't be anything to do with us. Have to laugh at Wednesday fans calling for us to be docked points. Grow up - he had to play in the games he has scored in ... he was still employed by us due to innocent until proven guilty! Nothing else to say.

We are NOT a one man team and we need to move on, sack him and support the other lads towards promotion.
    And I hope no-one takes him on when he is released from prison.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    And I hope no-one takes him on when he is released from prison.
    We both know that someone will, sadly! :mad:
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, i'm surprised he got 5 years. I've been interested in his case, as being a Wednesday fan and all, and I thought they would both get off. Maybe something was said that hasn't been published.. Who knows
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    To be honest, i'm surprised he got 5 years. I've been interested in his case, as being a Wednesday fan and all, and I thought they would both get off. Maybe something was said that hasn't been published.. Who knows
    That is what I wondered.

The thing I'm most shocked about is that they found one man guilty and the other innocent. That quite frankly doesn't add up with the prosecution's case - which essentially was based upon the victim being too drunk to consent.

But still, decision made and we have to move on. 6000 fans at MK Dons supporting the lads to promotion.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Lol, Bilel Mohsni scored a 21-minute hat-trick for Southend United. And he's a centre-back!
  6. Online

Could be very interesting tomorrow in League one
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    MK Dons 1 Sheffield Utd 0. I heard the second half on the radio and it sounded like a hard-fought, moral-boosting win for us, especially as we were down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes or so. Hopefully we can carry this form into the playoffs.
  8. Online

Wow another twist in the League one Promotion race. Sheffield United looked rubbish today, Wednesday very nearly blew it against Carlisle but got a very late goal.
  9. Online

ReputationRep:
    Coventry - :toofunny:

Enjoy League One chaps, you won't be coming back any time soon.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I bloody love football sometimes. Almost on this day two years ago we won 1-0 in front of just 702 fans away to Gateshead in the Conference, a year later we drew 2-2 with Aldershot Town to further our push for the League Two play-offs, and today we defeated Brentford 2-1 to get into the League One play-off places with two games to go.

I still feel blessed to be a Stevenage fan. Has any Football League team ever made it three consecutive promotions before?
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)

How is getting into the play offs going on?
  12. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    How is getting into the play offs going on?
    Didn't quite work, but was about as successful as your attempts to avoid returning to where you belong. Cheers for asking.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:

It might do them some good. They've been in mid table mediocrity for so long, at least relegation gives them a chance to clear out the deadwood and rebuild. Don't know what their financial/ownership situation is like these days but they could finally sort that out too.

Leicester fans are in no position to wum though :holmes:
  14. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It might do them some good. They've been in mid table mediocrity for so long, at least relegation gives them a chance to clear out the deadwood and rebuild. Don't know what their financial/ownership situation is like these days but they could finally sort that out too.

I don't know, I think we're still due our chance to enjoy a bit of karma.

They should have gone down that season (although going down worked out great for us), but now they're down and, when they're pretty much ****ed financially, and won't top 7-8k in the majority of matches, I'd put money on it being a very long season for them. Could see them easily replicating Bradford's achievement of disappearing into absolutely nowhere.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Absolute mess!! Coming from a Coventry fan!
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Didn't quite work, but was about as successful as your attempts to avoid returning to where you belong. Cheers for asking.
    We were favourite to go down. You're favourite to go up at the start of the season. So you've dissapointed!
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Its our second relegation in 40 odd years
  18. Online

ReputationRep:
    We were favourite to go down. You're favourite to go up at the start of the season. So you've dissapointed!

Its our second relegation in 40 odd years
    So the season hasn't gone quite as well as we'd hoped - at least there's not a trip to the Echo where we can play spot the fan (Out of interest - D'ya go dressed as empty seats?)

So, London buses? League two should be fun for you, you might actually win a game.
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So the season hasn't gone quite as well as we'd hoped - at least there's not a trip to the Echo where we can play spot the fan (Out of interest - D'ya go dressed as empty seats?)

So, London buses? League two should be fun for you, you might actually win a game.
    Remind me how was it when you got relegated? How was Sven as your manager again?
  20. Online

ReputationRep:
    Remind me how was it when you got relegated? How was Sven as your manager again?
    Can't say the actual moment was all that great, but league one was just brilliant.

He was quite good, couple of iffy results but overall did a decent enough job and perhaps should have had more time.
Updated: January 22, 2014
New on TSR

Everyday things you can't do

Why do they make everything so difficult?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.