Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Football League Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    A nice 4-1 win last night to move into second place again. We have now scored 77 goals which is the highest in the top 4 leagues in England and third highest in Europe behind Real Madrid and Barca.
    You know, I have a REALLY nasty feeling that second place will go down to goal difference.. And we are ****ed
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm 99% certain we'll be in League One next year. It could be a rubbish southern league next season too because:

- Portsmouth and Bristol C will probably join us.
    - Two from Huddersfield and both Deedar clubs may go up.
    - Chesterfield and Rochdale look certain to go.
    - Bury or Walsall may join them.
    - Coming up from League Two, take your pick, 4 from: Swindon, Shrewsbury, creepy Crawley, Torquay, Oxford, Southend and Cheltenham.

At least we'll still have the big derby with Scunny.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Forest are hitting decent form at the right time (I'm glad to say). I've worried alot this season (I wrote our season off the moment McClaren took over), but I think we look almost safe. Two more wins should see us fine.

Stunned that Coventry are also looking like they'll survive. Donny and Portsmouth are certainties for the drop now, and ever since January I've felt that Bristol City would go down without their goalscorer (Maynard).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    I'm 99% certain we'll be in League One next year. It could be a rubbish southern league next season too because:

- Coming up from League Two, take your pick, 4 from: Swindon, Shrewsbury, creepy Crawley, Torquay, Oxford, Southend and Cheltenham.

Yeah I think you guys don't stand a chance any more.

Sorry
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)

I blame the lack of Spurr <3
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    You know, I have a REALLY nasty feeling that second place will go down to goal difference.. And we are ****ed
    Maybe. Going to be loads of ups and downs for all involved though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    I blame the lack of Spurr <3
    Been one of our best players this season has Tommy, and he's been injured for most of it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buzzing for the skates this sat. Can't wait to send them further into the abyss the dirty cheating *****. On the piss from 9am, going to be an incredible day. Biggest derby in almost 30 years.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Hans)
    Buzzing for the skates this sat. Can't wait to send them further into the abyss the dirty cheating *****. On the piss from 9am, going to be an incredible day. Biggest derby in almost 30 years.
    I am quite scared for if the Saints don't win.. Maybe see you there!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    I am quite scared for if the Saints don't win.. Maybe see you there!
    Im nervous but also buzzing for it! Am planning on doing a match report for Sotontab but will be absolutely smashed come kick off so remembering it all may prove difficult....
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Super_Hans)
    Im nervous but also buzzing for it! Am planning on doing a match report for Sotontab but will be absolutely smashed come kick off so remembering it all may prove difficult....
    Wait, you write for SotonTab? I never knew haha
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can see pompey winning to be honest. There has to be one redeeming moment in their turd season hasn't there?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Can see pompey winning to be honest. There has to be one redeeming moment in their turd season hasn't there?
    I agree.. Also, the last few Saints games i've seen at home, they haven't been that amazing.. For top of the league, I think I expected more!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    I agree.. Also, the last few Saints games i've seen at home, they haven't been that amazing.. For top of the league, I think I expected more!
    Add that to the fact that Pompey have done over us (Birmingham) and Hull in recent weeks at their ground.

Should be a great game to go to though. Was speaking to some saints fans at the Birmingham V Soton game a couple of months ago and was surprised just how much hatred there was lol.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Wait, you write for SotonTab? I never knew haha
    Sadly the only sports writer for the whole of the tab haha!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've lost hope now, I'm sure Mr Tisdale's just picking the team sheets out of one of his designer hats, and I'm sure his new red skinny jeans aren't helping things along.

We've failed to score in half of our games this season, and the only striker who's been consistent, Richard Logan was on the bench, and so was Alan Gow, who was the best player last match. We're so far down the table now that we need to start attacking, trying to grind out draw after draw just isn't going to work.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Demolished Donny today

The second was something special - no idea how Ikeme managed to mess up that cross so badly. 5 points off, with a better goal difference and more goals scored than Cardiff in 6th, do I dare to dream is the question.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We seem to like winning games 3-1.
    5 to go to consolidate our play-off spot. Got some difficult games coming up though. If 75 points is the benchmark then we should be ok if we win our remaining home games.

Come on Birmingham!

PS, Chris Burke is a great player.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great win for Wednesday but sadly no favours from AFC Bournemouth. United will probably pip us to 2nd as can't see them slipping up more than we will.

Having said that we should be a good bet for a 3rd place finish now which means we will play Carlisle, Brentford, Notts County or possibly Stevenage in the play-off semi-finals.
    • 12 followers

Last thing Wednesday will want is to play Stevenage again I imagine, but yeah they were terrific today against Huddersfield, it will go to the last game. Easter Monday will be very important as well.
Updated: January 22, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.