Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Football League Thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Terrible game with two teams far too scared to go for it. Wonder if Blatter was watching, if penos didnt exist that game would still be going on as I type.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Yet again we didn't turn up in a play off final. Gutted. 3rd place, 90 points, most goals scored in the league and nothing to show for it. Joke.
    It seems such a cliché to say it, but imagine what would have been if you'd had Ched available.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Terrible game with two teams far too scared to go for it. Wonder if Blatter was watching, if penos didnt exist that game would still be going on as I type.
    Yes because there was so much riding on it. Too much pressure on both teams but especially us, being the team who finished 3rd and 9 points ahead of them. Tis a joke.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Delighted for Huddersfield, Christ knows it's been a long time coming for promotion. Plus worth mentioning that's three teams Simon Grayson's moved up - Blackpool, Leeds and Huddersfield.

Was working so I missed the penalties, gonna watch them later. Thank God I wasn't watching live, or my pants may not have stayed quite so white.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes because there was so much riding on it. Too much pressure on both teams but especially us, being the team who finished 3rd and 9 points ahead of them. Tis a joke.
    Exactly my point, finals have so much riding on them that there is always the likelihood that the two teams are going to go out not to lose rather than to win. In which case pens are needed. Still, no shot on target until the 80th odd minute is embaressing for any game of footy.

I was rooting for the blades. Watching in a pub in Birimingham with a few Sheffield and Barnsley fans which made it a little more exciting. At no point were the blades fans confident of anything, you and playoff really dont go together unfortunately.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by original_username)
    Exactly my point, finals have so much riding on them that there is always the likelihood that the two teams are going to go out not to lose rather than to win. In which case pens are needed. Still, no shot on target until the 80th odd minute is embaressing for any game of footy.

I was rooting for the blades. Watching in a pub in Birimingham with a few Sheffield and Barnsley fans which made it a little more exciting. At no point were the blades fans confident of anything, you and playoff really dont go together unfortunately.
    Yep. At no point yesterday I thought we were going to do it. Sadly we never do in the play offs. Automatic places or nothing.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks on the face of things that United chucked automatic promotion away. But they would have easily gone up anyway had Wednesday not gone on a 14 match unbeaten run at the end of the season. On that basis I'm inclined to say Wednesday won i rather than United lost it.

The finest of margins in the end though; and United would have gone up was it not for Antonio's 95th minute winner against Carlisle United with three games left, right in front of the Kop where I was sat! A moment never to be forgotten. It felt like a massive turning point then and so it proved to be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield Wednesday are like Aston Villa always lucky, oh well we will thrash you owls when you come to us and then we'll brick your coach again like we did last time you came down you wednesday scum, ZULU's gonna get ya

We shouldn't even be in the CHampionship cuz we're better than that, wednesday might as well give up now
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    Sheffield Wednesday are like Aston Villa always lucky, oh well we will thrash you owls when you come to us and then we'll brick your coach again like we did last time you came down you wednesday scum, ZULU's gonna get ya

We shouldn't even be in the CHampionship cuz we're better than that, wednesday might as well give up now
    Nice! :rolleyes:
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice! :rolleyes:
    Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudleyian)
    Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^
    Exactly the type of person that gives decent football fans like us, a bad name. :rolleyes:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)

Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.
    Not likely to get a response since he's been given a permanent ban, but I'd guess at Birmingham City from the mention of Zulus, and the dislike of Villa.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bad, bad day for cardiff
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:
    I'd take the money for us to survive, not for premiership football. People will always be annoyed because the owners said they wouldn't do it, and furthermore we won't become a successful club just because of the colour, so why do it?
    Essentially we've made our bed with the debt, just makes a mockery out of tradition
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse, you could be a Birmingham fan.

Still no sign of our accounts, Hughton fleeing the sinking ship (who could blame him), criminal owner and looks to be only getting worse.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oxford fan here, missed out on the playoffs due to a 7 game (or so) implosion at the end of the season. May be selling our top scorer to a league 2 rival and potentially losing one of our better young midfield talents too. Plus we may yet see rugby at the Kasstad! Oh dear times are changing, hoping the manager signs some decent replacements if needed!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fixtures Relased today , Bolton fan here , Burnley away for us first day of the season , mixed feeling about it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the new fixtures, we (Bristol City fan here) are playing Notts Florist. Normally an...eventful game.
Updated: January 22, 2014
New on TSR

SQA results day chat

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.