Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
x

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

• One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

The Football League Thread

Announcements Posted on
Rate your uni — help us build a league table based on real student views 19-08-2015
  1. Offline

(Original post by original_username)
    Exactly. I watched the second half of your game on Sat and was almost bored to tears, but that's what Sam Allardyce aims for isn't it.

Also forgot to mention the penalty we should have had. :rolleyes:
    Sam Allardyce's football is almost as bad as McLeish's
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    yer well in lads!! not ten but thatll do me
  3. Offline

Peterborough seem to be carrying their form over from last season, think they might be in a spot of bother this season.
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    That's the last time I make any football predictions.
    Well to be fair Blackpool deserved it. I fully expect them to be up near the top of the league They battered us for most of the match. We didn't really create anything even the goal came from a corner. Struggled to keep possession. Could defiantly do with a midfielder who can keep the ball and one who create something. On the plus side we do look solid at the back and have winnable game against Peterborough at the weekend. Certainly looks like the Championship is going to be as tight as ever with only one team with a 100% record so far.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Peterborough seem to be carrying their form over from last season, think they might be in a spot of bother this season.
    Hopefully Barnsley will go with them!
  6. Offline

(Original post by ipswichblade)
    Hopefully Barnsley will go with them!
    I tipped Barnsley as another team who will struggle, they signed Mido but he got injured straight away.
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I tipped Barnsley as another team who will struggle, they signed Mido but he got injured straight away.
    More fool Barnsley for signing that waste of oxygen.
  8. Offline

(Original post by original_username)
    More fool Barnsley for signing that waste of oxygen.
    He's gotta be one of the worst players to ever grace football.
  9. Offline

(Original post by LUFC Tom)
    Well to be fair Blackpool deserved it. I fully expect them to be up near the top of the league They battered us for most of the match. We didn't really create anything even the goal came from a corner. Struggled to keep possession. Could defiantly do with a midfielder who can keep the ball and one who create something. On the plus side we do look solid at the back and have winnable game against Peterborough at the weekend. Certainly looks like the Championship is going to be as tight as ever with only one team with a 100% record so far.
    Yeah Blackpool are a good side and they got a very good manager in Ian Holloway. Only trouble is with Leeds clearly needing a midfielder will Ken Bates bother to spend, in reality someone needs to takeover that club that's got some money and cares about the club.
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Blackpool are a good side and they got a very good manager in Ian Holloway. Only trouble is with Leeds clearly needing a midfielder will Ken Bates bother to spend, in reality someone needs to takeover that club that's got some money and cares about the club.
    Well Warnock said last night he's not expecting to bring any more in at the minute so Bates certainly won't be paying for a midfielder but then he never pays for anything other than building improvements. I would love the takeover to go through before the end of the window but can't see it at the minute. Ken seems to be dragging his feet for some reason. On the plus side someone supposedly to do with the deal who was at the game on Saturday is a Leeds fan and if the takeover does go through there should be reasonable money available.
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hope you're right!
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley will probably struggle but still get six points off Leeds with our awful recent record in Yorkshire derbies and in particular against them.
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley will probably struggle but still get six points off Leeds with our awful recent record in Yorkshire derbies and in particular against them.
    Barnsley v Leeds, now that is a tough one! Nah, hope Barnsley win!
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Barnsley v Leeds, now that is a tough one! Nah, hope Barnsley win!
    Dont worry I'm used to others wanting Leeds to loose. Though personally I like to see the other Yorkshire sides do well as long as it's not at Leeds expense and that they are not doing better than us. Is a big shame really that the biggest county in the country can't boast even one top flight team to it's name. If Leeds ever get back up would be great to have a few other Yorkshire teams join us.
  15. Offline

ReputationRep:
    He's gotta be one of the worst players to ever grace football.
    Couldn't agree more. Actually feel sorry for Barnsley having him, despite them beating us on Saturday anyway
  16. Offline

ReputationRep:
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!

Early days, I know!

:king1:
  17. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley are the Wigan of the Championship. Favourites to go down every year but they'll do just enough to survive....
  18. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry I'm used to others wanting Leeds to loose. Though personally I like to see the other Yorkshire sides do well as long as it's not at Leeds expense and that they are not doing better than us. Is a big shame really that the biggest county in the country can't boast even one top flight team to it's name. If Leeds ever get back up would be great to have a few other Yorkshire teams join us.
    Yes, Yorkshire football = awful!

I was born in Leeds and have a lot of friends and family who support them to be fair!
  19. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan_oufc)
    We are top of the league say we are top of the league!

Early days, I know!

:king1:
    YELLOWS!
    Whereabouts do you sit?
  20. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miller693)
    YELLOWS!
    Whereabouts do you sit?

Had season ticket in SSL for 5 seasons, but am off to uni next month so will only be attending a few games .
    You?
Updated: January 22, 2014
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

New on TSR

Rate your uni

Help build a new league table

Poll
How do you read?
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.