ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Nice! :rolleyes:
    Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dudleyian)
    Haha! Fabulously insightful post above ^^^
    Exactly the type of person that gives decent football fans like us, a bad name. :rolleyes:
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOTV)
    Sheffield Wednesday are like Aston Villa always lucky, oh well we will thrash you owls when you come to us and then we'll brick your coach again like we did last time you came down you wednesday scum, ZULU's gonna get ya

We shouldn't even be in the CHampionship cuz we're better than that, wednesday might as well give up now
    Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloop)
    Who do you even support?! And please learn how to write. Moron.
    Not likely to get a response since he's been given a permanent ban, but I'd guess at Birmingham City from the mention of Zulus, and the dislike of Villa.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bad, bad day for cardiff
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Give it a couple of years and I reckon the Cardiff fans will warm to it.

When you're losing that much money a month you need a drastic change. :dontknow:
    I'd take the money for us to survive, not for premiership football. People will always be annoyed because the owners said they wouldn't do it, and furthermore we won't become a successful club just because of the colour, so why do it?
    Essentially we've made our bed with the debt, just makes a mockery out of tradition
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse, you could be a Birmingham fan.

Still no sign of our accounts, Hughton fleeing the sinking ship (who could blame him), criminal owner and looks to be only getting worse.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oxford fan here, missed out on the playoffs due to a 7 game (or so) implosion at the end of the season. May be selling our top scorer to a league 2 rival and potentially losing one of our better young midfield talents too. Plus we may yet see rugby at the Kasstad! Oh dear times are changing, hoping the manager signs some decent replacements if needed!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fixtures Relased today , Bolton fan here , Burnley away for us first day of the season , mixed feeling about it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the new fixtures, we (Bristol City fan here) are playing Notts Florist. Normally an...eventful game.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Florist away on the final day, that could be very fun...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Rovers away 1st game for us, personally gutted about that as I will be away at uni for the new season in Bath so could really have done with that game coming in mid season!
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    So then, Notts Forest have apparently been taken over by some Kuwaiti bloke :holmes:

Al Hasawi, a member of one of Kuwait’s richest families and who resigned as president of Kuwaiti club Qadsia earlier this year, was granted a period of exclusivity by the East Midlands club 10 days ago while he carried out due diligence.
    He has made no secret that he was aiming to buy a second-tier English club, with the two-times winners of the European Cup having just retained their Championship status and on the market since the sudden death of owner Nigel Doughty in February.
    Al Hasawi announced the takeover had been successful last night on his Twitter account. “I can officially announce that the acquisition of Nottingham Forest is complete,” he said. His news was greeted with delight by the playing staff.
    “Great news,” said striker Dexter Blackstock in a tweet of his own.
    There have been suggestions that the potential new owners would want to replace Steve Cotterill as manager, with Neil Warnock, who is currently in charge of Championship rivals Leeds United, mentioned as a likely candidate.
    Forest are one of only eight clubs to have retained the European Cup, securing their second crown in 1980, but they have fallen on hard times and have not played in the Premier League since being relegated in 1999.
    The club ended last season in 19th place in the Championship. However, Al Hasawi spelled out a golden vision for Forest last Friday.
    “We wish to bring the club back to where it belongs in the top division. Together we can bring the glory days back,” he said.
    His family’s main business interests are in property, hotels and air conditioning, while Fawaz recently quit as chairman of Kuwait’s Qadsia football club, which has won the past four domestic championships.
    On June 25, a company called NFFC Group Holdings Ltd was registered with Britain’s Companies House. Omar Al Hasawi is a director of this firm, according to the Director Check website.
    The Hasawis, while wealthy, are unlikely to rival the lavish spending of Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour at Premier League champions Manchester City.
    Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur are understood to have tabled a bid for Forest defender Jamaal Lascelles, 18.
    Could make for an interesting season next year - just hope Cotterill gets to blow that money on some ridiculous ****.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    Could make for an interesting season next year - just hope Cotterill gets to blow that money on some ridiculous ****.
    Cott's has just been given his marching orders

Curbishley would be a great replacement.
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)
    Cott's has just been given his marching orders

Curbishley would be a great replacement.
    Heard a fair few rumours about Mick McCarthy coming in.

Very good appointment if true, he knows how to get you out of the division. Would like to see Forest back in the top flight.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Heard a fair few rumours about Mick McCarthy coming in.

Very good appointment if true, he knows how to get you out of the division. Would like to see Forest back in the top flight.
    Whereas I do agree he would be a great appointment to get promotion and keep us up, the football he promotes is not very pleasing on the eye.

Curbishley also has a track record for getting teams promoted, but his teams played attractive football.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just saw Fleetwood (Lg2) signed Joey Barton on loan. I'm guessing QPR will be paying most of the wages, although fleetwood are rich, I don't think they're that rich.

I'm guessing this is a way of getting his 12 match ban over with quicker?
    EDIT: my bad, I think he's just training with them for a week
    • 13 followers

Well the new season is just under a couple weeks away for the football league and the beauty of it all is that it is more unpredictable each year especially in the Championship.

I suspect though the usual suspects will be up there, I suspect Bolton and Blackburn will be eyeing an immediate return although we seen in the past this will not be easy with the league littered with several ex Premier League clubs trying to get back up, I would however guess at least one both will be up there by the end of the season, out of the newly promoted teams I wouldn't be surprised to see both Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday mount a challange as well, Huddersfield I suspect will be happy to be around the mid-table and to consolidate their position for a season before pushing on.

Also think we'll see Birmingham, Brighton, Middlesbrough and the East Midlands clubs looking to get up there as well, Birmingham have a good manager who likes to play attacking football, if they can hang on to their best players then they should challange, looking at Nottingham Forest and Leicester both with new owners and money to spend. However I can't see Blackpool making the play offs again.
    I would say the likes of Millwall, Bristol City and Barnsley will be the one's who struggle, but as I said it will be virtually impossible to predict.

In League one, I tip Sheffield United to put the disappointment of last season behind and go up this time, behind them it is any bodies game, wouldn't be surprised if someone in the play offs last season battles relegation this time, however I suspect MK Dons will be strong again along with the likes of Stevenage and Notts County, i;d bet on as well seeing Coventry being there as well. Wouldn't be surprised Crawley are battling up there again as well, very ambitious club
    Have to worry about Portsmouth though, assuming they even make it to the start they will struggle with a 10 point deduction, and other smaller clubs like Walsall, Yeovil, Bury and Bournemouth.

In league two, I will go with Fleetwood to go up along with Rotherham and Oxford, suspect Wycombe and Plymouth will be strong this season, nothing against Barnet but I think they will struggle again.

Who will you be following in the football league? who do you think will go up or down?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)

In League one, I tip Sheffield United to put the disappointment of last season behind and go up this time, behind them it is any bodies game, wouldn't be surprised if someone in the play offs last season battles relegation this time, however I suspect MK Dons will be strong again along with the likes of Stevenage and Notts County, i;d bet on as well seeing Coventry being there as well. Wouldn't be surprised Crawley are battling up there again as well, very ambitious club
    Have to worry about Portsmouth though, assuming they even make it to the start they will struggle with a 10 point deduction, and other smaller clubs like Walsall, Yeovil, Bury and Bournemouth.

Who will you be following in the football league? who do you think will go up or down?
    Hope you're right. Been impressed with a few of our signings (McMahon from Middlesbrough, Miller from Crewe and Cofie on loan from Man U) so hopefully this will be our year. Touch wood, we have only lost Lowton and out of Lowton and Maguire, I would have rather we got rid of Lowton!
Updated: January 22, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.