The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Boston was criminal, the guy partly responsible has been allowed to carry on managing (Steve Evans) Chester was a real tragic case with the owner turning up promising funds and he turned out to be a fraudster. Rushden I remember the owner just pulled out suddenly.

On another note this thread is nearing 10,000 posts, almost the end of an era.

It's ridiculous how people allow clubs to fall away like that. But oh well there's not much us fans can do about it.

Almost 9 years of posting on here, how things have changed. Back then Leeds fans wouldn't have dreamt of going anywhere near this thread and Yeovil fans would have bitten your hand off if they knew they'd be playing championship football. It wasn't even called the championship then either! Things have moved on quite a lot!
Original post by brocklehurst95
It's ridiculous how people allow clubs to fall away like that. But oh well there's not much us fans can do about it.

Almost 9 years of posting on here, how things have changed. Back then Leeds fans wouldn't have dreamt of going anywhere near this thread and Yeovil fans would have bitten your hand off if they knew they'd be playing championship football. It wasn't even called the championship then either! Things have moved on quite a lot!

I know it's crazy how it has changed, clubs like Stockport and Luton were still well established football league clubs, and the likes of Wimbledon, Crawley and Fleetwood were some way down in the Non League.
And since it began Wolves have been all around!

Guess there'll be the responsibility for someone to open a new thread.
Reply 9903
This gives an indication of just what beeps of football owners there are out there! http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/tristan.cross/439604/twelve-worst-owners-and-chairmen-in-british-football-history

York unfortunately have 2/12 of these 'worst owners'. We're still not safe as a club ans dont really own our own ground thanks to Craig.
I always thought York were better run these days.
Reply 9905
Original post by Rock Fan
I always thought York were better run these days.

As far as I know (but they're quite private owners) we are. Much better run. And they're all fans of the club too going back a few generations in their family which is good.

However, we only own our ground at the moment thanks to a loan from the FSIF, who have basically said 'move and it becomes a grant, fail to move in the next 5 years or so, and we want £4m back'.
And York council are dragging their heels in terms of a new stadium. So if we have any more issues, there's no way we can find £4m! So we'll probably go bust.
Original post by bun
As far as I know (but they're quite private owners) we are. Much better run. And they're all fans of the club too going back a few generations in their family which is good.

However, we only own our ground at the moment thanks to a loan from the FSIF, who have basically said 'move and it becomes a grant, fail to move in the next 5 years or so, and we want £4m back'.
And York council are dragging their heels in terms of a new stadium. So if we have any more issues, there's no way we can find £4m! So we'll probably go bust.

I just for the clubs sake they hurry up and sort the move out.
Inb4 close x
I guess this is it, see you guys on the other side!
Been emotional guys, keep supporting your football league club :smile: join us in the new era http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2573315
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9910
CLOSED. See above post for new thread.

Latest