The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Doubt we've got any rushden fans in here, but we're gonna get our second win tommorow :biggrin:

Come on yellow!
I'm suprised there's even any Rushden fans at all!

Have you been to the place? Rushden is the smallest team in the league as far as the town/village population goes. There's only a few thousand living in Irlingborough or whatever its called...
Reply 122
Seabiscuit
I'm suprised there's even any Rushden fans at all!

Have you been to the place? Rushden is the smallest team in the league as far as the town/village population goes. There's only a few thousand living in Irlingborough or whatever its called...

Weirdly enough i have been there... :smile:

Yeah, its tiny, some guy with a lot of money set it up. Im amazed they get the number of fans they do.
Gexko

Im amazed they get the number of fans they do.

I think we all know the answer to that... As we sang last season - "INBRED AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE!" :biggrin:
Reply 124
Seabiscuit
I think we all know the answer to that... As we sang last season - "INBRED AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE!" :biggrin:

Of course! That must be it!

I'll look out for the people with 2 heads then :biggrin:
Or to quote Alan Partridge... "We've all seen the big eared boys on the farm" :biggrin:
Big game against Hereford for Stevenage! C'MON you stevenage, wid a bit of luck we could go top today! Could easily see Kidderminster takin points of Grays and Exeter are in a bit of bad form atm! :smile:
Reply 127
yes - at last a woking win 1 - 0 against Southport
Torquay won a game!

Champions' League here we come...
We are top of the league! :biggrin:

Ipswich don't look half as good as they were last season but thats what you get for selling best players!

Brilliant game...2 teams playing decent passing football...a penalty saved, 2 good goals by championship's leading scorer and a red card for Ipswich who could only stop Ifill/Kabba by bringing them down.

Gem
What the fu**ing hell happened to Barnet!!!!
We didn't deserve to loose! Bloody Leyton; ah well, can't wait for Brisbane Road :smile: and I would rather loose to Leyton than Carlisle. Bet Kuz is well smug. Didn't even realize it was Leyton until that morning!

Rushden is a team that was amalgamated with Rushden the town and Irthlingborough Diamonds I think :confused: not so long ago.
They have a catchment area as the nearest clubs (Northampton about 13 mile away) and (Kettering 10 mile away) are the only 'good clubs' around. Rushden happen to be not that far behind Northampton now. Its a pain to get to as its a bus from Northampton or a bus from Kettering which both takes way too long. But Nene park is a nice stadium.
Walshie - NON LEAGUE AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE! :biggrin: 3-2 to the Orient! I presume you weren't at the game by the fact you say you didn't deserve to lose. I made the trip up the Northern Line to the small town in Enfield known as Barnet and to undoubtedly the WORST football ground in the entire Football League. I'm telling you, I last visited there 4 years ago and it was still in the same awful state it is today!

Anyway, in the first 20 seconds, they got an offside goal due to the lino not being up with play but we fought back and our striker Jabo Ibehre who had been out for 9 months scored on his return and performed brilliantly in the second half we practically owned Barnet and showed them up for the non league quality they were and we scored two more embarassing their centre half in the process (Anthony Charles I think) We bought a great crowd down there and we created a great atmosphere! Their last goal was definitely offside as well but not to worry, we'd take the 3 points from Underhill and now we're 3 points off the top...

EAST EAST EAST LONDON! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 132
2-2 :bawling:

typical bloody oxford 'we've scored 2 we dont need to play anymore; o sh*t they've scored 2 now and its too late to do anything!'

Why do i bother?
Seabiscuit
Walshie - NON LEAGUE AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE! :biggrin: 3-2 to the Orient! I presume you weren't at the game by the fact you say you didn't deserve to lose. I made the trip up the Northern Line to the small town in Enfield known as Barnet and to undoubtedly the WORST football ground in the entire Football League. I'm telling you, I last visited there 4 years ago and it was still in the same awful state it is today!

Anyway, in the first 20 seconds, they got an offside goal due to the lino not being up with play but we fought back and our striker Jabo Ibehre who had been out for 9 months scored on his return and performed brilliantly in the second half we practically owned Barnet and showed them up for the non league quality they were and we scored two more embarassing their centre half in the process (Anthony Charles I think) We bought a great crowd down there and we created a great atmosphere! Their last goal was definitely offside as well but not to worry, we'd take the 3 points from Underhill and now we're 3 points off the top...

EAST EAST EAST LONDON! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cheeky Git! :biggrin:

Leyton did bring a good length of support down filling the whole goalmouth which was nice to see.
I'm gonna do an Arsene Wenger and say I never saw properly either goals which were assumed off side. Actually how was the 2nd one offside? The first one I was the opposite end so couldn't see properly.

As for Underhill being the worst ground in the country at this level - I'm inclined to agree. Thats why we tried to get a new place only to be thwarted by London Borough of Barnet Council because of the green belt to the rear. Enfield is about 5 mile away from us!

Next time I realize were playing Leyton a good day before, I'll meet up with you and come final whistle I'll be rubbing it in!
walshie
Cheeky Git! :biggrin:

Leyton did bring a good length of support down filling the whole goalmouth which was nice to see.
I'm gonna do an Arsene Wenger and say I never saw properly either goals which were assumed off side. Actually how was the 2nd one offside? The first one I was the opposite end so couldn't see properly.

As for Underhill being the worst ground in the country at this level - I'm inclined to agree. Thats why we tried to get a new place only to be thwarted by London Borough of Barnet Council because of the green belt to the rear. Enfield is about 5 mile away from us!

Next time I realize were playing Leyton a good day before, I'll meet up with you and come final whistle I'll be rubbing it in!

We even brought this bloke in a Father Christmas outfit for some reason! The second one, the ball was flicked onto Grazzy who was practically a yard off the goalline who punted it in. Its a shame the council won't let ya have a new ground - there were plans for you to ground share with us being mooted a while ago. We could have done with the extra rent I'll tell you that but what would you have thought about playing your home games at Brisbane Road?

Yeah, you gotta come for the home fixture at Brissie (dunno when that is) for the good ol' 6 pointer.

I don't believe you have any sort of rivalry with us anyway but there were some singing "If you all hate Barnet clap your hands". Most of us didn't join in - we've got nothing against you! Its more West Ham or Southend for us (who both got promoted in the same weekend... :mad: )
^ No rivalry at all really. Like you said, ours is more against Carlisle than leyton.

Barnet even considered ground sharing with Borehamwood as well!
Reply 136
Up The Blues!!

Come On Carlisle, definitely gonna get promotion again this year.

Barnet for relegation!!
A lot of games in the championship tonight. Results:

FT Brighton 0 Sheff Utd 1 :biggrin:
FT Cardiff 1 Leicester 0
FT Hull 0 Stoke 1
L Ipswich 2 Southampton 2
FT Plymouth 1 Crewe 1
FT Preston 0 Burnley 0
FT QPR 1 Luton 0
FT Reading 3 Crystal Palace 2
FT Sheff Wed 1 Leeds 0
FT Watford 2 Norwich 1
FT Wolverhampton 1 Millwall 2

Top of the league. :biggrin:

Gem
Reply 138
1-1. A good result on the face of it, except we threw away the lead for the 6th time in 7 games. Someone find me a wall to bang my head against!
Reply 139
Lincoln 2-0 Wrexham

Get in!

Latest