The Student Room Group

Is this allowed?

Hi everyone.

So basically, in this semester (B), one of my modules was 'Introduction to Microeconomics.'

Depending on your course, students will either do the module in semester A or semester B.

In semester A, all students had to hand in 1 essay which makes up 50%of the module, and then they sit an 'In class test' at the end of the semester . Which consisted of multiple choice questions. This makes up the other 50%.

In semester B, the structure of the module completely changed.
We still had the essay to do, which was now worth 30%. Online homework tests:confused: , which were worth 20%. And an 'In class test' which was worth 50%.

However

The 'In class test' which I took on Friday, was a completely different format. There was a Part A which had multiple choice questions and Part B which was 4 short essay questions.

Are they allowed to do this??

Because from where I see it, the results that everyone gets won't show a true reflection of how well people performed overall, because the format was completely different. For all I know, I and a load of other students could of been at a disadvantage doing this test than the other one students sat in Semester A or vice versa.

The obvious answer would come from my university, I will ask them tomorrow when I go in, I just want to know what you lot think first?
Or if anyone has had this before.

Thanks in advance:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending