The Student Room Group

whats so bad about egypt and your experiences?

im going in july and ive just been reading another thread
what is it about the men ? do they kidnap people or stare? lol
anyway what must i have ? like sunscreen obv and will there be a lot of insects
im really frightened by them too lol
im 15 female, and muslim so ill obv be covering myself up
any advice would be great
i want to go to the pyramids aswell and none of my fam do...so is it a bad idea going in on my own?
I love going to Egypt.
Yeah I get stared at, and men try to buy me for camels, but as long as you cover up enough and keep your dignity, and stay with other people, you'll be fine.

I dont think you should go anywhere in Egypt on your own apart from around the hotel etc, especially as you're only 15.
Reply 2
Watch Out For Sharks
I love going to Egypt.
Yeah I get stared at, and men try to buy me for camels, but as long as you cover up enough and keep your dignity, and stay with other people, you'll be fine.

I dont think you should go anywhere in Egypt on your own apart from around the hotel etc, especially as you're only 15.

okay i dont think ill go anywhere alone ..
wtf buying girls for camels?! lol
halii_94
okay i dont think ill go anywhere alone ..
wtf buying girls for camels?! lol

Yeah my step mum is egyptian, men bargain with her to buy me to be their wife, in exchange for camels.
Reply 4
Watch Out For Sharks
Yeah my step mum is egyptian, men bargain with her to buy me to be their wife, in exchange for camels.

:confused: but your not worth a camel nor millions of camels either. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Spoiler

fourdigit
:confused: but your not worth a camel nor millions of camels either. :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Haha <3
Reply 6
Watch Out For Sharks

thats kinda creepy..but when i went to dubai
i was being stared at by a bus boy and a guy making pizza trying to show off infront of then turning occasionally to see if i was watchin..yeah my mum noticed that not me lol
Reply 7
Yeah guys do stare. And it's really hot. Also two words; food poisoning. Not nice.

A guy offered my boyfriend a camel for me as well! I think he seriously considered it? lol

Latest