The Student Room Group

AQA INFO3 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
cyborg
The A2 was not too bad - the project requires excellent time management skills; and start working on it immediately. As for INFO3, the textbook really helped - especially with the key points at the end of each chapter.

I ended up with 78/80 in the coursework and 120/120 in the INFO3 exam :smile: (I know, I still can't believe it; thought it didn't do too well :p: )

Thanks again!

Where can i find out the requirements for the coursework is it just on the website as once again our teacher has not really gone through it with us

so any help is great what did you do your project on?

:smile:
Reply 161
Noj2202
Thanks again!

Where can i find out the requirements for the coursework is it just on the website as once again our teacher has not really gone through it with us

so any help is great what did you do your project on?

You can find course materials here under "Teacher resource bank" which includes exemplar work.

I did my project as a database for stock management and customer invoicing for a local company.
Reply 162
cyborg
You can find course materials here under "Teacher resource bank" which includes exemplar work.

I did my project as a database for stock management and customer invoicing for a local company.

This project looks intense! What kind of software programs did you find yourself using?

This book is great by the way great recommendation!

Reply 163
Does anyone know when we will get the pre release material, if we are taking INFO 3 in januray??
Also is there any specific areas that i should learn thoroughly?
Original post by AffyWaffles

Original post by AffyWaffles
my teacher reckons these are possible questions

1) ICT strategies are influenced both internally and externally
A)Explain two internal factors (4M)
B)Explain two external factors (4M)

2)Globemob International PLC experienced several failed projects.
This according to the external consultants arose due to lack of management and end user involvement.
In what ways could management and end user involvement have helped these failed projects? Discuss (10M)

3) Ms Broussard expressed some concerns about the use of external services (2.3)
A) What potential problems can occer through outsourcing? (4M)
B)What are the advantages from outsourcing? (5M)

4)In what ways can the current information security policy be considered inadequate for current and future operations? Discusss (2.4) (10M)

5) Explain using examples what the following systems can be used for:
>Decision Support System
>Management Information System
>Back Office System (12M)

6)There are a variety of training options available name and explain three of these stating an advantage for each, and an ideal occassion when this training method would be appropriate (9M)

7) There are a variety of support methods, explain three of these accompanied with a benefit of each. (9M)

ive got some rough answers that he also gave us if any one wants, its just i cant be bothered to type them at the moment :smile:
hope this helps people (Y)

did thse questions actually come up then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending