The Student Room Group
I believe that Manchester is better for the course itself, as it has a better science department compared to UCL, though the reputation of UCL in general as a uni is much greater!

Though both cities are very good for students, London would have its advantages with shops, location, great place for friends to meet up etc

Despite this, UCL and London would be much more expensive than Manchester which could affect accommodation, plus I think that the UCL campus is a bit further away from lectures unlike manchester :s-smilie:

And all depends on requirements which im not sure

Personally id go for UCL, do im sure you will think of the right answer :wink:
the greatest
I believe that Manchester is better for the course itself, as it has a better science department compared to UCL, though the reputation of UCL in general as a uni is much greater!

Though both cities are very good for students, London would have its advantages with shops, location, great place for friends to meet up etc

Despite this, UCL and London would be much more expensive than Manchester which could affect accommodation, plus I think that the UCL campus is a bit further away from lectures unlike manchester :s-smilie:

And all depends on requirements which im not sure

Personally id go for UCL, do im sure you will think of the right answer :wink:

Irrelevant.

OP: there really isn't much in it. If you're interested in league tables, then the Complete University Guide has Manchester at 5th, vs 15th for UCL, for chemical engineering. But again, league tables mean **** all; they're both highly respected universities, and no employer will turn down your application because you went to UCL instead of Manchester, despite Manchester being ahead in some 'league table'.

The factors that are going to be the biggest influence in your choice are, in no particular order:

- whether you want to live in London or Manchester for your degree

- how much you like the individual departments and campuses

- what the employers that you want to work for think (and they don't give a damn about league tables), but again they probably won't care whether you want to UCL or Manchester.

Latest