Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 (BUSS2) Revision thread.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random123456789)
    yeah true say, so what you aiming for in business?
    I need an A too meet my firm uni offer How about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic Dust)
    Haha, I also needed another A level to get into uni... You don't realise how boring being at home when all your friend are at uni can be... seriously...
    I just read you profile & saw you want to do accounting & finance at Southampton (im applying there too - 2011) did they (or any other uni you applied to) mind that you were doing extra a levels in your gap year? Also have you do any work experience for accounting?

Sorry for ambushing you with so many questions :p:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dime_piece)
    I just read you profile & saw you want to do accounting & finance at Southampton (im applying there too - 2011) did they (or any other uni you applied to) mind that you were doing extra a levels in your gap year? Also have you do any work experience for accounting?

Sorry for ambushing you with so many questions :p:
    I missed my English grade by 4 UMS marks, so even though my unit grades were A,B,B,B,C,D I still only got a C. Thanks to doing the extra A level they have accepted that instead of the usual B. I went too see then to talk about my offer and they were really impressed that I was teaching myself because it's a skill you need for uni. It really helped my application tbh...

I haven't done any work experience no... But I would recommend you have a really good personal statement if you apply to Russel Group uni's Good luck. If you want me to read your personal statement or anything like in sep when you write it just message me and I'll be happy to help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    magic dust what ways are there to raise finance
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I missed my English grade by 4 UMS marks, so even though my unit grades were A,B,B,B,C,D I still only got a C. Thanks to doing the extra A level they have accepted that instead of the usual B. I went too see then to talk about my offer and they were really impressed that I was teaching myself because it's a skill you need for uni. It really helped my application tbh...

I haven't done any work experience no... But I would recommend you have a really good personal statement if you apply to Russel Group uni's Good luck. If you want me to read your personal statement or anything like in sep when you write it just message me and I'll be happy to help
    Thanks, for the info, ill PM you as soon as you start the course too see how your finding it (i dont know many doing A&F - everyone i know has chosen to do a type of engeneering/medicine). Goodluck!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justincredible)
    magic dust what ways are there to raise finance
    That is on BUSS1 - no? :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yh it is on buss1 but i aint great at it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justincredible)
    yh it is on buss1 but i aint great at it
    http://www.tutor2u.net/business/pres...ce/player.html

Awesome presentation, some of the slides don't apply but it should jog your memory.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dime_piece)
    Thanks, for the info, ill PM you as soon as you start the course too see how your finding it (i dont know many doing A&F - everyone i know has chosen to do a type of engeneering/medicine). Goodluck!
    Ah fair enough. Thank you very much You too! :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah fair enough. Thank you very much You too! :yep:
    As well as i know that your a star with the UNIT 2 (BUSS2), do you have any more notes that i could steal of yours?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HabzY)
    As well as i know that your a star with the UNIT 2 (BUSS2), do you have any more notes that i could steal of yours?
    Not unless you break into my bed room and steal my folder :p:

N.B. I really wouldn't like that... :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, could someone bullet point their answer to the questions bellow:

Evaluating the extent to which a business has control over its marketing mix
    Factors that will determine the success or otherwise of a new product

They are the only marketing questions which i cannot answer!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now unit 1 is out the way, time to concentrate on this exam. Anyone got any advice on exam technique as I seem to know all the content but can never get it down on paper in a nice structured way? Thanks
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    The equations for this topic are:

Profit and Cash Flow:

Net profit margin = net profit (before tax)/sales x 100

Return on capita
    l = net profit (before tax)/capital invested x 100

Operations Management:

Labour Productivity = Output per period (units)/number of employees at work.

Labour Turnover = Number of employees leaving during a period/average number employed during period x 100

Absenteeism
    = Number of days taken off for unauthorised absence (during period)/ Total days worked by workforce over the period x 100

Capacity Utilisation
    = Actual level of output/maximum possible output x 100.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richo_EFC)
    Now unit 1 is out the way, time to concentrate on this exam. Anyone got any advice on exam technique as I seem to know all the content but can never get it down on paper in a nice structured way? Thanks
    I wrote this essay plan the other day. It is on an earlier page of this thread. Hope that helps a little
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wrote this essay plan the other day. It is on an earlier page of this thread. Hope that helps a little
    Great Help! Thanks
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richo_EFC)
    Great Help! Thanks
    Any time! :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I need an A too meet my firm uni offer How about you?
    I need all the help I can get lol, how did u find buss1??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The equations for this topic are:

Profit and Cash Flow:

Net profit margin = net profit (before tax)/sales x 100

Return on capita
    l = net profit (before tax)/capital invested x 100

Operations Management:

Labour Productivity = Output per period (units)/number of employees at work.

Labour Turnover = Number of employees leaving during a period/average number employed during period x 100

Absenteeism
    = Number of days taken off for unauthorised absence (during period)/ Total days worked by workforce over the period x 100

Capacity Utilisation
    = Actual level of output/maximum possible output x 100.
    Brilliant Magic Dust, you really are Magic you are so going to ace these exams if you carry on like this lol.:woo:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random123456789)
    I need all the help I can get lol, how did u find buss1??
    Awww, I am sure you'll be great :yep: I thought it was pretty good... I have done transport economics so knew how to define infrastructure, although I am not sure I successfully applied it to a business studies context =/ And I thought the break-even question was very badly worded... but other then that I thought it was a nice paper. How about you?

(Original post by GeniusLad)
    Brilliant Magic Dust, you really are Magic you are so going to ace these exams if you carry on like this lol.:woo:

Haha. Now you see why I choose that user name :p: I kid. I need an A so I guessed I should put some kind of effort in lol :lolwut:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2013
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.