The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 (BUSS2) Revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
random123456789
yeah true say, so what you aiming for in business?

I need an A too meet my firm uni offer :frown: How about you?
Magic Dust
Haha, I also needed another A level to get into uni... You don't realise how boring being at home when all your friend are at uni can be... seriously...

I just read you profile & saw you want to do accounting & finance at Southampton (im applying there too - 2011) did they (or any other uni you applied to) mind that you were doing extra a levels in your gap year? Also have you do any work experience for accounting?

Sorry for ambushing you with so many questions :p:
Reply 42
dime_piece
I just read you profile & saw you want to do accounting & finance at Southampton (im applying there too - 2011) did they (or any other uni you applied to) mind that you were doing extra a levels in your gap year? Also have you do any work experience for accounting?

Sorry for ambushing you with so many questions :p:

I missed my English grade by 4 UMS marks, so even though my unit grades were A,B,B,B,C,D I still only got a C. Thanks to doing the extra A level they have accepted that instead of the usual B. I went too see then to talk about my offer and they were really impressed that I was teaching myself because it's a skill you need for uni. It really helped my application tbh...

I haven't done any work experience no... But I would recommend you have a really good personal statement if you apply to Russel Group uni's :smile: Good luck. If you want me to read your personal statement or anything like in sep when you write it just message me and I'll be happy to help :smile:
magic dust what ways are there to raise finance
Magic Dust
I missed my English grade by 4 UMS marks, so even though my unit grades were A,B,B,B,C,D I still only got a C. Thanks to doing the extra A level they have accepted that instead of the usual B. I went too see then to talk about my offer and they were really impressed that I was teaching myself because it's a skill you need for uni. It really helped my application tbh...

I haven't done any work experience no... But I would recommend you have a really good personal statement if you apply to Russel Group uni's :smile: Good luck. If you want me to read your personal statement or anything like in sep when you write it just message me and I'll be happy to help :smile:

Thanks, for the info, ill PM you as soon as you start the course too see how your finding it (i dont know many doing A&F - everyone i know has chosen to do a type of engeneering/medicine). Goodluck!
Reply 45
justincredible
magic dust what ways are there to raise finance

That is on BUSS1 - no? :confused:
yh it is on buss1 but i aint great at it
Reply 47
justincredible
yh it is on buss1 but i aint great at it

http://www.tutor2u.net/business/presentations/enterprise/raising-finance/player.html

Awesome presentation, some of the slides don't apply but it should jog your memory.
Reply 48
dime_piece
Thanks, for the info, ill PM you as soon as you start the course too see how your finding it (i dont know many doing A&F - everyone i know has chosen to do a type of engeneering/medicine). Goodluck!

Ah fair enough. Thank you very much :smile: You too! :yep:
Reply 49
Magic Dust
Ah fair enough. Thank you very much :smile: You too! :yep:

As well as i know that your a star with the UNIT 2 (BUSS2), do you have any more notes that i could steal of yours?
Reply 50
HabzY
As well as i know that your a star with the UNIT 2 (BUSS2), do you have any more notes that i could steal of yours?

Not unless you break into my bed room and steal my folder :p:

N.B. I really wouldn't like that... :p:
Hey, could someone bullet point their answer to the questions bellow:

Evaluating the extent to which a business has control over its marketing mix
Factors that will determine the success or otherwise of a new product

They are the only marketing questions which i cannot answer!
Reply 52
Now unit 1 is out the way, time to concentrate on this exam. Anyone got any advice on exam technique as I seem to know all the content but can never get it down on paper in a nice structured way? Thanks :smile:
Reply 53
The equations for this topic are:

Profit and Cash Flow:

Net profit margin = net profit (before tax)/sales x 100

Return on capita
l = net profit (before tax)/capital invested x 100

Operations Management:

Labour Productivity = Output per period (units)/number of employees at work.

Labour Turnover = Number of employees leaving during a period/average number employed during period x 100

Absenteeism
= Number of days taken off for unauthorised absence (during period)/ Total days worked by workforce over the period x 100

Capacity Utilisation
= Actual level of output/maximum possible output x 100.
Reply 54
Richo_EFC
Now unit 1 is out the way, time to concentrate on this exam. Anyone got any advice on exam technique as I seem to know all the content but can never get it down on paper in a nice structured way? Thanks :smile:

I wrote this essay plan the other day. It is on an earlier page of this thread. Hope that helps a little :smile:
Reply 55
Magic Dust
I wrote this essay plan the other day. It is on an earlier page of this thread. Hope that helps a little :smile:

Great Help! Thanks :smile:
Reply 56
Richo_EFC
Great Help! Thanks :smile:

Any time! :yep:
Magic Dust
I need an A too meet my firm uni offer :frown: How about you?

I need all the help I can get lol, how did u find buss1??
Reply 58
Magic Dust
The equations for this topic are:

Profit and Cash Flow:

Net profit margin = net profit (before tax)/sales x 100

Return on capita
l = net profit (before tax)/capital invested x 100

Operations Management:

Labour Productivity = Output per period (units)/number of employees at work.

Labour Turnover = Number of employees leaving during a period/average number employed during period x 100

Absenteeism
= Number of days taken off for unauthorised absence (during period)/ Total days worked by workforce over the period x 100

Capacity Utilisation
= Actual level of output/maximum possible output x 100.

Brilliant Magic Dust, you really are Magic:biggrin: you are so going to ace these exams if you carry on like this lol.:woo:
Reply 59
random123456789
I need all the help I can get lol, how did u find buss1??

Awww, I am sure you'll be great :yep: I thought it was pretty good... I have done transport economics so knew how to define infrastructure, although I am not sure I successfully applied it to a business studies context =/ And I thought the break-even question was very badly worded... but other then that I thought it was a nice paper. How about you? :smile:

GeniusLad
Brilliant Magic Dust, you really are Magic:biggrin: you are so going to ace these exams if you carry on like this lol.:woo:

Haha. Now you see why I choose that user name :p: I kid. I need an A so I guessed I should put some kind of effort in lol :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest