The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 (BUSS2) Revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Back to business studies! :smile:
Davott

Personally, I just remember Herzbergs Pyramid and Mcgregors X and Y

you won't get an A* without knowing that its Maslows pyramid lol... of physiological, safety, belonging, esteem and self actualization needs!
Edit : well it's the hierachy of needs
Magic Dust
Back to business studies! :smile:

So which bit do you find the hardest when revising for buss2??
Reply 103
Unit4 will be the hard ****, 2 questions 40 mark each, jeeeez!
Reply 104
damn-revision
you won't get an A* without knowing that its Maslows pyramid lol... of physiological, safety, belonging, esteem and self actualization needs!
Edit : well it's the hierachy of needs

Awwwh f*ck.

My thought process included:

- Herzbergs Pyramid
- McGregors X and Y
- Herzbergs Hygiene factors.

Surely my brain should have picked up that Herzberg didnt come up with two of them >.< Ah well, I think I just had a brain dead moment :P I know it's Maslows Hierarchy of Needs. Not so hot with whats in the pyramid though...
Get me, unit 4 takes the piss!
Reply 106
random123456789
So which bit do you find the hardest when revising for buss2??

Remembering the equations and key words =/ How about you?
Magic Dust
Remembering the equations and key words =/ How about you?

All of it!! but mostly what you said plus my technique is proper s***!
Reply 108
Business is mostly common sence, but applying bit i find hard, im crap at writing essyas :frown:
Reply 109
random123456789
All of it!! but mostly what you said plus my technique is proper s***!

This is going to sound stupid, and patronising but I don't mean it too...

I used to do really badly in exams and I could never work out why because I had the knowledge then someone pointed something out to me that was really simple...

When you answer the question, make sure you are definitely answering it. For example, if it says "Analyse the ways in which Jenny can over come her cash-flow problems" then at the start of each paragraph say, "Jenny could over come her cash-flow problems by_____. This is because..." that way there can be no dispute that you have actually done what you've been asked and if you have analysed your point correctly, you should get the marks.

Also, in your conclusion make sure the first sentence is like "As analysed, Jenny could over come her problems by_______ however it may depend on_____" or something.
Davott
Awwwh f*ck.

My thought process included:

- Herzbergs Pyramid
- McGregors X and Y
- Herzbergs Hygiene factors.

Surely my brain should have picked up that Herzberg didnt come up with two of them >.< Ah well, I think I just had a brain dead moment :P I know it's Maslows Hierarchy of Needs. Not so hot with whats in the pyramid though...

better start revising buddy... in the january modules i feel into the trap of not revising and relying on my natural intelligence to pass... how wrong was i.. learnt my lesson now though and revising a reasonable amount
Reply 111
how many hours u do?
Magic Dust
This is going to sound stupid, and patronising but I don't mean it too...

I used to do really badly in exams and I could never work out why because I had the knowledge then someone pointed something out to me that was really simple...

When you answer the question, make sure you are definitely answering it. For example, if it says "Analyse the ways in which Jenny can over come her cash-flow problems" then at the start of each paragraph say, "Jenny could over come her cash-flow problems by_____. This is because..." that way there can be no dispute that you have actually done what you've been asked and if you have analysed your point correctly, you should get the marks.

Also, in your conclusion make sure the first sentence is like "As analysed, Jenny could over come her problems by_______ however it may depend on_____" or something.

Yeah that was quite helpful although i do kinda do that but then i drift off on to irrelevant things which messess me up..and also how do you structure your essays, do you do like 2 adv and 2 disadv and then conclusion or 1 adv then 1 disadv etc..?
Swimmer
how many hours u do?

havent done any yet for BUSS2, but im going to do plenty this week and this weekend too.
i think i should be alright in the exam, i did one case study from a past paper and got 34/40 on it... doesnt mean i can't do that in the real thing though, so ive gotta make sure i get all the knowledge stuck in my head, and deliver decent exam technique in the exam
Reply 114
random123456789
Yeah that was quite helpful although i do kinda do that but then i drift off on to irrelevant things which messess me up..and also how do you structure your essays, do you do like 2 adv and 2 disadv and then conclusion or 1 adv then 1 disadv etc..?

I do this:

Intro.

2-4 paragraphs where I start by stating the point. Then I say like, how it is good... then I say "however" and bring in some negative aspect, and sometimes when I can think of one I'll do something like "although" and do something positive again. And then I usually answer the question so like "using the method of increasing sales Jenny could increase her cash-flow"

Conclude.
damn-revision
havent done any yet for BUSS2, but im going to do plenty this week and this weekend too.
i think i should be alright in the exam, i did one case study from a past paper and got 34/40 on it... doesnt mean i can't do that in the real thing though, so ive gotta make sure i get all the knowledge stuck in my head, and deliver decent exam technique in the exam

Watcha get for buss2 in jan??
random123456789
Watcha get for buss2 in jan??

didnt do it in Jan, so this will be my first time attempting it.
i did BUSS1 in jan and got a D... looking for an A though, but a B is still good.. i think in my resit i may have just scraped an A
Trust me Buss2 in January was harder than Buss3!!
Reply 118
BUSS3 was really easy actually, i dont think it could get any easier, but i didint revise at ALL and was 4 marks of an C, so not bad, im re-sitting it too tho :frown:
Reply 119
Swimmer
BUSS3 was really easy actually, i dont think it could get any easier, but i didint revise at ALL and was 4 marks of an C, so not bad, im re-sitting it too tho :frown:

UMS or raw marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending