The Student Room Group

acceptance after rejection - anyone heard about this??

ok, i'm simply curious and/or looking for some proof for what my head of 6th form said. we were told that sometimes about two weeks before A-level results come out universities may contact rejectees and offer them places (presumably if the offer holders have failed to meet the conditions of their offers and the rejectees have done extremely well).

has this happened to anyone?
no
I didn't happen to me, but I have heard similar tales... Think there's someone on here who got in Warwick graduate-entry medicine like this. It's not common, though, so don't base any plans on it. Assume it won't happen, because that's the overwhelmingly likely outcome.

EDIT: This is it. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=23912086#post23912086
Reply 3
According to my maths teacher, Oxford once sent someone a rejection letter, then another letter a few days later saying they'd sent it to the wrong person... Does that count? :awesome:
Reply 4
Bobifier
According to my maths teacher, Oxford once sent someone a rejection letter, then another letter a few days later saying they'd sent it to the wrong person... Does that count? :awesome:

nice sig :biggrin:
Reply 5
anzerftum
ok, i'm simply curious and/or looking for some proof for what my head of 6th form said. we were told that sometimes about two weeks before A-level results come out universities may contact rejectees and offer them places (presumably if the offer holders have failed to meet the conditions of their offers and the rejectees have done extremely well).

Forget it. The unis get your results over the weekend before Results Day and not before.

The post TheSownRose has linked to is an example of what can happen specifically in Medicine - but note that this was 'late August' - ie not before Results Day. It is unlikely in the extreme that this would happen for any other courses.
Reply 6
anzerftum

This happens to a girl my ex was friends with, she was interveiwed and rejected by Oxford. But after her results they contacted her and offered her a place, I don't know what subject it was for though.

Latest

Trending

Trending