Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

work experience at london barrister chambers

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey my school got me work experience at a prestigious barrister chambers in central london. i was just wondering.. what sort of jobs/duties do they make you do over the two weeks? oh and do you have to wear formal clothes? or casual? (sorry i'm just really curious, because i can't wait )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjjdy)
    hey my school got me work experience at a prestigious barrister chambers in central london. i was just wondering.. what sort of jobs/duties do they make you do over the two weeks? oh and do you have to wear formal clothes? or casual? (sorry i'm just really curious, because i can't wait )
    As you're school age, you'll probably just be shadowing, with the possibility of getting involved in low-level clerical tasks. With any luck you'll get to accompany barristers to court. Be warned it might be pretty boring at times.

Definitely formal business-style clothes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And make sure you wear long sleeves just in case you end up in court - I just finished a week with a criminal law chambers and spent the entire week clerking for a barrister in an attempted murder trial in the old bailey - it was great - saying that I'm a university student but you might be lucky and end up doing the same - I wore suits/smart clothes everyday.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xjjdy)

OP, you couldn't provide me with their name, could you?

P.S. Yes yes yes, I know it's an old thread but i'm desperate
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickeyfit)
    And make sure you wear long sleeves just in case you end up in court - I just finished a week with a criminal law chambers and spent the entire week clerking for a barrister in an attempted murder trial in the old bailey - it was great - saying that I'm a university student but you might be lucky and end up doing the same - I wore suits/smart clothes everyday.
    Unlikely. I expect you need to be over 18 to involved in such things.

I would expect it to be interesting and better than working at Selfridges. Just don't expect too much.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konran)
    Unlikely. I expect you need to be over 18 to involved in such things.

I would expect it to be interesting and better than working at Selfridges. Just don't expect too much.
    The OP probably is over 18 by now...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 6, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.