The Student Room Group

Which Uni to firm - deadline TODAY!

Poll

Which?

It's out of Nottingham Uni. Business School: BA Industrial Economics - AABe - 3 years

or

BSc Aston Uni. Business School: BSc International Business and Economics (4years with work placement) - AAB

Points: Aston is much cheaper, it's about 30mins away so I will only move in for the first year and save money on accomodation for the rest.

Nottingham would require me moving away for the full 3 years. Nottingham course is not as good as their main Economics courses and is taught in the business school therefore the reputation may be matched.

I think I'd be happier at Aston but will be disadvantaged if I choose it over Notts? I hope to go into consultancy at the Big 4, Accenture, IBM, etc.

Thanks
Aston is really well-known for Business isn't it? More so than Nottingham, I want to say?
OP if you think you'd be happier at Aston then go for Aston tbh.
Reply 2
Yeah, definitely go for the one you prefer personally, otherwise you could risk not enjoying uni, which is a big part of the experience and can affect your degree alot as well.
I'd choose Nottingham of those two, but its a personal decision. Your choice OP! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Aston - the benefits and experience you gain from a placement year will more than make up for any perceived disadvantage in reputation (if there is any, Aston is very well known for business courses) when compared to Nottingham.
I think you made the decision yourself, as everything you said points to Aston as your favourite. But at the end of the day, you've got to pick wherever yo're gonna be happiest :smile:
Reply 6
You sure you want to live at home for the second and third years; even if it is saving money wont it be a bit boring not being with other students?

As far as reputation goes, nottingham is probably slightly better; nottingham also has really good careers people who would increase your employment prospects after completing the degree. Aston has the placement year which probably makes up for this. So i would choose based on where you would enjoy going more; after all, would an aston grad be rejected against a nottingham grad based on the fact that they went to aston and not nottingham, no they wouldn't, so go for whichever you would prefer to go to more.
I'd go for aston because the course is better (plus you have the benefit of vocational experience and being in the city). The nottingham course is a BA so its going to be less quantitiative.
Reply 8
One thing I;m worried about is that Aston may not be well-known in the City, thus making it harder to secure even an interview.
Reply 9
I'd go to Nottingham because an undergrad business degree sounds like a soft option to me personally and Nottingham is the generally better university but you obviously like Aston and you won't accumulate as much student debt by going there, so seems like Aston is a better fit for you.
you sound like your swaying more to Aston go for it !!!
Reply 11
nottingham

Latest

Trending

Trending