The Student Room Group
Reply 1
southampton
Saafampton bruv!
vladwt
I need to choose between Southamton (AAB), Leicester (ABB) and Surrey (ABB) by 6pm tonight.

Any help with student life and quality of teaching, or other input, would be much appreciated :wink: . ( I missed out on the open days :frown: )

Southampton has a pretty good reputation for economics so I'd firm that and put leicester as insurance.
Reply 4
It's a bit late now people. :p: Anyway, as above, Southampton. It has the better reputation, the more quantitative course, and the department is stronger. Also, from what I know about Leicester, Southampton is a much nicer place location-wise.

Even if you've already firmed Leicester (or Surrey from your other thread), you can always phone up tomorrow morning and say you have made a mistake.
Reply 5
Firm: Soton
Insurance: Leicester
.ACS.
It's a bit late now people. :p: Anyway, as above, Southampton. It has the better reputation, the more quantitative course, and the department is stronger. Also, from what I know about Leicester, Southampton is a much nicer place location-wise.

Even if you've already firmed Leicester (or Surrey from your other thread), you can always phone up tomorrow morning and say you have made a mistake.

Oh, I didn't see the 6pm part :s-smilie:. Why did no one reply until after 7?!
Reply 7
s'ton hands down.
Reply 8
southampton!

there's some people doing the course on here :smile:

oh, .ACS. got there already.
Reply 9
my vote is for leicester... i might be slightly biased having already firmed BA economics there :P:

but yeah, awesome course (on open day, said grades will be AAB within a year or two), awesome uni, and a pretty nice city actually...! very happy with my choice, but it's totally your call, southhampton is a much more campus uni, leicester is still a campus, but less so... difficult to describe really, just a different vibe :smile: but at the end of the day it's your choice man, and i'm sure you'll have an awesome time at either uni :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending