The Student Room Group
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
At my University, an average is used to calculate the final degree classification. There is some discretion if a student obtains two per cent below the next boundary. However, in order to be 'promoted' seven out of the 12 module marks will need to be in the higher band. Students can continue with honours if they pass at least 80 out of 120 credits. Failing this, they may be required to transfer to the Ordinary Degree or leave the University. This depends on the number of modules passed and any mitigating circumstances. However, the policy will vary between instiutions. Check your Student Handbook for details.
Reply 3
it varies at each uni so you're best asking a tutor. at mine you need 60% average or more for a 2.1 or if you get 58% or more overall average and at least half of your modules are over 60% then you get a 2.1
Reply 4

it varies at each uni so you're best asking a tutor. at mine you need 60% average or more for a 2.1 or if you get 58% or more overall average and at least half of your modules are over 60% then you get a 2.1

As I indicated above, this is the same as at my University, but promotion to the higher class is at the discretion of the Board of Examiners, but as you say, the policy will vary.

Latest

Trending

Trending