The Student Room Group

Columbia Exchange Year- costs etc

Hi all,

im starting uni next year, and they offer a year abroad to Columbia university for next year. I have to apply for the exchange 2 months after uni starts, so im researching now to kind of prepare myself. My choices are Upenn, California (any campus) and Columbia , though im set on columbia.

I was just wondering how expensive is student housing there, as well as general living costs . My tuition is subsidised i believe, but i hear new york can be very expensive. Anyone at columbia give me a hand here ?

also if you are an exchange student, what was the process like for getting into columbia ? thanks
Phantom_X
Hi all,

im starting uni next year, and they offer a year abroad to Columbia university for next year. I have to apply for the exchange 2 months after uni starts, so im researching now to kind of prepare myself. My choices are Upenn, California (any campus) and Columbia , though im set on columbia.

I was just wondering how expensive is student housing there, as well as general living costs . My tuition is subsidised i believe, but i hear new york can be very expensive. Anyone at columbia give me a hand here ?

also if you are an exchange student, what was the process like for getting into columbia ? thanks

This was the 9 month estimate from Columbia.

School Fees : $1,335
Health Services and Insurance Fees: $2,438
Room and Board: $14,850
Books and Educational Supplies (Estimated): $1,500
Personal Expenses (Estimated): $6,155
Total: ...yeh that's excluding tuition :woo:

You can waive the insurance fees if you're already covered.

Latest

Trending

Trending