The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If it is anyting like my college you will have a short interview, that is not as bad as it sounds, it is just about your ambition and motivation, where you want to progress to etc.
We also had a literacy and numeracy test which is very very basic. I was also asked to bring in a short piece 300 words titled 'where I see myself in 5 years time'

So you get the gist.....I think the issue this year is going to be places, apply early...my college turned over 50 people away last September just because the places were full, and they have already started interviewing for this year.

I am just a few weeks away from the end now, been very hard work but worth it!!
Good luck
Reply 2
ArmyApparently
Hi im in the process if applying for my access course and was just wondering if you know of any people that didn't get a place for whatever reason. Also discussed with the admissions officer about my interview is this quite a formal thing? thanks for your help guys

Hey, having been through this myself it was quite informal. However, this is an important interview so just make sure you prepare and demonstrate your passion for wanting to attend university.

Best of luck

Nick
Reply 3
It was very easy and informal at my college, I had an 'interview' one-to-one with one of the Access subject tutors. They asked me what I'd like to progress on to after college, and helped me choose the right subjects for that career.
I had to take a basic skills test - Maths and English. It won't go against you if you do badly, it just helps them guage whether you'll need any extra help and need to take English or Maths classes.

I'm not sure if it works the same everywhere, but it's first-come first-served for places on the Access course at my college. As long as you show commitment and can prove you are able to take level 3 (A' level) subjects, you're in. I applied as soon as applications opened, so I was one of the first.

Latest

Trending

Trending