Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

£15 a month for HTC Desire or £10 a month for Blackberry Bold 9700?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I will already have the phone so these are sim card only deals. Minutes/texts/internet are the same pretty much.

Which do you think is better? Can't decide!

Thanks
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    come again.

if you already have the phone why are the SIM only deals different prices?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, what?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    come again.

the cheapest price on each of the phones are locked to different networks perhaps :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    come again.

I don't understand?

In the next few days I will either have the 9700 or Desire (with your help ).

The cost of 12 month sim only contract for the 9700 is £10/month and £15/month for Desire.

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Many Decision)

I will already have the phone so these are sim card only deals. Minutes/texts/internet are the same pretty much.

Which do you think is better? Can't decide!

Thanks
    In the next few days I will either have the 9700 or Desire (with your help ).

The cost of 12 month sim only contract for the 9700 is £10/month and £15/month for Desire.

Thanks

So what phone do you have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julian90)
    So what phone do you have?
    Old iPhone. Not sure why that matters though? lol :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im coinfusedddddddd
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok I seem to have created a lot of confusion somehow! hehe. I will be clearer:

-In the next few days I can get a 9700 or Desire, just the phone, no contract/sim card.
    -I will need a contract for whichever of these two phones I decide to buy.
    -O2 offer £10/month for Blackberry and £15/month for Desire - SIM CARD ONLY DEAL.

So my question is which would you prefer, a Desire for £15/month or a 9700 for £10/month.

Hope everyone understands
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Desire ofcourse, it is 100x the phone a BB would be.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PJ991)
    come again.

It's because O2 have different simplicity/SIM only plans - one for iPhone, one for Blackberry and one for all the other smartphones :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    get the £15 deal
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Too Many Decisions)

-In the next few days I can get a 9700 or Desire, just the phone, no contract/sim card.
    -O2 offer £10/month for Blackberry and £15/month for Desire - SIM CARD ONLY DEAL.

So my question is which would you prefer, a Desire for £15/month or a 9700 for £10/month.

Technically a iPhone simplicity plan works on a normal phone, you get the unlimited internet working. Not so sure for the BB plan, however which network offers at which price.

O2 are quite lenient about the amount of unlimited data. Orange are the same also, not so sure about the others. Some unlimited ones are not technically unlimited, some have a cap (500mb possibly) and some just have a limit, which means if you go over the limit, they may or might not charge you.

Make sure it's unlimited, the amount of data you can go through on your phone is quite amazing.

BB lets you tether as well. No experience for the HTC so I cannot say. If you know loads of other people with a BB get a BB, if you like the touchscreen and more advanced apps, go for the HTC.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

will the contracts offer unlimited internet? Imo the blackberry really lags behind when it comes to hardware compared to the desire. However, If your a txtaholic then the Blackberry keyboard may come in handy. Iverall, I think the desire is definitely worth the 5 pound extra a month.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

why not get the cheapest contract no matter what phone you get? Youre sortof asking 2 questions at once, what contract to get and what phone to get, theyre sortof independent choices you seem to have made into a singular choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presidential)
    will the contracts offer unlimited internet? Imo the blackberry really lags behind when it comes to hardware compared to the desire. However, If your a txtaholic then the Blackberry keyboard may come in handy. Iverall, I think the desire is definitely worth the 5 pound extra a month.
    Yep, unlimited. I went for the HTC Desire in the end

(Original post by rorydaredking)
    why not get the cheapest contract no matter what phone you get? Youre sortof asking 2 questions at once, what contract to get and what phone to get, theyre sortof independent choices you seem to have made into a singular choice.
    £10 a month is only for the Blackberry. £15 month is for any smartphone.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep, unlimited. I went for the HTC Desire in the end

£10 a month is only for the Blackberry. £15 month is for any smartphone.
    Why does it matter? Surely BB should be more to include BBm and BIS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    Why does it matter? Surely BB should be more to include BBm and BIS
    What do you mean why does it matter? You can only get the HTC Desire for £15 a month, no less. Whereas the 9700 is £10 a month. BB have recently had a price cut. So I had to make a decision between the two...

I thought people were supposed to be smart on TSR? Most the people in this thread didn't even (and still don't) understand! :rofl:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean why does it matter? You can only get the HTC Desire for £15 a month, no less. Whereas the 9700 is £10 a month. BB have recently had a price cut. So I had to make a decision between the two...

I thought people were supposed to be smart on TSR? Most the people in this thread didn't even (and still don't) understand! :rofl:
    But if its sim only you can just get the sim and put it in any phone. Can you see why I and everyone else is confused?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDDenniZZZ)
    Technically a iPhone simplicity plan works on a normal phone, you get the unlimited internet working. Not so sure for the BB plan, however which network offers at which price.

O2 are quite lenient about the amount of unlimited data. Orange are the same also, not so sure about the others. Some unlimited ones are not technically unlimited, some have a cap (500mb possibly) and some just have a limit, which means if you go over the limit, they may or might not charge you.

Make sure it's unlimited, the amount of data you can go through on your phone is quite amazing.

BB lets you tether as well. No experience for the HTC so I cannot say. If you know loads of other people with a BB get a BB, if you like the touchscreen and more advanced apps, go for the HTC.
    thought o2 fair usage cap is 200mb?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 9, 2010
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.