The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hugh-Jackman
I voted labour because I hate conservative MP's and voters and it irritates them and makes them create threads like this.

I hope so much that this coalition goes through and Labour are still in power....watching all the inbred toffs crying will be hilarious.

The only difference is labour is full of inbreds and tories full of rich inbreads, to be fare!!!!!!! :p: :p:
me :wavey: labour would work hard to protect jobs and the services people rely on; the tories never have.
Reply 82
Hugh-Jackman
I voted labour because I hate conservative MP's and voters and it irritates them and makes them create threads like this.

I hope so much that this coalition goes through and Labour are still in power....watching all the inbred toffs crying will be hilarious.

The Labour Party - opposing stereotypes and prejudice since 1997
Reply 83
Because the Conservatives are planning on putting my mum out of work. I can't vote for a party that could potentially make my parent unemployed, so I voted Labour who are planning to keep my mum's job.

Plus I can't bear our Conservative MP but he got in anyway. At least I didn't contribute to his 'victory'.
Gibsol
The only difference is labour is full of inbreds and tories full of rich inbreads, to be fare!!!!!!! :p: :p:

Not really....densely populated areas are generally labour....thus means much more diverse....rural areas where half the people are related is usually conservative.....you are right though about them being generally richer.
tommm
The Labour Party - opposing stereotypes and prejudice since 1997

If you read the rest of my post, you will see why I put it. You fell right into the trap that I already told you about....well done.
Reply 86
Non of you guys have an idea to be fare
Craig_D
You are mistaking your opinion for fact. Cameron's First Class degree is in Economics joint with Politics and Philosophy, Brown and Darling have no paper credentials in economics at all - aside from possibly having Markets For Dummies on their shelf. You are merely assuming that Osborne and Cameron know less than Darling and Brown, where there is no tangible evidence for such a conclusion. I would ask you to justify it.

I'm fully aware of Cameron's degree. Brown and Darling don't need paper credentials; people seem to think that because we were in a recession, it's exclusively Labour's fault. It's myopic to believe that the Tories could have done any better as the rest of the world was struggling through the economic downturn. Admittedly, Brown did make some mistakes but I firmly believe that his ability with the economy is far greater than Cameron and the Tories.

The idea of pulling £6billion out of the economy, firstly, is extremely risky and potentially derisory to the state of the countries economy. It's an unnecessary step, or intimated step, that's been purported by the Tories in order to bring about 'change'. It is not a realistic measure and would harm our recovery.

Secondly, they were wrong about Northern Rock, as Ken admittedly two weeks ago.

The most damning, in my eyes, indictment of the Conservatives economic abilities comes through Labour's weaknesses. As I've mentioned, Labour do have weaknesses in the economy that we all know of. But, is it not poor that the Tories have not been able to exploit said weaknesses and capitalise on them? Surely if they wanted to make political gains and show the nation that they had the nous to succeed economically, and that they were better suited to handle to the economy, they could have done a better job of proving it?
I did.

I am grateful for the Minimum Wage, Child Tax Credit, the workfare systems implemented in the mid-2000's and the fantastic reforms and advancements made to the NHS in the last decade, and I feel that considering we had one of the worst economic crises this century, the fact that our government managed to pull us out within two years was fantastic, especially Brown's role in the 2009 G-20 summit in London. The last 13 years of my life have been very pleasant, and I did not personally feel like the country was desperately needing change.

Change from what?
Deceitful MP's? - The conservatives fiddled with their expenses too.
The Iraq War? - David Cameron has expressed his support for the operations in Iraq.
Benefits scroungers out of control? - The New Deal and 2009 welfare reform Act formed the seeds of a work-based welfare system, and implemented the first penalties for not attending work-related activity. In fact Conservative and Labour Welfare policy is so damn similar that the conservatives accused Labour of stealing their initiatives in the 2008 DwP Green Report!
Broken britain? - What utter idiocy is that phrase? Britain is not broken. Crime is at an all time low and living standards are at an all time high, what, naughty kids? thats a recent phenomenon is it? Political correctness? thats not a global social phenomenon that would have applied whoever was in parliament?

Oh I don't bloody know. Maybe I am an idiot. I'm well aware that whoever gets in power, not a lot will change, both parties are so bloody homogenous nowadays.
Reply 89
Hugh-Jackman
Plus I think he's right about investing money to strengthen the economy rather than cutting massively right away.

But mainly my hate for tories!

Lol! Labours track record for the economy has definitely been so convincing for that to happen.
Reply 90
CrookedLegs
I'm fully aware of Cameron's degree. Brown and Darling don't need paper credentials; people seem to think that because we were in a recession, it's exclusively Labour's fault. It's myopic to believe that the Tories could have done any better as the rest of the world was struggling through the economic downturn. Admittedly, Brown did make some mistakes but I firmly believe that his ability with the economy is far greater than Cameron and the Tories.

The idea of pulling £6billion out of the economy, firstly, is extremely risky and potentially derisory to the state of the countries economy. It's an unnecessary step, or intimated step, that's been purported by the Tories in order to bring about 'change'. It is not a realistic measure and would harm our recovery.

Secondly, they were wrong about Northern Rock, as Ken admittedly two weeks ago.

The most damning, in my eyes, indictment of the Conservatives economic abilities comes through Labour's weaknesses. As I've mentioned, Labour do have weaknesses in the economy that we all know of. But, is it not poor that the Tories have not been able to exploit said weaknesses and capitalise on them? Surely if they wanted to make political gains and show the nation that they had the nous to succeed economically, and that they were better suited to handle to the economy, they could have done a better job of proving it?

As I said to somebody else earlier:
"Labour overestimated the value of the tax receipts when the economy was good, and meant that we entered the recession in poor financial shape; scrapping the 10p tax rate is seen universally as a bad idea; cutting VAT turned out to be pointless as the savings were pocketed by the shops and not passed on to the customers, thereby not increasing spending and not getting the economy moving; Brown of course sold off 60% of the UK's gold reserves at $275 an ounce, right before everyone knew the value of gold was about to dramatically increase and therefore lost the country around £2 billion.

These mistakes will also keep on coming, Labour are refusing to cut government waste until next year, and say that the £6 billion waste cut out of the government by the Tories will be £6 billion also out of the economy (and will apparently cost jobs!), which shows how clueless (or determined to scaremonger) they really are about how the economy works. It would actually be £6 billion back into the hands of the people, not out of the economy, and not costing jobs, it really does show that Brown is such a strong proponent of a big government that he thinks the economy and the government is the same thing."

As above, Cameron isn't cutting £6 billion out of the economy, he's cutting £6 billion out of the government and putting it back into the hands of the public - who are then likely then going to spend it! Therefore the economy is still going. What's more risky is the NI rise, and I'm sure you've heard it to death so I don't need to go over it.

You used 'believe' that time, and I fully accept your valid opinion, however nothing on the potential leaders can be assumed as actual fact - yet.

The reason Cameron hasn't capitalised is because I think there are many people in the country who since Thatcher have a 'never Tory' attitude, no matter how good their politicians now are. They likely scored every vote they would ever get.
The same type of idiots who voted Lib Dems.
Reply 92
screenager2004
I did.

I am grateful for the Minimum Wage, Child Tax Credit, the workfare systems implemented in the mid-2000's and the fantastic reforms and advancements made to the NHS in the last decade, and I feel that considering we had one of the worst economic crises this century, the fact that our government managed to pull us out within two years was fantastic, especially Brown's role in the 2009 G-20 summit in London. The last 13 years of my life have been very pleasant, and I did not personally feel like the country was desperately needing change.

Change from what?
Deceitful MP's? - The conservatives fiddled with their expenses too.
The Iraq War? - David Cameron has expressed his support for the operations in Iraq.
Benefits scroungers out of control? - The New Deal and 2009 welfare reform Act formed the seeds of a work-based welfare system, and implemented the first penalties for not attending work-related activity. In fact Conservative and Labour Welfare policy is so damn similar that the conservatives accused Labour of stealing their initiatives in the 2008 DwP Green Report!
Broken britain? - What utter idiocy is that phrase? Britain is not broken. Crime is at an all time low and living standards are at an all time high, what, naughty kids? thats a recent phenomenon is it? Political correctness? thats not a global social phenomenon that would have applied whoever was in parliament?

Oh I don't bloody know. Maybe I am an idiot. I'm well aware that whoever gets in power, not a lot will change, both parties are so bloody homogenous nowadays.

Great post :smile: I think the whole 'Broken Britain' thing is a major exaggeration. And I hate it that people pin the blame for the recession solely on Labour, as if the UK was the only country in the world that went into a recession.
I voted Labour because my local MP is, in my opinion, the future of British politics and his ideologies are fairly similar to my own.

Chuka Umunna if anyone was wondering...
Reply 94
A vote for Labour was a vote for ID.

Papers please, big brother is watching.
Reply 95
Hugh-Jackman
Plus I think he's right about investing money to strengthen the economy rather than cutting massively right away.

But mainly my hate for tories!

You realise this labour gave away all the money Thatcher invested for the UK years ago?
Reply 96
adam_zed
Hang on a second, you support UKIP, a one horse party with the most ******* of leaders and you are calling labour voters idiots? Work it out.

I didnt vote labour but I wish I had.

UKIP aren't the ones that have ****** up the economy and so many other things in this country over the past 13 years.

Voting them back in is highly illogiocal.

I can't believe people voted just because they don't like cameron. How childish.
I voted Labour and I'm not an idiot. Calling someone an idiot over their vote is idiotic in itself.
I did, and the idoits are torie voters.
Reply 99
Mr_Spoof
UKIP aren't the ones that have ****** up the economy and so many other things in this country over the past 13 years.

Voting them back in is highly illogiocal.

I can't believe people voted just because they don't like cameron. How childish.

I know, we did with the borrowing of money we didnt have.

Im with you there though. People shouldnt vote because they dislike the other alternative because of his background :s-smilie:

I dont mind Cameron, I mean he appears a bit cocky, but if thats what sells, why not go for it. I just disliked this marriage tax break, it appeared to be like a lame solution to a media invented problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending