The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

...we like it. Carry on, you'll begin to sound like me soon.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
feelthesunshine
...we like it. Carry on, you'll begin to sound like me soon.

That isn't necessarily a good thing...
Hang on, I'll check with my carebear...

No - even my carebear doesn't care :wink:
Reply 43
My above post stands firm in light of your recent post.
HTale
My above post stands firm in light of your recent post.

*refrains from coming back sharpish* :redface:
Reply 45
hahaha now now lads. i'm sure he's just joking. we're all one big mathematical family. oh dear.
Precisely. Let's say we're all factorials:

I'm ∞!, pleased to meet you all :cool:
Reply 47
feelthesunshine
Precisely. Let's say we're all factorials:

I'm ∞!, pleased to meet you all :cool:

That's meaningless, or lets say in Mathematical terms undefined.
I'm not even a mathematician - must mean I'm sane. Goody. :smile:

Care bear - I haven't heared of them for AGES! Even though, I remember now, I have a mug with care bears on that I frequently use. I just don't notice the care bears any more.
Reply 49
Do you all remember those days when we used to wake up every saturday morning and watch 'live and kicking' with our 'lucky charms' cereal and wish that our whole lives were going to be as glorious as this? Where have those days gone?
Are any of you the slightest bit nervous about uni or at least uncertain as to what to expect? Are you the kind of person who is joining uni hoping to start something new and happy to leave school and all that is behind you? Or are you the kind of person who doesn't want to leave the school life and the school friends you've known for a decade now?

Angu
*climbs into diving bell so that he can go fathom the deepness of Angu's post*

I didn't used to wake up just on Saturday morning - I woke up on Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs, Friday, Sat, Sun, and my bed. I used to watch Tigerentenclub (German programme), but we weren't allowed cereals.

I believe you're referring to Nostalgia. I'm hoping to have a great time at uni without necessarily having to cave into a "laddish" culture (drinking etc), and see uni as a place where I can start afresh, and free from all my previous (negative and positive) nicknames and associations. But I'm still in contact with my best friends - and am glad to have seen the back of those I disliked at school.
Reply 51
angadchawla
Do you all remember those days when we used to wake up every saturday morning and watch 'live and kicking' with our 'lucky charms' cereal and wish that our whole lives were going to be as glorious as this? Where have those days gone?
Are any of you the slightest bit nervous about uni or at least uncertain as to what to expect? Are you the kind of person who is joining uni hoping to start something new and happy to leave school and all that is behind you? Or are you the kind of person who doesn't want to leave the school life and the school friends you've known for a decade now?

Angu

Well i cant wait to start, i can't keep sitting still not doing anything (what ive been doing for the past few weeks)... for some reason i know i will stay in close touch with my friends (also becoz a few are coming 2 london also) so i am not too worried...
just make an effort to stay in touch, and u will never lose contact with ur true friends.. :P i must say i am quite sad about having left my school, i used to love it, it was really wonderful, but i guess ya can always go back and visit and stuff :smile:
starting a new life doesnt mean forgetting the past :smile: it means embracing the future with what u have learnt and experienced in the past or somnething like that hehehe
Reply 52
yea i agree with you totally. one of my uncles asked me that and I was just wondering how you all feel obliged to approach university life. your comments are very noble. oh yea i almost forgot to ask you peeps, are any of you bringing a laptop? do u reckon it's useful on a mathematics course?

Angu
Reply 53
angadchawla
Are any of you bringing a laptop? do u reckon it's useful on a mathematics course?

Im defo bringing a laptop, i need my baby to access :tsr: lol
but i wouldnt know about the mathematics thing, im not taking that course :smile:
i just entered this thread to comfort your anxieties:smile:
Im sure you'd have to do some work o the computer though, that
seems to becoming more and more popular - all the formula programmes and tools for word and stuff...
i know back in my school i used to to all my maths coursework on the cpu.
dunno if that helps?
i just always think typed work looks much better and is more presentable :smile:
Reply 54
angadchawla
yea i agree with you totally. one of my uncles asked me that and I was just wondering how you all feel obliged to approach university life. your comments are very noble. oh yea i almost forgot to ask you peeps, are any of you bringing a laptop? do u reckon it's useful on a mathematics course?

Angu

I dont think you need a laptop for Maths. According to Gagan (the guy that gave his hotmail address in one of these posts), there is a programme called Maple you have to master. But thats the only Computer orientated stuff he mentioned, so I dont think a laptop is necessary.
Reply 55
im doin maths at kings too this year. arent there any girls doin maths??
Reply 56
amrishdb
im doin maths at kings too this year. arent there any girls doin maths??

Dont worry - if Maths cant provide you with them, there's always the classics department :wink:

You coming to the badge tonight?

Last one to prove the infinitude of prime numbers buys the drinks! :biggrin:
Tutu's is waiting for SJL. :smile:

Latest