The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
luckylucifer
You have an offer for 2010? It was tailored to Year 12, so there was some stuff about why choose Economics. He did talk about some of the module choices like Maths or Finance, careers that you can go into from and Economics degree (IB, accountancy, Msc, PhD, teaching in universities, etc.).

He also said a bit about which combinations of subjects you can apply for like Economics and Politics, Maths and Economics, but that's more for Year 12 as well.

There was quite a bit of info but probably nothing you can't get from the Internet :smile:

Okay thanks a lot! Yeah I have an offer for this fall (Economics L100), but I am considering to ask for Accounting+Finance instead, having a hard time deciding... From what who say Economics doesn't seem to close any doors, so Economics with Finance module(s) certainly is worth looking into. Will check that out further so thanks for the tip!

Edit: According to the handbook you can take a total of 60 CATS modules outside the department, within the option modules of 120 CATS.
Sooo, if I am correct (please correct me someone if I'm not), if one would like to do as much finance as possible doing L100, you can take the two 3rd year option modules in Topics in Financial Economics (15 + 15 CATS, which are both within the department) AND 60 CATS from WBS. Now that's not so bad.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 21
I went yesterday,thought it was great! Really liked the campus and everyone seemed lovely. I would definitely like to apply. Only thing,they raised the offer for English Lit from AAB to AAA,now making most of my unis that I like at AAA D:
Reply 22
Really glad I went to the open day, was good to get an idea of accomodation and whether i'd like the campus part of it (as opposed to a more city based university).

Providing I get an offer, I expect it to be a fairly strong choice for firming!
Reply 23
i went thought it was great looked at accounting and finance which i thought was AAB and it sounded really good, then i discovered it has been raised to A*AA-AAA from AAB, so i was gutted and shocked also.
Reply 24
They've raised loads of grades this year, according to the new prospectus online.
megaduck
They've raised loads of grades this year, according to the new prospectus online.

can you send me a link to the online prospectus cant find it.:smile:
Reply 26
victor_b1992
can you send me a link to the online prospectus cant find it.:smile:

Here you go -

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/study/undergraduate
thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending