The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

susiemakemeblue
Because one of the main principles of Christianity is to spread the word of God. So Christians argue because it's part of what they undertake to do, and atheists argue because they're argumentative!

Not a great combination really is it :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I think generally most Christians are good with it though. Only the small minority try and push their beliefs on others, for which I am glad!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I've yet to hear a convincing argument for either Christianity or atheism. I hate it when bible-bashers try to convince you of something... except for the witnesses... they are funny! :p:
The only really convincing argument is agnosticism. But personally I call that sitting on the fence and prefer to believe in God, even though I don't have all the answers.

The quickest way to get rid of witnesses is to tell them you're a Catholic. They assume you're un-convertable and bugger off pretty quickly. But if I want an argument, I'll start asking why they'd let their children die rather than allow them to have a blood transfusion. Freaks.
Yeah; and even agnosticism has a fault: How did we come to be?

*goes to sleep as he's knackered*

How are you always up this late, Katie? You work as well! :eek:
I'm not working tomorrow, but I am driving to Guildford to check out some of those dresses. Then hide the shopping bags from my mum in an attempt to look like I'm not squandering the last of my wages on clothes!

I overslept this morning. Got up at 8:07, swore repeatedly, had shower, washed hair, put clothes on, styled hair, put some makeup on and was out of the house by 8:30. Not bad going.
Reply 85
To get back to the point....

weebl found out this morning he is into Wills! Woooooo!

I'm slightly confused as to how I ended up with an en-suite, I certainly didn't ask for it, but I'm not complaing. :biggrin:

Oh yeh, I'm in U13 so no Old Quad for me :frown:
Reply 86
I have heard some terrible things about non-Old Quad :eek:
Reply 87
ramroff

Hehe, have you really? What sort of things? :rolleyes:
Reply 88
I don't want to dampen your excitement :smile:
susiemakemeblue
I'm not working tomorrow, but I am driving to Guildford to check out some of those dresses. Then hide the shopping bags from my mum in an attempt to look like I'm not squandering the last of my wages on clothes!

I overslept this morning. Got up at 8:07, swore repeatedly, had shower, washed hair, put clothes on, styled hair, put some makeup on and was out of the house by 8:30. Not bad going.

Overslept.... And to think I've only just woken up :p:

Still, thats what days off are for.
Reply 90
I`m gonna be in "A" block and its "shared" i.e. a door in the corner of my room leads through to another room.
What kind of clothes constitute "formal" plz? I know it says skirt/smart trousers but what on top?
Also - is everyone gonna buy a rugby shirt/Pub crawl t-shirt?
Cheers.
Reply 91
av-2003
I`m gonna be in "A" block and its "shared" i.e. a door in the corner of my room leads through to another room.
What kind of clothes constitute "formal" plz? I know it says skirt/smart trousers but what on top?
Cheers.

I'm definitely getting me a pub crawl t-shirt! :smile:
Reply 92
ramroff

I visited New Quad - the rooms are smaller (than the HUGE old quad room I saw, anyway) but it's still very nice :smile:
Reply 93
esd1323
I visited New Quad - the rooms are smaller (than the HUGE old quad room I saw, anyway) but it's still very nice :smile:

Good to hear :smile: Thankies.
Reply 94
av-2003
Cheers.

yeah i'm getting both :smile:

dont know about formal top for girls, shouldnt think u'd be allowed trousers tho.
Reply 95
ramroff

Old quad rooms are old but massive, new quad are modern but smaller, but they're ensuite, the ones i saw in new quad looked very nice.
I've been in a New Quad room... it was okay: very modern, quite small... nice.

Wow! Another A-Blocker! Av-2003: Hi! Shavenwookie and I are also in A-Block. That's 3/12 - 25%! Kerazy...

Am getting both pub-crawl and rugby shirt.... the rugby shirt looks great actually... really nice colours :smile:

Old Quad rooms are 15 foot squared... ca. 5x5 metres. Not bad! :p:
I'm getting the Pub Crawl shirt, but not the rugby one...

My mum hasnt got much spare cash atm, So I found myself writing out checks for that, my gown AND my Resnet connection, all from my account! It felt so wrong :frown:
Reply 98
I'm getting everything I can :biggrin: I found the easiest way to fund the stuff is to complain about the price of it in front of grandparents. They're less stingy that parents (and aren't paying the fees etc.) and will feel sorry for you :wink:

About the formal girls thing- just keep your gown on and nobody will see what's underneath.

Can't wait for bond night. Problem is, the only people I would want to go as are men. Was thinking Blofeld but the only white cat I own has a pink bow sewn around its neck. If I'd been about 7ft tall and male I could have got one of those hockey mouth guards in gold (or was it silver?) for Jaws. Bond girls just aren't that interesting. OOOOH - you could paint your face half black half white, get a white top hat and be baron samedi from live and let die! I'm getting excited now :p:
Reply 99
Haha! I have no ideas for bond night as of yet, Blofeld does sound pretty good though...

Anyway, now we all know that we are in Wills anyone fancy an msn swap so we can get to know each other a little better?

Latest

Trending

Trending