The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Shelbycakes
I want a job, but i just dont think i'll have time fo one!

yeah i know wot u mean i need a job cos i definately need the money but doubt i'll have ne free time. i'll just have to take a massiive overdraft and go into even more debt
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 61
i need a job, but i don't plan on looking for one till i'm settled in.
Reply 62
ice girl
yeah i know wot u mean i need a job cos i definately need the money but doubt i'll have ne free time. i'll just have to take a massiive overdraft and go into even more debt

At least we'll have high payin jobs after we graduate! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 63
I'm sorta lucky in the way that the company I work for has several branches in Bristol so i can just transfer down if I want and if they have a place for me..but I just don't know whenm I'll be able to find the time/ if ny, and how flexible working a job will be in terms of degree demands...

But looking at my yearly expenditure and accommodation fees etc against my tiny loan I'm gonna have to find something to reel some cash in els eI'll ne'er be able to go out and party with you crazy minxsters!
Reply 64
I rekon an ideal job would be a couple of nights working in the hall bar... You still get to chat to and see everyone, you're practically at home and i'm sure you could have a few yourself :biggrin:

I spose it'll be pretty hard to get tho, everyone might have the same idea...
Reply 65
I've worked out i should have about £70 a week. Me thinks that should be enough to see me through.
Reply 66
Just found out i may need to move in the day before! anyone else doing this?
nope are you allowed to? i wudnt mind lol
Reply 68
I don't think you can just turn up early, you need permission from the warden.
Reply 69
anyone sent that yellow form off for a parents reception. so does that mean we don't have to go? what time have ppl ticked cos if u go to the 11.30 one by the time it's finished can we start moving in straight away or will we have to wait ill 1 o'clock
Reply 70
I think I may be in to Hiatt Baker not sure - I'm an insurance applicant, so I was put into a pool. They said there are places available at Hiatt Baker and Badock (and houses of course), and I had to state a "preference" - so whether or not this means I'm in another pool or I can have my choice I don't know.

But yay :smile: Anything is better than private accomodation!
Reply 71
ice girl
anyone sent that yellow form off for a parents reception. so does that mean we don't have to go? what time have ppl ticked cos if u go to the 11.30 one by the time it's finished can we start moving in straight away or will we have to wait ill 1 o'clock

My parents ticked the 2.30 one, i'm not planning on going, my parents will probably do something really embarrsing, lol :rolleyes:

My parents are dropping me off there, with my stuff. So i think perhaps they'll go to that meeting whilst i move my stuff into my room? i'm not sure really.

Also, does Hiatt Baker have like, a "living room" area on each bit? or is it just a kitchen. I'm just wondering if theres anywhere that people on each floor congregate. Or if everyone just meets up in the hall bar.
Reply 72
well Jamie 23 you've made a wise choice picking hiatt baker. the most socialable hall that's up for a laugh
Reply 73
Zakatu
My parents ticked the 2.30 one, i'm not planning on going, my parents will probably do something really embarrsing, lol :rolleyes:

My parents are dropping me off there, with my stuff. So i think perhaps they'll go to that meeting whilst i move my stuff into my room? i'm not sure really.

Also, does Hiatt Baker have like, a "living room" area on each bit? or is it just a kitchen. I'm just wondering if theres anywhere that people on each floor congregate. Or if everyone just meets up in the hall bar.

yes i think i'll do that my dad is way too embarassing and probably put u lot right off me. i'm not actually sure if it's got a living room only looked at a bedroom. anyone else know?
Reply 74
I've checked with the hall its fine in special circumstances
Reply 75
Yo, wots crackin everyone!

19/m/london here!
got into bristol and into hiatt baker! jus found this site!
got ABB at A levels and am comin to study politics!

peace love and happyness to all who have got in and i hope to see u all there.
one
my mum was in fits when she saw the form about the parents reception because she found two grammar/spelling mistakes. (she's an English teacher). she circled them and wrote the correct bit over the top, so i told her she couldn't go to the recepetion because she'd ruined the form! so embarassing!
Reply 77
hehe thats ace!
Reply 78
Hey guys,
do u know how far it is from Hiat Baker to the main Uni precinct? like by walking/bus? and for any past HB residents- how did u find the halls? so compared with badock or student houses?? thanks :smile:
Reply 79
i think its 2 miles, 40 minute walk.

Not sure about bus and cycle times.

Latest

Trending

Trending