i did not go to private school and i study sport and exercise science
Reply 62
supernij
i did not go to private school and i study sport and exercise science

"dossers subjects"...maths and physics rock :cool:
Reply 63
yes sport science, essentially hard Human Biology
Reply 64
ok mate, well ill tell you what, when i am on a lunch break and need a personal trainer ill be sure to give you a bell. your course is a joke, what is the test multiple choice?
Reply 65
supernij
yes sport science, essentially hard Human Biology

that is what they all say :rolleyes:
Reply 66
hard human biology are you mad?! i think you got yourself mixed up with the medicine students again...uh oh, where am i?
Reply 67
and when its parents evening and my kid doesnt enjoy maths (coz i will ensure he will not) i'll let you know!
Reply 68
doesnt enjoy maths, yea to busy commiting all that street crime..tsk tsk yet more of a waste of tax money cleaning up this sorry bastard
Reply 69
wait just a second...are you caliming your a sports SCIENTIST. a scientist who doesnt like or see the applications of maths? im so sorry the education system has failed you.
Reply 70
for.god.sake. stop arguing the lot of u!!
Reply 71
tktaylor6 and phil23,
Is there really any need for such an elitist attitude? This thread creator didn't ask about the reputation of Hertfordshire or Kingston in relation to that of others - he simply wanted to compare the two universities. Your comments are in no way productive.
While you might find the entry requirements of these universities are lower than that of yours and you might then have the opinion that your course will be more demanding there's really no need to be quite so offensive.
There's no need to be so proud and haughty regarding your grades either - while AA in Maths and F. Maths is an achievement it isn't THAT impressive.

Edit: I don't at all agree with the stereotyping against people who are very interested in maths either but I feel the argument was initiated by elitism.
Reply 72
at last. a proper post. thanku!
Reply 73
i agree, Sports Science, unfortunately and incorrectly, is seen as a non-academic subject, however, when i say i study sports science people view me as out-going, approachable, but with maths there is a certain stigma that you will be viewed as, single (or gay), undoubtedly ugly, and with a minimal amount of friends apart from within the awesome inner circle of mathematics.

Phil = ****
Taylor = ****

I aplogise ladies for the bad language used

And supernaz you are a king!
Reply 74
Gaz031
tktaylor6 and phil23,
Is there really any need for such an elitist attitude? This thread creator didn't ask about the reputation of Hertfordshire or Kingston in relation to that of others - he simply wanted to compare the two universities. Your comments are in no way productive.
While you might find the entry requirements of these universities are lower than that of yours and you might then have the opinion that the course is more demanding there's really no need to be quite so offensive.
There's no need to be so proud and haughty regarding your grades either - while AA in Maths and F. Maths is an achievement it isn't THAT impressive.

i'm not boasting :rolleyes:...merely bored :biggrin:
Reply 75
Gaz i agree, with what you have said, these people should not have given their opinion. I profusely apologise to all the other people in this thread for extending the argument further than it should have.

Supernaz, as ever, bravo!!!
Reply 76
supernij
i agree, Sports Science, unfortunately and incorrectly, is seen as a non-academic subject, however, when i say i study sports science people view me as out-going, approachable, but with maths there is a certain stigma that you will be viewed as, single (or gay), undoubtedly ugly, and with a minimal amount of friends apart from within the awesome inner circle of mathematics.

Phil = ****
Taylor = ****

I aplogise ladies for the bad language used

And supernaz you are a king!

stop insulting maths:frown:...we can be sociable too!!!! just ask El Cheuo (or whatever) :rolleyes: There are a lot of sociable mathmos out there.
Reply 77
Gaz031
tktaylor6 and phil23,
While you might find the entry requirements of these universities are lower than that of yours and you might then have the opinion that your course will be more demanding there's really no need to be quite so offensive.

Edit: I don't at all agree with the stereotyping against people who are very interested in maths either but I feel the argument was initiated by elitism.

i'd ignore them gaz. tk and phil are obviously attention seeking.
Reply 78
supernij
Gaz i agree, with what you have said, these people should not have given their opinion. I profusely apologise to all the other people in this thread for extending the argument further than it should have.

Supernaz, as ever, bravo!!!

waht is with you and supernaz?
Reply 79
the fact that you just called them mathmos only emphasises my point. End of argument.

Latest