The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Don't you mean G061? :erm:

This is AS OCR ICT - New Spec right?
With the AS Exam on May 18th which is coming up soon.
Coursework being called G062....
Are you doing the SandwichesPlus case study? I am and I'm G041 and I'm sitting it on the 18th May too.
Reply 3
Nayberay
Don't you mean G061? :erm:

This is AS OCR ICT - New Spec right?
With the AS Exam on May 18th which is coming up soon.
Coursework being called G062....

Loll, yeahh I think the person meant G061? Hmm, i actually have no clue...but i've got G061 on may 18th! Oh gawwd, ive revised for it, just scared about the essay question at the end, I dont think I wont be able to approach it correctly and probably zone out in the exam :frown:
Reply 4
PrivatiseThis
Are you doing the SandwichesPlus case study? I am and I'm G041 and I'm sitting it on the 18th May too.

I'm doing this exam aswell, my third retake , ict teachers don't help and i don't know where i'm going wrong. Really need 80 marks from this to get a B overall in ICT . You got any tips?
Have you done all your tasks that are set in the case study? Task 1 is important. You need to have really detailed notes on the case study that relate to the questions in Task 1. If you know the case study in and out then you shouldn't have much of a problem. The most important thing I've learnt from doing past papers is to READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY. The examiner loves trick questions and will always try to catch you out, particularly when it comes to distinguishing between sandwich bars and head office.

Section B (the second set of questions at the end of the paper) is quite mysterious, only general ICT questions are asked. However we can safely say a question will come up on 1 of 3 Legislations. Revise stuff like E-Commerce, teleworking

Learn each of these acts to good knowledge. It is quite likely a question will come up on one of them
Reply 6
PrivatiseThis
Have you done all your tasks that are set in the case study? Task 1 is important. You need to have really detailed notes on the case study that relate to the questions in Task 1. If you know the case study in and out then you shouldn't have much of a problem. The most important thing I've learnt from doing past papers is to READ THE QUESTION CAREFULLY. The examiner loves trick questions and will always try to catch you out, particularly when it comes to distinguishing between sandwich bars and head office.

Section B (the second set of questions at the end of the paper) is quite mysterious, only general ICT questions are asked. However we can safely say a question will come up on 1 of 3 Legislations. Revise stuff like E-Commerce, teleworking

Learn each of these acts to good knowledge. It is quite likely a question will come up on one of them

Yeah, i've done task 2 and 3 but im working on task 1. I'm stuck on what to take notes of, i've done the functions of each staff and processes carried out then i get a blank after that. I've been given tables with headings but i don't understand some of them. Could you look at my task 1 to see if im missing anything?

Thanks for the link btw very useful :biggrin:
does anyone have the january 2010 paper for G061????

will rep

thanks i have the june 09 if you want it, pm me, if many people want it i will post it here
yunghamz
Yeah, i've done task 2 and 3 but im working on task 1. I'm stuck on what to take notes of, i've done the functions of each staff and processes carried out then i get a blank after that. I've been given tables with headings but i don't understand some of them. Could you look at my task 1 to see if im missing anything?

Thanks for the link btw very useful :biggrin:

Sure man, just message me.

FYI, task 1 is not marked so it doesn't need to be perfect. Only Tasks 2 and 3 need to be :P
Reply 9
It's the actual exam i'm most worried about. The bit you can't make notes for. I keep getting U's on the mocks, when i'm getting A's on all other subs!!!
Reply 10
ye i failed in janurary got a U.retaking. the awful fing is i 4t it was easy lol. but i cant find any exam papers or anything to practice from, wat are people revising from?
Reply 11
PrivatiseThis
Sure man, just message me.

FYI, task 1 is not marked so it doesn't need to be perfect. Only Tasks 2 and 3 need to be :P

hey, do you think that i just need to know the pre release inside and out in order to do good in section A or are there other stuff that i need to revise for this section?
yunghamz
hey, do you think that i just need to know the pre release inside and out in order to do good in section A or are there other stuff that i need to revise for this section?

Nah man, you just need to know it inside and out. You do get a copy of it (the booklet) inside the exam but you'll want go into the exam knowing it pretty well. Most of the questions in Section A will be based on the content within the Case Study. If there is a question about something else it will be very strongly related to the case study and shouldn't prove too challenging.

Try and read it cover to cover a few times before the 18th. That's my plan.

I_Need_To_Revise
does anyone have the january 2010 paper for G061????

will rep

thanks i have the june 09 if you want it, pm me, if many people want it i will post it here

I don't think it's out yet unfortunately. :frown:

I'm just going to say again for the benefit of everyone reading this. In section B, it is MORE THAN LIKELY that a question work 10 marks will come up on ONE of the three legislation listed here in this Powerpoint. I've been looking at some past papers (I've only got 2009 and 2006 question papers with no case study :frown: ) and a question on this worth 10 marks has repeatedly come up.http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse/theory/dpa/theory/ict_legislation/legislation.html

Good luck
Thanks for the PPT resource!

Latest

Trending

Trending