The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Quite good fun, I'm starting to get excited now.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/USIS/news/index.php?output=html&refer=4419&id=5969 - amused me.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Wise One
Quite good fun, I'm starting to get excited now.

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/USIS/news/index.php?output=html&refer=4419&id=5969 - amused me.

Haha, I like number 12.
Reply 3
Got mine today, just waiting for accomodation now... :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yeah, some good info in that pack...

I've gotta get aq passport photo sorted though..? Arrgh!
And the timetables for freshers week seem very, very confusing.
Reply 5
crazydaveuk
Yeah, some good info in that pack...

I've gotta get aq passport photo sorted though..? Arrgh!
And the timetables for freshers week seem very, very confusing.

I think there's an official timetable of stuff you have to do (registration with department etc.) and then an infinite number of combinations of amusing social events. :smile:
Reply 6
I hope theres nothing compulsory on Friday lunchtime/pm as I've got to go back to college for a question time thing i helped organise - do you reckon they'd let me if someting clashes with it?
Reply 7
I noticed they have live flamenco in the East Slope bar on the Monday (or is it the Tuesday?). Either way, I'll be in there with my shoes on, giving it some! Can't WAIT!
Reply 8
By the look of it, I'm going to be spending most of the week in the Park Village Cocktail Lounge. I mean, Giant Jenga?! How can I resist?
i got mine today, sounds good. getting worried about my accommodation, getting these scary thoughts about shared room!!! would be my worst nightmare, can u believe in least than a month we'll be at uni!! i can't wait!
I haven't gotten mine yet!
But then I haven't sent off that letter sayng that I accept my place yet...
Reply 11
Pepaim
I hope theres nothing compulsory on Friday lunchtime/pm as I've got to go back to college for a question time thing i helped organise - do you reckon they'd let me if someting clashes with it?

Apart from the department stuff i don't think anything's compulsory, and a lot of the things like library induction and the other talks are on more than one day so you will be fine :smile: you can always ask someone what you missed anyway!
Reply 12
ayaan
I haven't gotten mine yet!
But then I haven't sent off that letter sayng that I accept my place yet...

You don't need to. It's automatically assumed that you are going, unless you say otherwise.
Okay, What's in them then?
Reply 14
You should also be getting a (lot more attractive and exciting) pack from the Students' Union telling you all about the good stuff you'll actually want to go to (pub crawl of Brighton vs oh so thrilling talk about the library?!) but you can see a lot of this info at www.ussu.info/freshers already

Jo x
SussexJo
(pub crawl of Brighton vs oh so thrilling talk about the library?!)

Hah, library, no contest.

(seriously, if it's that huge en masse pub crawl my friend mentioned... eep!)
Reply 16
Has anyone had anything through from the students union yet? Mine hasn't come :frown:
heather_mc
Has anyone had anything through from the students union yet? Mine hasn't come :frown:

I've just had the welcome pack which basically details the events of freshers' week and arrival at uni....
Reply 18
hallucination
I've just had the welcome pack which basically details the events of freshers' week and arrival at uni....

Yes i was going to say i thought the welcome pack had all hte USSU stuff in...it certainly has the pub crawl and freshers ball...
allisandro
Yes i was going to say i thought the welcome pack had all hte USSU stuff in...it certainly has the pub crawl and freshers ball...

Are you going to go on the 3-legged fancy dress pub crawl? My neighbour is lending me a grass skirt!! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending