The Student Room Group

Changing Course at Same University - Before Starting?

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could clear up a few questions I have before I go about speaking to Kent directly?

I am possibly interested in changing from English Literature to Comparative Literature at Kent for 2010 entry. I've been accepted for English Literature for 340 points. Comparative Literature has a typical offer of 320 points. Now, although I expect English Literature is seen as a "better" degree, I am sure I would be a lot happier with the Comparative Literature course, and am therefore thinking about changing.

Is it still possible to do this? I assume it is because I know you can be accepted onto different courses after Results Day if you miss your offer and phone them, and that it can be possible to change course within the first few weeks of the term. I am just unsure because of the fact that I have passed the 14 day deadline from UCAS for 'firming' Kent, and the whole UCAS process.

Also, if it is still possible, which department do I contact first? I would imagine it would be Comparative Literature to find out if they have space for me on the course. Do I then need to email the English Literature department to tell them my intentions, or will they know? I read in a message on here already that Kent should inform UCAS for me, so am not sure if they would inform the other department directly or not.

Any idea what sort of information I need to provide in my email to them? Or will they be able to access my UCAS Application if I provide details of my account?

Thanks for any help!
Absinth
Contact the administration co-ordinator, and they should be able to get it sorted out for you.

Oh, I don't have to speak to the department directly?
Okay, thanks a lot for your help! I will email them later today to see what they have to say (:
I applied and accepted as a firm a course at Canterbury christ church uni, i wanted to change my course (before i had started) and i emailed them via a form on their website specifically about course change, a few days later i got an email from UCAS saying my offers had been updated, and they changed the course for me :smile:.
Reply 3
19Dan89
I applied and accepted as a firm a course at Canterbury christ church uni, i wanted to change my course (before i had started) and i emailed them via a form on their website specifically about course change, a few days later i got an email from UCAS saying my offers had been updated, and they changed the course for me :smile:.

mind if i ask what course you were on before and what course do you have now? presumably you need same grades for both courses right?
sly09
mind if i ask what course you were on before and what course do you have now? presumably you need same grades for both courses right?

This is before i start, i start in September 2010, I applied for criminology and history changed to criminology and sport & exercise science, although i have asked for another change to PE and Sport & exercise science, now awaiting an answer. And same grades yes
Reply 5
My first year I did business and management, but wanted to do management with finance, both courses were in business so the modules for the first year for both were the same.

when I was choosing my second year modules at the end of year 1 I told them that I wanted to be doing finance, and they changed it for me about 2 months before the second year started.
In the end i got it changed to Law and Criminology, which is perfect.
Reply 7
hey, I received an unconditional offer to study business law at Kent university (canterbury campus), however recently I've been thinking of not doing business law but changing my course to criminology and law.

could you offer me some advice to how I should go about this; in terms of who do I contact? And will they let me change courses before september?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending