The Student Room Group

Masters in Neuroscience Offers. Opinions required.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey ! Im sort of toen between the MSc Neuroscience offers i hold from both UCL and KCL. On one hand UCL seems to be the holy grail of neuroscience with an impeccable faculty while kcl's course structure seems more broad based and relaxed, easier to slip into. Also seems friendlier.
Anyone here who has had any good/bad experiences doing these courses ? Do let me know what you think !
Reply 21
Original post by Sriprada
Hey ! Im sort of toen between the MSc Neuroscience offers i hold from both UCL and KCL. On one hand UCL seems to be the holy grail of neuroscience with an impeccable faculty while kcl's course structure seems more broad based and relaxed, easier to slip into. Also seems friendlier.
Anyone here who has had any good/bad experiences doing these courses ? Do let me know what you think !

Hi I'm studying at the King's but doing a different MSc (Mental Health Studies not Neuroscience) but I know people on that course who love it. The environment at the IoPPN is so supportive and they are so encouraging for you to meet the highest standards of academia and research (in a nice way not a pushy way!). Our reputation at the IoPPN is outstanding, being the second most cited psychiatric institute in the world (after Harvard!) and we have amazing facilities and access to a range of hospitals/clinics/wards on our door step.

I am biased because I am already a student at the IoP but it is great and I have loved my time here... sad to be leaving in August :'(
Reply 22
yes I hear amazing things about the IoPPN ! Thanks for your input :smile: One year must've just flown by!
Also, do you have any idea what PhD funding opportunities are like for International students looking to apply at King's?
Reply 23
Hey guys,
Do you think UCL or Imperial College is better for doing a Masters in Neuroscience? I have been offered a place for MSc Transnational Neuroscience at Imperial and Clinical Neuroscience at UCL.
Reply 24
Sorry to ask this in this forum but do you guys have any advice on applying to these programs? I just finished my second year in Psychology (with specialization in Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience). I am thinking of applying to all these London neuroscience masters programs.
Original post by Cheska77
It was exactly 4 weeks from when my references were completed until I was emailed by the department 2 days later it came through on portico :smile:

Hi Cheska77,

I received an email yesterday from one of the staff at UCL congratulating me and providing me with reading lists and people to contact. However, I have yet to receive an official offer on portico. Was this the case for yourself too? If so did you take any substantial efforts to retreive your offer (eg. call them, email, etc.)?

I am on edge as i have to reply King's by today.

thank you

Joshua
Reply 26
Hello,
Does anyone done MSc by Research in Cellular & Molecular Neuroscience course at reading university? If so is it a good course to do?
Reply 27
Hi - hope you're well.
Do you mind me asking for advice in terms of assignments and exams etc please
Original post by Cheska77
It was exactly 4 weeks from when my references were completed until I was emailed by the department 2 days later it came through on portico :smile:

Hi,

Did you have an interview?
Hi! I realize that the tread is super old, but can you elaborate on the courses you took, what's the general feel, how useful it is in your further studies?
Original post by russellsprouts
Hi! I realize that the tread is super old, but can you elaborate on the courses you took, what's the general feel, how useful it is in your further studies?

Hi,
Not sure which university you're particularly interested in, but based on my experience with MSci (not MSc) Neuroscience at UCL, the department and neuroscience labs are indeed top-notch! We're taught about hot topics and cutting-edge techniques by prominent researchers in the field, including Nobel laureates like John O'Keefe.

About MSc Neuroscience specifically, I've heard that it attracts people from various disciplines so the beginning of the programme is designed to get everybody up to speed in Neuroscience. Everyone I know from the department is super supportive and there's a wide range of labs/projects to choose from.
Hi Everyone :smile: just wanted to say that i am doing the Neuroscience Msc at Kings College London and it is really good, super interesting course and good department and nice people. I would definitely recommend it. :smile: x
Need help!!!!
I am an international MBBS graduate and will be taking my MRCP exams this year.Do I stand a chance for MSc neuroscience course in KCL or UCL?
I’ve just finished the MSc Neuroscience course at KCL and thought it was fantastic. Course leaders are good, challenging and varied content (as a psych undergraduate without another science A-level I definitely found the first term biology an enormous learning curve, but got there eventually!!), and loved the 6 months taught, 6 months research project structure. With a scholarship as well I’d definitely recommend it but head to the universities for a tour to check it feels and sounds right for you. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest