Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ask a TSR Liberal Democrat

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Look forward to your mainifesto. The EU bloc might rustle up some activity in the MUN
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DebatingGreg)
    Look forward to your mainifesto. The EU bloc might rustle up some activity in the MUN
    Activity is key, I have noticed that some members are inactive and if they continue to be inactive then the Secretary General should remove them.

My Candidacy which I hope is successful will provide a counter-weight to the anti-European group. My Manifesto contains some technical bits of info because I have mentioned 2 Articles of the Treaty of the European Union (TEU).

In this House I shall be arguing for the status quo (good rock band by the way) but with reforms regarding CAP, CFP and Institutional Reform.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good,

May I ask in what way do individual Lib Dems intend to vote in the republican referendum?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Activity is key, I have noticed that some members are inactive and they continue to be inactive then the Secretary General should remove them.

My Candidacy which I hope is successful will provide a counter-weight to the anti-European group. My Manifesto contains some technical bits of info because I have mentioned 2 Articles of the Treaty of the European Union (TEU).
    Yeah, activity is low. As many of the more active members of the MUN are also part of the MHoC, I suspect some activity was drained away during the election.

The Hypothetical certainly generated some activity though, especially my little Japan who happened to change the famous Clause 9 of its constituition so it can declare war

The Pro-Europe, Anti-Europe debate should be good, too.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
    Sounds good,

May I ask in what way do individual Lib Dems intend to vote in the republican referendum?
    We have not discussed the referendum. There will be a free vote where people decide themselves. I will be voting to keep the Monarchy personally.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, activity is low. As many of the more active members of the MUN are also part of the MHoC, I suspect some activity was drained away during the election.

The Hypothetical certainly generated some activity though, especially my little Japan who happened to change the famous Clause 9 of its constituition so it can declare war

The Pro-Europe, Anti-Europe debate should be good, too.
    I have noticed that aswell.
    I haven't got involved in Hypothetical situations yet. I have only been commenting on various topics, Syria.

Bring it on. I am really looking forward to the Debate on Europe, out comes my EU textbook which I have been reading the history of it.

I really would like textbooks on the EU to contain all the Treaties including TEU and TFEU and the various opt outs etc.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    The MUN Rep for Denmark - a charming fellow - has just informed me that he initially supports Morgsie's candidacy for the secretariat, though will be actively arguing for a dilution of EU authority in several areas.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    The MUN Rep for Denmark - a charming fellow - has just informed me that he initially supports Morgsie's candidacy for the secretariat, though will be actively arguing for a dilution of EU authority in several areas.
    I would like to remind you that the UK and Denmark have opt outs including the Euro. Denmark will be deciding to join the Common Foreign and Security Policy and the Area of Freedom, Security and Justice via a Referendum.

My new role if I get it will about trying to reach a consensus because in terms of foreign policy unanimity is required.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The MUN rep for Finland - a bit of an idiot, to be honest - has just informed me that he initially supports Morgsie's candidacy, also.

(Original post by JPKC)
    He also informs the Denmark rep to get involved in the Baltic Partnership :fuhrer:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    That handsome Eurocrat who is the EU Rep cannot get involved directly.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    He also informs the Denmark rep to get involved in the Baltic Partnership :fuhrer:
    The Denmark Rep just woke up at his desk in New York and is now frantically getting involved.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    The Denmark Rep just woke up at his desk in New York and is now frantically getting involved.
    I have heard that the EU Rep and his entourage of EU Officials has been all over the place.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that the EU Rep and his entourage of EU Officials has been all over the place.
    Probably flying about everywhere at taxpayer's expense.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Probably flying about everywhere at taxpayer's expense.
    Should send Cameron, see if he's as keen to cycle to Russia as he is to work
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    On our taxpayer's money. How very dare he!
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the past few days I have been in hiding, only responding to PMs. Today I return to full duties as Leader.
    During my time in hiding I started work on my Manifesto for MUN. I have also started to look at other Upper Chambers. I also watched a couple of :007: movies, The Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only

I'M BACK
    Yes welcome back Morgsie ^_^
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Activity is key, I have noticed that some members are inactive and if they continue to be inactive then the Secretary General should remove them.
    I try and do it where and when I can but invariably some always slip through the net, so if there are any who have been inactive please would you or anyone let me know and I'll deal with it.

Thanks.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I try and do it where and when I can but invariably some always slip through the net, so if there are any who have been inactive please would you or anyone let me know and I'll deal with it.

Thanks.
    Sweeden rep has not been online since 2011 so i would like to swap Argentina for it.

With all the centre and left delegates in the Baltic at the moment i must impose balance.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Baltic countries are quite left IRL, though.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sweden is Liberal.

Manifesto has been submitted.

Bichington is taking some time out to concentrate on his studies and TC will be covering.
Updated: March 11, 2013
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.