Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My beloved toshiba satellite L50

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Myths and facts on Student Finance - on TSR from 2pm! 15-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there everyone,

Literally two weeks ago currys had a sale on the toshiba satellite L50 B,15.6 inches, i5 core processor (only available in white) I love it to death everything was so quick

Everything was fine and running great, I installed the sims 3 and Photoshop and spotify, baring in mind this laptop has lots of memory 4GB with a 750GB hard drive.

Now it's just so slow, I have no idea why and it's like pulling teeth through a brick wall, I've uninstalled mcaffee and all the other bits like games, I've got hardly any documents or anything, done my windows updates and it's still really slow and horrible

Any suggestions will be repped☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uninstal programs that you dont need on start up, also download ccleaner.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    Uninstal programs that you dont need on start up, also download ccleaner.
    There are no programmes on start up, I'll try downloading ccleaner though thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hit it with a hammer problem solved.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenatlantic)
    There are no programmes on start up, I'll try downloading ccleaner though thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's 2 weeks old, without crap on it, it's quite possibly a hardware issue.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samba)
    If it's 2 weeks old, without crap on it, it's quite possibly a hardware issue.
    That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to be the only person who thought about it because it's literally brand new for god sake

Back to currys it goes then😒😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Windows would get messed up in two weeks. Sounds like some malware or something. Do a scan with Mcafee, if it does nothing. If this doesn't help try a system restore, if that doesn't help format windows and reinstall.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could just be bloatware you have downloaded from surfing the web, you might just have to give you laptop and get a good anti virus for using the web.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's what I was thinking but I didn't want to be the only person who thought about it because it's literally brand new for god sake

Back to currys it goes then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it's literally brand new there isn't much to diagnose on it. Assuming you've taken relatively good care of it, it shouldn't be that slow. Does it ever crash, can you describe in what way it's slow?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoundTrip)
    I doubt Windows would get messed up in two weeks. Sounds like some malware or something. Do a scan with Mcafee, if it does nothing. If this doesn't help try a system restore, if that doesn't help format windows and reinstall.
    Got rid of mcafee because it's just awful, I scanned my computer with AVG and nothing showed up so it's definitely not malware, it can't be malware because I hardly stray from my regular sites (Youtube, amazon, ebay etc)

(Original post by shahbaz)
    It could just be bloatware you have downloaded from surfing the web, you might just have to give you laptop and get a good anti virus for using the web.
    Downloaded decrap or something and it tried getting rid of the toshibas bloatware but it wasn't having it, also when the laptop first arrived everything was super fast even with the bloatware

(Original post by samba)
    If it's literally brand new there isn't much to diagnose on it. Assuming you've taken relatively good care of it, it shouldn't be that slow. Does it ever crash, can you describe in what way it's slow?
    Treat it like royalty, never drop it or leave it on the floor etc, it never shuts itself down but I often have to get the task manager and kill the programme because it's too bloody slow:mad:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Got rid of mcafee because it's just awful, I scanned my computer with AVG and nothing showed up so it's definitely not malware, it can't be malware because I hardly stray from my regular sites (Youtube, amazon, ebay etc)

Downloaded decrap or something and it tried getting rid of the toshibas bloatware but it wasn't having it, also when the laptop first arrived everything was super fast even with the bloatware

Treat it like royalty, never drop it or leave it on the floor etc, it never shuts itself down but I often have to get the task manager and kill the programme because it's too bloody slow:mad:
    Try a system restore if there is one. If it doesn't help you might have to reinstall Windows but you'll lose everything on the computer. It will make it run like it did fresh out of the box assuming there isn't a hardware problem. The only thing that could go wrong I guess is the hard drive. Is it making any loud noises?
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi there everyone,

Literally two weeks ago currys had a sale on the toshiba satellite L50 B,15.6 inches, i5 core processor (only available in white) I love it to death everything was so quick

Everything was fine and running great, I installed the sims 3 and Photoshop and spotify, baring in mind this laptop has lots of memory 4GB with a 750GB hard drive.

Now it's just so slow, I have no idea why and it's like pulling teeth through a brick wall, I've uninstalled mcaffee and all the other bits like games, I've got hardly any documents or anything, done my windows updates and it's still really slow and horrible

Any suggestions will be repped☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It could be a number of things..........AVG or Avast with malwaerbytes and do a proper sweep, also ccleaner.

Also usually theres loads of bloatware on such systems and usually starts up at the beginning, so get rid of programs which start up when you log in http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do a System Restore. It will bring your PC back to an earlier date, perhaps to 1-2 days after you started using it.
    • 188 followers

ReputationRep:
    There might be loads of background tasks running

Download a program that lets you change your startup tasks

Then download ccleaner and do an anti virus scan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.