Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sony VAIO laptop wont connect to wifi and cant reach sony for help

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    my lapop does this thing and has done its since i first got it a little over a year ago where it doesnt connect to the internet for ages or connects but has limited connectivity. its very frustrating but often it could be solved by troubleshooting, restarting, moving near the router etc (even though it still wasnt very good)
    keys also fall off and sometimes it just flat out crashes and wont turn on so yeah generally its a bit rubbish
    ive been trying to reach sony to complain or ask for help, mainly with the connectivity problem, but when you try to send them an email you have to do it through their own support page. every time i have tried to use it over the past year i have filled out all my info and tried to send it and its said that my message was unsuccessful or didnt send or whatever.
    i want to email them properly without the page crashing. if i didnt know any better id speculate that they make sure the page doesnt work so they dont get any complaints
    but anyway paranoia aside, i need a working laptop. ive had a look online and have found various email addresses people claim to be sony support but theyre often for other things like sony tv.

does anyone know how i could either
    A) fix my laptop's connectivity problem (right now it is only working because i put in the ethernet cable, ive pretty much tried every troubleshooter and tried to mess about with drivers etc but im not that good with computers)
    B) pin sony down and get help out of them

svf1521q1ew is the model number i think if that helps anyone

EDIT: forgot to mention the actual current problem in full. atm its not just limited connectivity thats the problem, it has refused to connect to my wifi at all for about 2 days and I NEED IT

UPDATE: still not working, it has been over a week. only works when plugged into the ethernet cable
  2. Online

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmergencyBagels)
    my lapop does this thing and has done its since i first got it a little over a year ago where it doesnt connect to the internet for ages or connects but has limited connectivity. its very frustrating but often it could be solved by troubleshooting, restarting, moving near the router etc (even though it still wasnt very good)
    keys also fall off and sometimes it just flat out crashes and wont turn on so yeah generally its a bit rubbish
    ive been trying to reach sony to complain or ask for help, mainly with the connectivity problem, but when you try to send them an email you have to do it through their own support page. every time i have tried to use it over the past year i have filled out all my info and tried to send it and its said that my message was unsuccessful or didnt send or whatever.
    i want to email them properly without the page crashing. if i didnt know any better id speculate that they make sure the page doesnt work so they dont get any complaints
    but anyway paranoia aside, i need a working laptop. ive had a look online and have found various email addresses people claim to be sony support but theyre often for other things like sony tv.

A) fix my laptop's connectivity problem (right now it is only working because i put in the ethernet cable, ive pretty much tried every troubleshooter and tried to mess about with drivers etc but im not that good with computers)

EDIT: forgot to mention the actual current problem in full. atm its not just limited connectivity thats the problem, it has refused to connect to my wifi at all for about 2 days and I NEED IT
    Have you ruled out the router?
    Register the device on Sony's site and reinstall the routers...doesn't work so get a USB adapter
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Have you ruled out the router?
    Register the device on Sony's site and reinstall the routers...doesn't work so get a USB adapter
    the router seems to not be a problem with my phone or my mums laptop, never has been.
    i think my laptop has been registered
    uhh im gonna check out the rest tomorrow because im tired and confused but yea thanks
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:

UPDATE: still not working, it has been over a week. only works when plugged into the ethernet cable
    I personally own a Sony Vaio laptop too and have the same problem with the 'limited' connection every couple of days but it always seems to spring back into life after restarting the router or reconnecting it to the wifi.

You may need to check your network settings in your control panel and adjust any unusual WIFI settings.

Control Panel - Network and sharing center - Select your WIFI network - Properties - Configure

From here you can look at your drivers and have the option of updating by right clicking and changing settings etc

If it's occurring with other devices it maybe to do with your router, it might need a firmware update but you can contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to solve this
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:

Your going to need to reinstall windows on your computer. Sony has horrible customer service and tbh they can't tell you anything that's not on the internet...

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...tall%20windows

Next time just buy a Mac and your computing problems will be solved forever!
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies guys, because it was kind of urgent though i had to buy another laptop which is crap but oh well, the first one was NOT ACCEPTABLE. we've got a warranty on the crap laptop so we can send t off to be fixed hopefully, but if it ever happens again hopefully now ill know
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    um i've same problem with my vaio E series, i cant connect internet cause limited problem..
    then i looking for how to solve this problem. i just update mywifi driver and connect again.
    it was horrible when i cant find solve these problem..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2015
2015 general election
New on TSR

Loved by Students

Our big survey results unveiled

Article updates
Useful resources
  • 0 new posts
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.