The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Tanx. I will just get it straight away then.
Reply 301
Even then with Black Friday discounts it didn't apply to education stores for MacBook Pros... I bought my MBP in early November but then found out I wouldn't have lost out on anything anyway.
Reply 302
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering whether Apple normally reduces the MBPs prices in the Jan sales?

Also, how recent is the current MBP 13" from Apple? I don't want to buy one to find a new one coming out a week later.
Reply 303
Here is the best place to find out how current the models of Apple products are and the best time to buy: http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro (Linked to the MBP)

As far as I'm aware, Apple don't usually lower the price around Jan.

Hope this helps.
Original post by DannyM786

Original post by DannyM786
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I was wondering whether Apple normally reduces the MBPs prices in the Jan sales?

Also, how recent is the current MBP 13" from Apple? I don't want to buy one to find a new one coming out a week later.

No, Apple don't join in on January sales, considering they never have to try and clear stock. The current Pro saw a very minor update about a month ago, I expect we'll see a proper refresh around March/April time.
Reply 305
Just checked, they have indeed updated my hardware support up to 2014 :biggrin:

Very happy
Reply 306
Hiii, I'm new to this so sorry if I've posted something that's already here I'm just a bit confused. With the HE discount can I get three years free warranty if I buy a macbook as well as the discount off the original price? Thankyouuuu
Reply 307
Hey guys. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I was wondering.. On the 9 january I'll start INTO Foundation courses at the University of Exeter. But I'm going to buy it prior to the beginning of courses. So whether I can get a student discount to buy a macbook pro? If so, what proof would they ask?
Thank you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dreamssss
Hiii, I'm new to this so sorry if I've posted something that's already here I'm just a bit confused. With the HE discount can I get three years free warranty if I buy a macbook as well as the discount off the original price? Thankyouuuu

If you order online or by phone, yes.

Original post by Strummer
Hey guys. Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I was wondering.. On the 9 january I'll start INTO Foundation courses at the University of Exeter. But I'm going to buy it prior to the beginning of courses. So whether I can get a student discount to buy a macbook pro? If so, what proof would they ask?
Thank you.

They'll want proof that you have accepted an unconditional place at the university, although they have been known not to ask.
So if I were purchase in-store, I would only get 1 years warranty for a macbook?
Original post by JiggaPremo
So if I were purchase in-store, I would only get 1 years warranty for a macbook?

Depends on the store (and the manager at the time)...
If the apple care is not essential to you, have a look at the prices on ebay. You can get some very good deals from USA (remember to ask the seller to send as a gift)
Original post by Marcus4004
Depends on the store (and the manager at the time)...

I see...does the free warranty only apply to macbooks or can I get it with an ipad?

Thanks.
Original post by JiggaPremo
I see...does the free warranty only apply to macbooks or can I get it with an ipad?

Thanks.

Not sure. If you live in the uk, you don't really need any extended warranty stuff anyway. Just use the sales of goods act if anything goes wrong. TBH apple are very good at replacing for free if you ask kindly.
Stupid question maybe- does anyone know if you can get a discount for repairs? My friend went in with her iPad last week and supposedly got a discount on her repair, but I asked when paying for my Macbook repair and they said no?
Reply 315
Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to get a student discount on the iPad if you're a 6th form college student? :confused:

If anyone has got it before, how much was it?

Cheers!
Original post by machanic
Hi guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to get a student discount on the iPad if you're a 6th form college student? :confused:

If anyone has got it before, how much was it?

Cheers!

The discount is pretty paltry on iPads, the university portal is showing £11.40 off the 16GB "New iPad" and £9.80 off the iPad 2. You should be able to get it in-store if you bring your college ID with you, otherwise use this link while connected to your college network to get access to the education store.
Reply 317
I rang them up, and they said I would be able to get a 6% discount if I have a Uni card. They said they don’t give a discount to college students. :frown:

Ah well, it's not much anyway. And my college network doesn't seem to have access to the college specific education store.

Thanks for the help though! :smile:
Reply 318
Hi guys,

I know there is a lot of info to do with the warranties and HE discounts...however when looking on the website it seems as if they have discontinued the standard three year extended warranty for HE students.

Does anyone know more about what the current situation is?
Original post by georgia
Hi guys,

I know there is a lot of info to do with the warranties and HE discounts...however when looking on the website it seems as if they have discontinued the standard three year extended warranty for HE students.

Does anyone know more about what the current situation is?

It gets tacked on automatically if I remember correctly, it's not an option you pick.

Latest

Trending

Trending