The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Stickied :smile:
Reply 2
Would a UCAS card count as 'something official looking'?
Reply 3
cz100
Would a UCAS card count as 'something official looking'?

What is a UCAS card?

And as long as you have a Uni ID card, etc, I don't see why not...
Reply 4
CMJBGBWC
What is a UCAS card?

And as long as you have a Uni ID card, etc, I don't see why not...

It just has your name and school name on it, the UCAS website said it's not a form of ID but can be used to prove that you're a student. And I'm only starting 6th form this september
cz100
It just has your name and school name on it, the UCAS website said it's not a form of ID but can be used to prove that you're a student. And I'm only starting 6th form this september

Yep but you get less discount
Reply 6
rorydaredking
Yep but you get less discount

That's ok, some is better than nothing. From what I can gather from the Apple website is 15% for HE and 13% for FE so 2% doesn't make that much difference
Reply 7
You won't get the HE 3 years free hardware and labour warranty tho. :emo:
Reply 8
How do I get the free extended warranty? I haven't found anything on Apple's site. I have already decided to buy Applecare but free sounds a lot better.
Reply 9
RickRoll
How do I get the free extended warranty? I haven't found anything on Apple's site. I have already decided to buy Applecare but free sounds a lot better.

You only get the free Higher Education 3 year parts and labour warranty if you buy online or over the phone.

The difference between the HE warranty and Applecare is that with Applecare you get longer free telephone support and they'll pick up and deliver the computer at their expense. With HE, you have to take it to an Apple store yourself.

Also if you get Applecare and decide to sell it after 2 years or something it'll be worth a bit more as the warranty is transferrable.
For anyone interested, the Back to School offer has started again! :biggrin:
Quick question:

Keen to get one of these now, but will a Uni offer letter be enough for the HE discount?
Or do I have to wait until August for the full discount?
Would appreciate a quick reply :wink:
Reply 12
crazyflight
Quick question:

Keen to get one of these now, but will a Uni offer letter be enough for the HE discount?
Or do I have to wait until August for the full discount?
Would appreciate a quick reply :wink:
I believe so. See this post. Just make sure you are getting the higher education discount when you go buy it and you are recieving free three years hardware and labour suport. If the guy doesn't know ask to speak to his manager as many employees in there are clueless.
Keoje
I believe so. See this post. Just make sure you are getting the higher education discount when you go buy it and you are recieving free three years hardware and labour suport. If the guy doesn't know ask to speak to his manager as many employees in there are clueless.

Thanks!
Although I hadn't received your reply, I went anyway, and they accepted it without a problem (although the assistant had to verify with her manager).
Reply 14
crazyflight
Thanks!
Although I hadn't received your reply, I went anyway, and they accepted it without a problem (although the assistant had to verify with her manager).

Glad to hear that this worked - I'm going to do the same thing after results day and hopefully get a new MBP :smile:
Reply 15
I rang Apple about the student discount last week and he quoted me the standard MBP would be £858ish with HE discount.

But now there's a deal with a free iPod touch, that I don't particularly want and the discount is less. Will you still get the 15%?
Reply 16
LSD89
I rang Apple about the student discount last week and he quoted me the standard MBP would be £858ish with HE discount.

But now there's a deal with a free iPod touch, that I don't particularly want and the discount is less. Will you still get the 15%?

I'm not really that knowledgable about the back to school deal but I believe you pay for the free iPod touch and you apply online to get the rebate. You could then sell it and therefore the actual amount you pay for the MBP would be less. I'm guessing £100? So that'd be £758ish.

Not sure but I think I read that somewhere :ahee:
LSD89

The discount is exactly the same, you just get the iPod thrown in as well.
Reply 18
crazyflight
The discount is exactly the same, you just get the iPod thrown in as well.

Apparently my college is registered as a HE institute instead of a FE one due to them running some Uni foundation courses. Haha, I can get one before I go.

Epic times.
so tempting! i go on the dell website and see the same spec for £500 yet i still want a macbook lol

Latest

Trending

Trending