The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
stephenmca
i put =IF(D14>100, 0.10*D14?,0)
you could also have =IF(D14>100,10%*D14,0)

It's a 10% discount so multiply the number by 0.9 and if it isn't over £100 shouldn't you still display the original cost
Reply 21
Ah, SG computing. Good, easy times. SQA need to consider why they feel the need to give people ridiculous amounts of time for that exam. I mean, it literally takes like 25 minutes to finish the general paper. Not much more for the credit either. Also, the cut offs are often surprisngly low. I got 100% in both elements last year, but it was probably too easy a paper :P
roar558
It's a 10% discount so multiply the number by 0.9 and if it isn't over £100 shouldn't you still display the original cost

hmm? the condition it was asking for was in the cell entitled Discount, there was the the total above that and the total with discount below it.

The cell your formulae is used for is only to calculate the discount, which is 10% of the total price.

for the grand total field is was the total price - the discount(10%).
Reply 23
lol i know what you mean, i think they either need to make the standard grade paper longer or the higher paper shorter, it really doesn't prepare you for higher.
The answer was IF(D14>100, 0.10*D14?,0)

What did everyone get for the similarities and differences of intergrated packages and software suites
?
Reply 25
stephenmca
hmm? the condition it was asking for was in the cell entitled Discount, there was the the total above that and the total with discount below it.

The cell your formulae is used for is only to calculate the discount, which is 10% of the total price.

for the grand total field is was the total price - the discount(10%).

I haven't actually seen the paper so i can't really accurately say what the answer was i am assuming quite a lot with all my information being from previous posts so i may be wrong.
Bullseye123
The answer was IF(D14>100, 0.10*D14?,0)

What did everyone get for the similarities and differences of intergrated packages and software suites
?

i put: differance is intergrated you have to load the entire range of programs thus intergrated has a higher memory use.
similarity that both share a common HCI on each program ... think i could be wrong here and it should be data can be transfered between applictions.
what was the software needed to view the website was it a internet service provider?
and what did you do for the health risks one?
Reply 28
no it would be a internet browser
an ISP is a company providing the internet, it's not software
roar558
no it would be a internet browser
an ISP is a company providing the internet, it's not software

Ah dammit, I totally misinterpreted that question. Right before it it asked me something and I answered HTML and then it asked me that question so with HTML still in mind I answered translator :eek3:
Reply 30
What did people put for the sound card one?

for the formula one I put =IF(D14>100,10%0%) ... do you think I would get any of the 3 marks?
icecold94
What did people put for the sound card one?

for the formula one I put =IF(D14>100,10%0%) ... do you think I would get any of the 3 marks?

For the sound card one, I put the Digitial to Analogue Converter. I THINK that's correct, though quite a few of my friends didn't answer with that.

I would guess you would maybe get a mark for D14>100, but that's just a total guess to be honest.
Reply 32
LonelySoul193
For the sound card one, I put the Digitial to Analogue Converter. I THINK that's correct, though quite a few of my friends didn't answer with that.

I would guess you would maybe get a mark for D14>100, but that's just a total guess to be honest.

:smile: I hope so. If I don't get a 1 im going to be so damn p*****. I got 97% in my prelim, and my folio is a 1.

By the way, for anyone wondering...

The ratios are as follows

KU - 1 (x your grade)
PS - 2 (x your grade)
Folio 2 (x your grade)

Then add up the scores and divide by five.
Reply 33
icecold94
yeh... i feel stupid now :P

Here are the ones I was unsure about... any help?

1) The if statement, because it had % in it, and we've never done this.

Someone complete... = IF (D14>200, ..., ....) ?

2) State the feature of the sound card that would allow her to listen to music using audio cd's? Digital to Analogue convertor

3) Describe two features a robot must have to be considered intelligent ?

4) Describe how the processor distinguishes between memory locations ?

5) State how text is represented in computer systems?

1)D14/10,0
2)Digital to Analogue convertor
3)Powerfull Processors and a wide variety of sensors
4)Each location has a unique address
5)Binary, ASCII
Reply 34
Bullseye123
what was the software needed to view the website was it a internet service provider?
and what did you do for the health risks one?

A Browser
Repetitive Strain Injury - Get wrist pads for the workers
Hey,
I thought this years computing exam was hard - there were a lot of questions that haven't been in past papers in the recent years and we hadn't gone over in class - that i was listening to anyway! :P So quite gutted tbh but general wasn't too bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending