The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Crap. 12 hours.

I'm having negative thoughts... What if the close reading is solid? What if I have to write on poetry (which I'll fail)? What if I don't finish etc...

*someone hold me*
spacepirate-James
Crap. 12 hours.

I'm having negative thoughts... What if the close reading is solid? What if I have to write on poetry (which I'll fail)? What if I don't finish etc...

*someone hold me*

:console: :hugs:

Don't worry it's going to be okay :smile:

Also need some opinions form people. Should I do one more close reading or read over my notes and get an early night?
Livesindreams

Also need some opinions form people. Should I do one more close reading or read over my notes and get an early night?

Personally i'd read over + have an early night. You want to fresh and raring to go tomorrow!

Good luck :smile:
Could some tell me what these terms mean:

Inversion
Antithesis
Parenthesis

That would be very helpful! Good luck everyone!
Just want to say to you all

Good Luck!

If you have put in the effort, i'm sure it will go well. Lets just hope the close reading passages are interesting and the essay questions suit us all well :biggrin:

Bon chance!
Right night everyone one and Good Luck!
Reply 146
ProudScottish

Inversion
Antithesis
Parenthesis

antithesis is a developed oxymoron(opposites side by side), where the writer uses terms that contrast with each other.

inversion i am pretty sure is putting an auxiliary verb before the subject of a clause

parenthesis is something you should really know by now , its when a phrase is put into brackets or dashes or even commas :smile:
ProudScottish

Inversion
Antithesis
Parenthesis

A bit late?

Inversion would be like instead of saying, "The dog caught the ball." you would say "The ball was caught by the dog." I think.

Basically you invert (flip) the sentence, and it's done to highlight something.

Antithesis, I'm not too sure on. From a character perspective, an antithesis is like the complete opposite of a "good" character. So like Voldermort to Dumbledore.

Parenthesis is used to include various bits of information into a sentence, but if taken out the sentence would still make sense. It's basically two sets of commas, dashes, or brackets.

i.e

I looked across the pond, that glistened in the moonlight, seeing nothing but circular faces.
Reply 148
...… oh ****.

Good luck to everyone, Im sure you won't need it - I certainly do....!
Reply 149
Isn't antithesis a balanced sentence?
spacepirate-James
A bit late?

Inversion would be like instead of saying, "The dog caught the ball." you would say "The ball was caught by the dog." I think.

Basically you invert (flip) the sentence, and it's done to highlight something.

Antithesis, I'm not too sure on. From a character perspective, an antithesis is like the complete opposite of a "good" character. So like Voldermort to Dumbledore.

Parenthesis is used to include various bits of information into a sentence, but if taken out the sentence would still make sense. It's basically two sets of commas, dashes, or brackets.

i.e

I looked across the pond, that glistened in the moonlight, seeing nothing but circular faces.

No I'm not late, I'm a hardcore Intermediate 2 student (exam on thursday) asking the brainest of them all on the higher thread. Thanks for that, went into school today and the teacher was off! Thanks again!
Reply 151
Good luck everyone!

Hope we all do well! :smile:
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

I'm off to bed. Be back to discuss it with you lot afterwards :p:
Reply 153
ProudScottish
No I'm not late, I'm a hardcore Intermediate 2 student (exam on thursday) asking the brainest of them all on the higher thread. Thanks for that, went into school today and the teacher was off! Thanks again!

Inversion is from the dog sprinted with haste to Hastily, the dog sprinted.
Oh &#%$ ! :eek:
Oh, and good luck everyone! :p:
Reply 156
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

ck :frown:
Reply 157
Anyone want to share LotF quotes? I can't find any for location/isolation. Or enough for the two main characters (jack and ralph)
English is over, forever!

Hmm, the CR wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be: there were no 4 mark tone Qs! :biggrin:

Essays: good Qs came up for my texts, but I didn't know enough to answer them well! :p:

I am aiming for: CR 30
Essay 1: 15 / Essay 2: 17
so, 62%

How did everyone else find it?

Latest

Trending

Trending